• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you talk about some of the differences? I'm currently waiting on some malaysian. Are maeng da and ultra enhanced indo worth the extra dough?
Bali is the mellowest of them all, you can sleep great on that stuff.
Maeng Da is the speediest, dont take before bedtime.
AFA quality is concerned, ultra enhanced indo is the best in my opinion. It has a bit of everything.
Malaysian is also good

And I'm talking powder herbs only, not extracts.
I try to stay away from extracts because they give much worse withdrawal symptoms

Seattle_Stranger said it best I think in one of his posts: "Maeng Da costs twice as much as Bali, but it certainly isn't twice as good."

I used to agree with this until I had some REAL maeng da. There's a lot of shitty maeng da, but once you've found quality, fresh MD, you'll understand the hype. I've only known one dealer to carry this, that's why I usually never bother with getting MD it holds nothing I can't get from other strains of kratom

I also wanna add I find Thai kratom the worst out of all the strains.

Or maybe my Thai was just shitty quality, thats also possible

What I doing wrong?

I have tried using Kratom a handful of times and I've never really got anything from it. I would have just shrugged and forgot about it but I'm going to be doing a home cold turkey detox from hydrocodone soon (I won't go into the reasons why here but it's something that has to be done). Anyway, I wanted to use a little Kratom on the worst days to help alleviate the WDs.
So my question is, what have I been doing wrong? I've taken various dosages. I've tried capsules and powdered. All were from a VERY well known vendor but I don't know if the vendor is that great. I've heard people say that this site's Kratom quality has gone downhill and that some of the smaller vendors are better. So, do I need to just take more? How do you guys prefer to take it? I hate the taste so I thought the capsules would be good but they are pricey and weren't that strong. Does the tea taste really bad? What is a good dose for an moderately opiate tolerant person? Is Bali the best for opiate like effects?
Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I don't have time right now to read the entire thread. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Good job on tapering your methadone dose! I was on methadone for 5 years and I tapered myself down from 120 mgs (split dose) to 4 mgs then I jumped off. It was very difficult to say the least. One thing that helped me (I know this is going to sound crazy but it's true), is realizing how much of it was mental. I found out that a "friend" that was staying with me had been stealing and taking half of my dose on the days I had take homes. I had 6 take homes a week so this was pretty much every day. Of course, I was pissed off royally and kicked them out! But the funny thing is, I didn't feel any WDs during that time! I would go down 5 mgs at the clinic and be feeling sick and yet when half my dose was stolen most daily I felt nothing because I didn't know! Once I realized that I could get by on a much lower dose, I felt much more able to deal with tapering. I was able to taper much quicker and confidently. I think being on a split dose helped also.
Anyway, that's my experience. If you'd like to ask any questions or would like to know some home remedies that helped me once I jumped off, feel free to ask. I found that once I got my dose low enough and I was getting WDs daily that I was just prolonging my misery so that's when I quit totally. I wish you the best of luck! PM me if you'd like to chat or anything sweetie!

I've been thoroughly enjoying Kratom the past few months. As others have mentioned, There seems to be an abundant amount of benefits from using kratom. Unlike full agonist opioids, Kratom keeps my digestive system clean and clear, a feeling i haven't experienced in a long time and it feels wonderful to literally not be full of shit 24/7. My cognitive functions remain intact, if not more fluid and precise. It also helped me get off suboxone relatively easy and have found dosing one time a day, about 6 grams in the morning, would get me pleasantly through the day. On one occasion I ran out of kratom for a week and the W/D very mild and negligible compared to other opiates/oids. Anyways, I feel the positives definitely outweigh the negatives and look forward to further experimentation with this wonderful plant.

Ouch!! I decided to go for two three gram parachutes and It went down smoothly, but my stomach feels like it's about to tear into two. If you're one to parachute, I highly advise to keep the chutes below 2g, as it can't be too healthy for the ol' tummy.

I dunno why all you guys complain about the kratom taste. To me it tastes fine, just like green tea

Are Bali and Malaysian similar in potency?

I also don't think the taste is that bad, although I usually make a point of not savoring it. I'm going to try it with honey next time.

Are Bali and Malaysian similar in potency?

I also don't think the taste is that bad, although I usually make a point of not savoring it. I'm going to try it with honey next time.

i tried malay for the first time yesterday and i hated it, everyones different tho. someone before me said they hate thai's, i love them

i have a couple questions. does anyone use the 7-hydroxy mitragynine tincture? what is a good dose (of the extract) for someone who tolerates 3-4 mg of suboxone a day? how do the pills compare to the tincture?

or does most prefer the plant form?

On one occasion I ran out of kratom for a week and the W/D very mild and negligible compared to other opiates/oids
Oh for sure. Only thing I hate is the restless legs (and arms) at night when I try to sleep.

Other then that kratom WD's are a joke

I think Kratom WDs can be pretty miniscule, if you just keep it to Kratom. If one where to maintain on a full agonist like heroin and then switch successfully to kratom with minimal withdrawls, there would still most likely be a painful WD upon CT cessation of the Kratom. I have noticed this several times in the past

i have a couple questions. does anyone use the 7-hydroxy mitragynine tincture? what is a good dose (of the extract) for someone who tolerates 3-4 mg of suboxone a day? how do the pills compare to the tincture?

or does most prefer the plant form?
I dont know how much 7-hydroxy mitragynine tincture you need to WD from subs, and I dont think anyone else on this forum knows either. My advice is just stock up on kratom powder, and manage your WD's from there.

Stay away from extracts though, stick to powder

You will need an expensive amount. Use plain leaf and I would keep the tincture around if you have to go out and leave your house or any other place where you can't easily brew up tea or scarf down the powder, whichever you choose to do

KRATOM IS THE GREATEST GIFT TO MAN KIND!!!!

I honestly feel bad for the people who have no idea this fucking miracle even exists. Ahh i cannot wait until i finally recieve my shipment tommorrow.

i have yet to meet a single person in real life who knows what kratom is, even in many rehab, psychiatric and AA/NA communities

i have yet to meet a single person in real life who knows what kratom is, even in many rehab, psychiatric and AA/NA communities
Lol same here man. The only time the staff at the rehab knew what it was is after they searched someones room they found a spice looking bag of kratom in capsules. The bag was empty. It was captain kratom if i remember. Ive taken that kind and irs pretty good. Usually i'll dump out the kratom on a square of toilet paper and parachute it. It works well for withdraws.
After like two weeks of nenging on the stuff i started to feel wd's so i swapped to h, and now i'm on methadone. I still have about 6 capsules of kratom left and 2 somas. Just incase for some reason i need to detox myself. I know it wouldnt be the best way to dtox but its all i got atm. Its good to know that i have some on the sidr.

Kratom seems to compliment other opiates as well. I took my usual 6-8 g dose, then ingested 25 mg of hydrocodone. I feel absolutely fantastic. It makes my dwindling amount of opiates go a long way.

I can tell you one thing.
DON'T take benadryl to potentiate Kratom.
I was hoping for a peaceful sleep by mixing the two, similar to a normal opiate and benadryl, but instead experienced restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
Other than that Kratom was pretty nice. That was unfortunately the last time I tried it though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.