View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Least Visual Psychedelic

qwe

Bluelight Crew
Are there any psychedelics that have no or almost no visual activity, just the cognitive affects? Or how about viceversa, where there is visual activity with no cognitive affects? just curious

I can't say I've tried a psychedelic with absolutely no visual effects, but many only produce slight visual effects. As far as what I have tried...DiPT, MDEA, MDMA, methylone, and MiPT produce no real visual changes. DPT, iprocin, and 5-MeO-DiPT also produce few visuals, but more than those first mentioned.

As for the other...all the ones I've tried produce definite cognitive changes along with the perceptual changes.

DPT was one of the more visual drugs I've taken, especially at higher doses.... overwhelmingly so.

LSA-containing plants were probably the least visual out of anything I've takenm though they did cause some slight changes to my feild of vision (and CEVs). 5-MeO-DiPT was sorely lacking in visual effects regardless of dosage. It kind of sucks as a drug, though (IMO).

2C-I was also pretty dull visually for me. People seem to report a big variance in effects for this one though. I just felt spaced out, a kind of stoning effect. Some of my friends got similar results, while others had full-blown trips with amazing visuals from it.

For me, AMT produced very little mental effect (relatively), yet had very apparent visuals. I liked it for this reason. I could smoke a lot of good pot on it, and I just felt extrordinarily stoned with all kinds of flowing/fractal/color shifting hallucinations.

ive tried LSA twice, and got no OEV.. but had some CEVs...
i take ayahuasca at least 2 times per month and dont have any strong visuals too... but when i close my eys... everything can happen...

While many friends reported visuals with 2C-I, I personally never experienced any to speak of.

Well, 2C-C is really the only psychedelic I've used that seemed to produce a very significant visual effect without much of the deep psychological effects. It was really unique in that way. As far as psychedelics that aren't visual at all, there are very few for me. Cannabis has even been somewhat intensely visual for me at times, especially with eyes closed. LSA (Morning Glory seeds) have produced some of the most intense visuals I've seen yet, though at other times, it has produced next to no visual effects. Methylone doesn't cause actual visuals, but it always gives me a significant visual "softening," as does MDMA, though with MDMA there is definitely more of a visual effect. 2C-D wasn't very visual for me at 40mgs. There was only one point during my trip where I found it to be visual, and it only lasted for a minute. Most of it was psychological. However, the psychedelic that comes to mind the most when considering a lack of visual effect is 5-MeO-DMT. With 8mgs insufflated and 8-10mgs smoked, I got no visuals/visions, though things did have a very beautiful appearance. There was a visual effect but no true visuals.

mdma isn't much visual at low dose and can have truly psychedelic effects.
cannabis isn't really visual (visuals are uncomon with it) and it's a great psychedelic.
Amanita muscaria isn't much visual neither.
You can also use a visual psychedelik at low dose so it would not produce any visuals.

Last edited:
It really depends on the nature of the trip,itrospective trips tend to produce few visuals
For example,I've taken the same shrooms(dried and ground b+),the same dose(4g) and the same time of night--The first produced very little visuals and massive "headffuck",the 2nd had the "headfuck" too;)but extreme visuals.
Perhaps i'm too busy thinking(riding out the trip??),to notice the visuals.
Consistantly LSA produces virtually no visuals for me,2C-I produces quite a few visuals but they get so boring you(me) tend not to notice unless something spectular happens(WOW,look at the same pattern on the wall again!!)

Funny(not ha-ha)that 2C-I seems to produce/bring out HPPD more than other hallucinogens!?

DiPT definitely does have a distinct tryptamine visual field, but nothing more. It's as much alteration as one with HPPD gets from 500+ mg of caffeine.

As for no cognitive effects and just visuals, anti-c's, especially doxylamine, diphenhydramine and dimenhydrinate fit the bill

pyr0tix said:
DiPT definitely does have a distinct tryptamine visual field, but nothing more

There was also a neat "green strobe-light" effect, as well as very profound closed-eye visions (read: not visuals).

pyr0tix i wouldnt list antihistamines since they aren't psychedelic at all, and they do have cognitive affects because you tend to think the hallucinations are real

the drugs ive tried are: Cannabis (extremely visual and extreme mindfuck after getting HPPD, very trippy before HPPD with less visual activity), LSA (out of around 10 tries from around 6 to 12 grams, i only got one intense trip, at 4 grams, and it gave me HPPD), nitrous oxide (very visual and altered cognition)

For me, AMT produced very little mental effect

I thought that AMT was one of the most beautiful and introspective drugs I've ever encountered. OK it doesn't suddenly drop you into psychedelic freefall, the way some tryptamines and large doses of LSD does, but in terms of aesthetic appreciation of beauty, and the empathic effects that allow you to feel close to the beauty, the only ones that are even in the same league as AMT are mescaline and MDA/MDMA.

They are the only drugs that have ever produce something akin to "a state of grace" in me that was so strong that I cried as I was so connected to the world, other people, and their sense of joy at being alive.

For me, the most "all the sights and sounds of the carnival of the absurd, but without feeling part of it" drug is 2C-I, unless taken at doses I don't feel happy with for health reasons (a one off 25mg IM dose).

2C-T-21 is pretty much free from visual effects, but it doesn't have anything like the weight you'd expect from a psychedelic (more a walk in the sunshine rather than an audience with god!)

As for the most intense visual effects, accompianied with insights into "life, the universe and everything" (thank you Douglas Adams, for the phrase that sums it all up), I feel that the prototype psychedelic (LSD) has yet to be surpassed

what do do you mean "visuals" visuals effects as in "trails" , "kaleidescope", patterns or melting?

well for one, I think datura does not produce such visuals.

hallucinations yes, visuals probally no.

5meo-dmt and LSAs both produced no visuals (in the traditional sense) for me at any time.

Here's all of the psychedelic-y drugs I've tried and a quick note on visual effects for me:

DXM - very hard to describe, but deffinite closed eye visuals / visuals in the dark. Try playing with a flash camera in a pitch black room. Open eye visuals manifest once you move past the 1.5-1.8 gram range (high-very high doses). ALWAYS changes your headspace drastically, even at low doses (300-500 mg). Have done at various doses perhaps 350-400 times.

DPT - from about 12 experiences total, 40-50 mg up the nose produced amazing/beautiful headspaces completely devoid of visual activity, however 100-120 mg in the muscle was intensely visual and disturbingly cognitive (feelings of death, dying, etc.)

Ketamine - 40-100 mg in the nose produced relatively minor headspace changes with no visuals and 40-80 mg in the muscle made me feel like I was on a little bit of DXM and a LOT of heroin with no visual effects. Only tried on 8 occasions.

2-CE - snorted at 2-25 mg produced no serious visual distortions save only a few times at maximum doses, but 4-10 mg to the stomach could completely floor me visually and cognitively (especially with the help of marijuweenie). Experimented with 30ish times.

LSA - only slightly visual with pot, not spectacular but fun for a Saturday afternoon walk in the woods. 20-30 experiences.

Mushrooms - only 4 experiences, never did anything more for me than made me giggle and feel kind of spacey and happy. That is all.

For headspace with no visual, I reccomend ketamine. For visuals with no headspace, you may want to try some kind of consciousness alterer besides drugs, like astral projection (the silly kind).

Tee hee,

Daniel Huth

a great thread!!!!

the most i can add to this thread is that i went thru phases when i would get into visual things...like just a little pot or nitrous would start up great visuals.....i knew i was in for a treat visually what ever substance i used...i think it was tied into lucid dreams too

i know that these phases of increased visual activity still happen even in sobriety....which also makes it difficult for me to judge the visual nature of a drug.....though...i thought that nitrous....combined with pot or psychedelics...maybe because of the degree of control one has over nitrous
is the most reproducible visual substance.....but that could be its ease of use and short effect too

the interesting thing about visuals is that there are 2 distinct types to me.....the psychedelic visuals and the opiate visuals

nitrous gives both types....at least for me
=D =D

the opiate visual can be self induced too........thru pain8) 8)

From what I thought was 5-MeO-AMT, I took an apparently massive dose (in liquid form) and experienced only mild visuals. Mostly, I only had a powerful body load and stimulation not unlike methamphetamine, but wholly unlike MDMA. Everything had a somewhat greenish hue, and lines tended to warble and vibrate. Closed eye visuals were existent, but not overwhelming; this had more to do with a stimulation of imagination more than anything. Still not exactly sure what the hell it was.

fastandbulbous said:
[B but in terms of aesthetic appreciation of beauty, and the empathic effects that allow you to feel close to the beauty, the only ones that are even in the same league as AMT are mescaline and MDA/MDMA.

They are the only drugs that have ever produce something akin to "a state of grace" in me that was so strong that I cried as I was so connected to the world, other people, and their sense of joy at being alive.

[/B]

Every try 2C-T-7? I got a lot of the 'state of grace' and crying at the sheer beauty of it all with 2C-T-7. Only MDMA had emotions that came close to that. Not yet tried mescaline or AMT.

5meo-dmt and LSAs both produced no visuals (in the traditional sense) for me at any time.

I had great visuals from LSA in high dose (10 hbwr seeds for instance)