• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

is snorting Pregabalin worth it? Does it increase the potency or duration?

I've always swallowed Preg capsules

Hey love
I am in a very similar situation.. on my first day fully off it right now. I’m realizing cold turkey would be impossible, especially that my parents don’t know about it. Could you pls explain more to me you’re tapering off technique ? Like what was your daily dosage ? Did you do only 1-2 days a week using it or u reduced the amount u used daily ? I am feeling extremely anxious and helpless right now... I have been finishing a 60ml a day for couple of months
I have cold turkeyed lyrica from high dose (600-900 prescribed for pain) daily use few times and it's bad. I have tapered it very slowly from same dose, like 25mg every 3 days and it was kinda ok but still horrible. Once I did a fast taper from 600mg, like 75 mg every day and it felt the best for me, at 150mg I dropped 50mg and after that 25mg a day.

I felt so energetic a day after tapering the dose in the fastest method but I didn't sleep more than 2-4h for months. Slow taper 0-4h sleep 6 months. Cold turkey no sleep for long time and felt like having severe brain injury. The stupidest thing here is that the cold turkeys was doctors suggestions when they didn't it was addicting when it got out to sales.

I'm talking about years long daily use. I still use it some times, but never daily, weekly or even monthly.

I promise if you taper it you will feel normal faster then you think. I was taking huge doses for years. Don't be afraid of it but think you're going to do it for yourself!

Anyone experience any long term mental / cognitive issues from taking pregabalin?

I don’t seem to be able to find my words anymore, like the words don’t appear in my mind & I end up sounding really dumb. I also don’t seem to think about anything before I go to sleep anymore. I’m not sure if it’s from 5htp or pregabalin. I slowly tapered off it a long time ago but still feel it. If so, any tips to improve cognitive ability?

Anyone experience any long term mental / cognitive issues from taking pregabalin?

I don’t seem to be able to find my words anymore, like the words don’t appear in my mind & I end up sounding really dumb. I also don’t seem to think about anything before I go to sleep anymore. I’m not sure if it’s from 5htp or pregabalin. I slowly tapered off it a long time ago but still feel it. If so, any tips to improve cognitive ability?

I've read that Pregabalin can stop neurons from working or something - I don't know how much truth there is in that.

I suggest trying to keep your brain active with cognitive exercises - get a 'Dummies guide' type book about mathematics and work your way through it, doing all the exercises. Do puzzles, brain-training games etc

Just curious, when would one start to feel the effects of lyrica withdrawal after last dose? I've been taking 200mgs every day for 14 days before bedtime for restless leg syndrome. My last dose was almost 48hrs ago and I currently feel fine. Read alot of people say how bad withdrawal is so even though it works great for RLS I no longer want to take it daily. I've been through opiate withdrawal and it sucks, don't want to withdrawal from this stuff either.

Just curious, when would one start to feel the effects of lyrica withdrawal after last dose? I've been taking 200mgs every day for 14 days before bedtime for restless leg syndrome. My last dose was almost 48hrs ago and I currently feel fine. Read alot of people say how bad withdrawal is so even though it works great for RLS I no longer want to take it daily. I've been through opiate withdrawal and it sucks, don't want to withdrawal from this stuff either.
Everyone's body is different...if you've only been taking this for two weeks, I'd think you'd be ok. IMO only. I have had nasty withdrawal from Lyrica. Mainly brain zaps, where I get a headache and feel shocks in my body. However I had been on Lyrics for years. Hopefully you don't experience any of the nasty side effects. Sounds like you're doing well though.
Edit: 200mgs a day is also a pretty small dose. I currently take 600mgs per day.

Everyone's body is different...if you've only been taking this for two weeks, I'd think you'd be ok. IMO only. I have had nasty withdrawal from Lyrica. Mainly brain zaps, where I get a headache and feel shocks in my body. However I had been on Lyrics for years. Hopefully you don't experience any of the nasty side effects. Sounds like you're doing well though.
Edit: 200mgs a day is also a pretty small dose. I currently take 600mgs per day.
Thanks for your reply, in your experience when do withdrawals usually start to show after last dose?

With years experience I'd say rebound symptoms would have already started if your body would be dependent on it.

For me the actual wd symptoms starts the second evening wo it from high dose. I might even feel good that time. My bodily symptoms gets worse every day for about a week then it's just better days and very bad days.

This is from years daily high dose use for pain.

I have had worse wd from it then any benzo or opioid...

I'm a guy with moderate drug experience history (codeine, Molly, spice, weed, some benzos, alcohol, tried Coke once and hated it) who's on lyrica for 3 years now, using it generally for recreational purposes. I sometimes take up to 1500mg a day. Imo it takes 2 days for me to feel the withdrawal effects, specially if I'm binge using for 2-3 days. I didn't have any really really bad withdrawals until now. I've always used it with some weed, idk if that changes anything(surely increases high). But I can agree with the fella up there who says that he can't remember some words some times. I'm having a similar problem and I believe that it's about lyrica. For me pregabalin is mildly addictive. When I go coldturkey I might be missing it for 1-2 week, but if I got my green friend everything is alright :)

I'm a guy with moderate drug experience history (codeine, Molly, spice, weed, some benzos, alcohol, tried Coke once and hated it) who's on lyrica for 3 years now, using it generally for recreational purposes. I sometimes take up to 1500mg a day. Imo it takes 2 days for me to feel the withdrawal effects, specially if I'm binge using for 2-3 days. I didn't have any really really bad withdrawals until now. I've always used it with some weed, idk if that changes anything(surely increases high). But I can agree with the fella up there who says that he can't remember some words some times. I'm having a similar problem and I believe that it's about lyrica. For me pregabalin is mildly addictive. When I go coldturkey I might be missing it for 1-2 week, but if I got my green friend everything is alright :)
Doses over 600mg causes bad things on me these days with no tolerance. I was prescribed 900mg for few years and 600mg for many years. Few things to mention: cognitive problems, I don't remember the term in english but bad muscle twitching that makes me drop stuff I'm carrying, light insomnia and heavy sweating After 48h.

Now to think I was dropping stuff when I had tolerance to it too if the dose was too high.

Doses over 600mg causes bad things on me these days with no tolerance. I was prescribed 900mg for few years and 600mg for many years. Few things to mention: cognitive problems, I don't remember the term in english but bad muscle twitching that makes me drop stuff I'm carrying, light insomnia and heavy sweating After 48h.

Now to think I was dropping stuff when I had tolerance to it too if the dose was too high.
Muscle twitching is a thing for me too but I've never dropped anything because of a twitch. I don't get the same pleasure from it anyway, even if I give tolerance breaks. So this month when I get prescribed again I'm planning on to limit myself for a max dosage of 600-750mgs each time. Weed and pregabalin is the only way that I can de-stress in the environment that I live, if I could provide myself unlimited weed I'd only smoke that, but it's expensive to buy weed and I don't want to hurt myself using lyrica, physically or psychologically. So wish me luck for the next time, I hope I can control my demons.

W
Muscle twitching is a thing for me too but I've never dropped anything because of a twitch. I don't get the same pleasure from it anyway, even if I give tolerance breaks. So this month when I get prescribed again I'm planning on to limit myself for a max dosage of 600-750mgs each time. Weed and pregabalin is the only way that I can de-stress in the environment that I live, if I could provide myself unlimited weed I'd only smoke that, but it's expensive to buy weed and I don't want to hurt myself using lyrica, physically or psychologically. So wish me luck for the next time, I hope I can control my demons.
What do you mean by tolerance breaks? I mean at least two months of no gaba substances preferably more.

If you have tolerance to it you might be surprised how easy it is to drop your dose a bit. I can't use it anymore daily because it dries my mouth, nose and eyes to the point nose and mouth bleeding every morning.

I got almost the same effects from 450mg then 600mg when tapering. Sleep problems started when I got under 300mg and rebound anxiety at 150mg. Still easy.

It would make you feel so much better if you knew you don't need it as much as you think, so give it a thought.

W

What do you mean by tolerance breaks? I mean at least two months of no gaba substances preferably more.

If you have tolerance to it you might be surprised how easy it is to drop your dose a bit. I can't use it anymore daily because it dries my mouth, nose and eyes to the point nose and mouth bleeding every morning.

I got almost the same effects from 450mg then 600mg when tapering. Sleep problems started when I got under 300mg and rebound anxiety at 150mg. Still easy.

It would make you feel so much better if you knew you don't need it as much as you think, so give it a thought.
My tolerance breaks are usually like 4-7 days, but since I don't have any, I don't use it for 15 days today. I've never tried to give a two months break honestly. Also have sleep problems all my life and anxiety about it. I always use the staggering method. This time I'll give it a try. Taper 450mg or 600 at max.

I'm currently kind of disturbed about how much I abuse that substance. I even consider to quit it completely, if I can change the current situation in my life (unemployment-quarantine-depression). When you don't have a thing to do, you get bored and want to get high sadly. Thanks for the replies and advice.

Last edited:
My tolerance breaks are usually like 4-7 days, but since I don't have any, I don't use it for 15 days today. I've never tried to give a two months break honestly. Also have sleep problems all my life and anxiety about it. I always use the staggering method. This time I'll give it a try. Taper 450mg or 600 at max.

I'm currently kind of disturbed about how much I abuse that substance. I even consider to quit it completely, if I can change the current situation in my life (unemployment-quarantine-depression). When you don't have a thing to do, you get bored and want to get high sadly. Thanks for the replies and advice.
From my experience it's like alcohol in the sense that one taking big doses once in a while is More harmful to the brains then taking little every day.

If you are only having one week off of it I suspect you might be in wd all that time. After long time use it takes months for autonomous nervous system to get back in order. I mean you might be feeling a lot better if you took that few months break.

I excercise a lot and it has helped a ton with the pain, mind and everything. Luckily we don't have quarantine, at least yet.

Is this like ghb ? I’m from Canada and since not too long ago I’m a heavy ghb user. I take a vial measurement which I THINK is 4ml each time and a bottle of 60ml lasts me 2days now.... for me I find that it has this almost immediate heartbeat raise when I take it that I never thought of taking it before bed and still feel it when u wake up. Also I’m on my first day off a ghb trip That lasted a week or so... I am sweating from my fingertips, anxious, sad, moody. All of which I was prepared for but I just wanted some advice on how to first help my body recover from this trip and maybe tips on tapering and use the drug more wisely and gracefully.
thank you I don’t know how to work this website yet
Just saw this post so I’m late to the game but I’m wondering how you are doing. Just wanted to let you know that once you reach the point you’re at there is no graceful return. I have SO BEEN THERE, and if there was a way I would have made it work. There is only dependence on booze and benzos, trips to the ER, car wrecks and near death misses. If you escape what you are describing don’t ever go back. The paranoid fear, shaking and sweating, feeling like your hands aren't yours, the extreme thirst, water retention, jaw tightness, shattering anxiety - It’s not fucking worth it and you will quite literally lose your mind. Get on a benzo TAPER quickly so you can sleep and eat. GHB is not child's play, and after 2 or 3 years you will destroy your life and after 7 (me) you will be desperately trying to piece it back together. One dose now would put me RIGHT back in. GHB is the best, worst drug EVER, and it is the true opposite of grace.

That was the best advice I have ever heard anyone give.
It’s like getting out of the mafia, and it doesn’t matter what drug you’re on. Once you go through the worst part of the wd’s, just stay away.
We all play this game: I have it under control. I’m not going to run out. What day is it? Crap, I’m going to run out! I’ll just taper with what I still have. Well, if I’m going to be in wd tomorrow anyway..... might as well enjoy today right?
Then we go through sometimes horrible withdrawals. And instead of learning from our mistakes, we do it all over again.

Lyrica wd’s are no joke. All of the stuff they prescribe it for (the list is really long). Like depression, anxiety, insomnia, nerve pain(that’s me), etc. It all comes forward with a vengeance when you quit. Benzos can actually kill you with a seizure if you cold turkey them, but Lyrica wds will make you wish you were dead.
I have never taken more than about 300 mg daily, but when I get myself down to 150mg/day, I usually spend a week there. Then cut to 100mg for a week, then drop by 25mg a week at a time until zero. No wd’s.

is snorting Pregabalin worth it? Does it increase the potency or duration?

I've always swallowed Preg capsules
There’s a documentary on YouTube. It’s by “BBC3” called “Drugs maps of Britan: Belfast Buds” That episode follows a man about 25 or 30 years old. He’s on a crap load of prescriptions, but they’re specifically following him for the pregablin. He snorts it every time.
I can’t imagine it’s better snorted. Half gets stuck in the guy’s snot.
Besides, it tastes like powdered dog crap. Snorting it must be pretty awful.
If you really want to f up your life. Try taking a moderate dose for you, like a good maintenance dose but on the upper end of almost enough to catch a buzz. Then get really drunk. The last time I did that I woke up in the kitchen naked and pissing into a cereal bowl with my kids playing video games in the next room. I woke up just in time to see the bowl was about to overflow and barely made it to the sink. I don’t know how I got there, and I couldn’t believe nobody saw me. I can only imagine what would have happened if I dreamed I needed to drive somewhere.

^ yeah this documentary

I don't know what the advantage of snorting is, although the counsellor says the effects come on faster but also last for a shorter time. Anyway, the amount of Pregabalin I take, snorting would be unfeasible... 😵