• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console The Legend of Zelda : breath of the wild

N9ne

Bluelighter
I've never been a Zelda fan but this game got the highest ratings I ever seen. Gamerankings averages out to 98%.....the switch looks like it could be pretty dope to get...anybody played this shit yet?

Have not played it but the game looks neat. Probably won't play it as I haven't bought a Nintendo system since the 64, but I've become somewhat excited that my nephew might get a Switch- wanting to tell my brother about this game, so maybe I can see it.

Wow..... Thank you for this thread, I had no idea that one, the Nintendo nx was renamed the Switch and released, and two, that there's such an epic Zelda release! I watched the trailer and read some reviews..... I'm definitely going to get one.

I've been a huge Legend of Zelda fan since I was a kid, and have played through all the single-player Zelda games. I was sceptical of Breath of the Wild going in because it had done away with a lot of the Zelda "formula" and had taken on more of the gameplay of Western open-world RPGs. However, it really turned out to be a fantastic game. I'd say I sunk about 150 hours into it, which I've never done with any game before, especially in such a short period of time. Despite not being formulaic "Zelda" it still feels like a Zelda game. It is up there with my favourite games in the franchise, and has encouraged me to go back and replay my other favourites.

I've playing right now actually and it's a beautifully crafted game. The type of fantasy that you find yourself day dreaming about during other aspects of your day to day life. You can sink so much time into this thing and still not be anywhere close to finishing, and its okay. The game looks so gorgeous, I truly love being apart of this world. It's one of the best games ever created, it's why it deserves those ratings. I'm so glad they put this out there for people to enjoy.

If you don't have one, buy a Nintendo Switch and see for yourself :)

the only card nintendo has, zelda has been awesome, ocarina of time, majora's mask, the one where you are on your ship and the whole map is just an ocean...i forgot the name...but when the wii came out with such a bad type of controller, I said fuck it.

There was a normal controller that you plugged into the back of the wiimote. You could also plug GameCube controllers into the console.

So I get to play zelda after all! when i have money :(

I even had zelda on snes but never managed to finish the game...

But get a Switch if your gonna buy a new system, not a Wii. It has all types of great games, Super Mario Odyssey comes to mind as does Super Smash Brothers Ultimate if we are talking 1st party games. And the eShop is simply amazing. I download new stuff from there every week.

I love the game Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon it's a throwback to the classic Castlevania games on the NES. I'd say i have 25 games at the moment and i get one a week usually. Really looking forward to Cuphead coming onto the platform in a few days.

But back to Zelda, its fucking awesome. Sometimes i wake up an hour early on work days so i can get some playtime. The game is so addicting, similar to freebase cocaine....

If you want to play Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess...probably need GameCube and/or wii/wiiU

Well yes of course, but Breath of the Wild is something you wouldn't wanna miss. Well you could get it for the Wii U. But in preparation for the Zelda coming out next id think it best to invest in a switch.

Who knows they may even make ports of those to bring onto this generations system.
They are already doing so with A Link to the Past.

Also with the Final Fantasy games. I'm contemplating downloading VII and IX. Will most definetly be purchasing a physical copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2 remastered.

Mmmm...love RPGs :)

I seem to compare everything to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I’m a vintage gamer at heart and I always tend to go for the oldies. Castlevania Symphony of the Night was an utter masterpiece that no game since has topped IMO. Hell, I’ll even argue all night long that Final Fantasy VI was the greatest in the series. Have you ever tried Shadow of the Colossus or Ico? Those games are ambient masterpieces.

I seem to compare everything to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I'm playing that one right now! After Breath of the Wild so impressed me I decided to go back and re-play what I consider to be the "essential" Zelda games: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.