• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console The Legend of Zelda : breath of the wild

Yes it was a great E3, Nintendo is on their A Game these days. The Zelda trailer looks dope, will definetly be picking that up on release day. And concerning Animal Crossing and Metroid being held back it's for the best. At least Nintendo cares about quality unlike alot of companies.

I'm really looking forward to the A Link from the Past remake also. That's one of the best games from the series and it will be interesting experiencing it under a new lense. Right now I'm playing that Final Fantasy 7 remake so it's pretty apparent im high on Nostalgia these days.

Metroid might tip me over to buying another console. I've played and loved all the previous Metroid series games I could get my hands on.

Any ballpark idea of when it might be released?

Unfortunately WR it's gonna be quite a while.

They announced the game last year, but earlier this year they said they had to scrap everything and start over from scratch.

So it won't be this year or next, for sure.

I love Metroid as well. The have fond memories of the first Metroid Prime for GameCube.

I'm really looking forward to the A Link from the Past remake also. That's one of the best games from the series and it will be interesting experiencing it under a new lense.
I didn't see anything about an A Link to the Past remake. Do you mean the Link's Awakening remake?
They announced the game last year, but earlier this year they said they had to scrap everything and start over from scratch.

So it won't be this year or next, for sure.

I love Metroid as well. The have fond memories of the first Metroid Prime for GameCube.
Yeah, Metroid Prime is one of my very favourite games and the two sequels were good as well. Retro Studios (who made the original trilogy) are working on the new one since Nintendo found that it wasn't going too well with the other studio they had given the project to. If both the new Metroid and the Breath of the Wild sequel end up being released on Switch, I may be tempted to buy one!

Gotta love the Castlevania 8-bit soundtrack.

My favorite game is Orcarina of Time

Been dying to play Breath of the Wild but just cant muster up to spend on the console on the game + I really rather practice guitar or writing or trip during my free time xD But ill play in the future and hope to luv it as much as Orcarina of time.

I didn't see anything about an A Link to the Past remake. Do you mean the Link's Awakening remake?

Yes that's what I meant to say and it does look pretty good. I'd like for them to remake alot of these classic Action RPGs and Turn based ones. I am having so much fun with FF7 right now and alot of people our are have gotten this new console.

Their is a huge market involving remaking games that were monmumentual in peoples childhoods. Playing a ROM is one thing but when they do this visual upgrades and remake the world into an entirely novel experience it's pretty interesting. The original games are classic without doubt but it's also fun to get to see something different in the same vein.

I know the Switch seems like a pricey investment and it is, because its like an addiction. Once you have it you want more and more games. With the ease of downloading them from the ESHOP or Amazon mailing physicals it's something new happening in gaming. I've bought 36 games in the past 6 months I've had it. My girlfriend bugs out sometimes at me but I work my ass off. The money adds up though and I'm really not even sure how much I've spent. I'd say half those games are from the ESHOP tho and less than 30 bucks.

At least I don't blow my money on heroin anymore, running like a wild man through the streets. Smoking weed and playing Nintendo is a much better way for me to spend my time. It's what I'm always pretty much doing when I'm not on Bluelight.

Last edited:
2 or 3 years down the line is cool with me Mal.

I have, in fact, been replaying the NES version lately.

I was also curious because the game I've been working on is a 3rd person Metroid/Vania genre single player on the PC (Steam initially) that I'm about 3/4 of a year into production so I was curious about how much lead time they were ahead, but it turns out I may be slightly ahead. Being a one man indie studio I don't have nearly the resources so it's a labor of love.

I love the genre, but perhaps I should just re-think it. I can re-use most of the tools and a lot of the code so it wouldn't be a total loss of time and effort.

But I digress, back on topic. I will definitely buy the new Metroid when it comes out ;)