• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborhoodThreat

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the third version of Other Drugs' Kratom (mitragyna speciosa) Megathread!

This is the thread for collected experiences and discussions related to kratom. This thread should be used to answer any and all questions about the use of kratom as a medicine/ drug.

Kratom Megathread V1
Kratom Megathread V2

Some Links (FYI/Further Reading)

Kratom (mitragyna speciosa) - Wikipedia
Erowid Kratom Vault [Experiences]

Common kratom alkaloids (tags for image size only):
NSFW:

200px-7-Hydroxymitragynine.svg.png

7-hydroxymitragynine/mitragynine hydroxyindolenine

200px-Mitraphylline.svg.png

Mitraphylline

200px-Mitragynine.png

Mitragynine

220px-Corynanthine.png

Corynanthine

Here's the last few posts from v2:

Can anyone tell me what the long term effects of daily Kratom use are? As I plan to switch to it soon. I've heard it damages the liver and darkens the skin. Any truth to this?

I think in most cases it takes years of daily use to cause those effects. Although after 6 months of daily use I have noticed some hot flashes similar to the ones I used to get while on suboxone(which is known be to hard on the liver in some cases) about a half hour after dosing. I've also heard of people with hepatitis complain of frequent hot flashes so there may be some negative effect there. Unless you have a pre-existing condition it should not be a problem as many people take kratom daily with little to no negative side effects

kratom never really did much for me. even if i ate 2 - 2 gram packets of extract it was only like eating a 10 mg perc.

Highly exaggerated IMO

Hey I'm mixing in Kratom with my poppy seed tea and have been noticing something. I have read before that kratom has alkaloids that act as Opiate Antagonist. I noticed if I mixed kratom in the next morning i'm in more withdrawal then I normally would be. My theory is that some of the alkaloids in kratom are helping lower my dependence. Or possibly that the short half life of kratom is leaving my body quickly.

Anyways basically I think it's kind of cool. Because I need to clear my system out anyways. Probably will transition onto Bali for awhile and take a break.

My question is what are the Antagonist in kratom and would taking them reverse the effects of opiates, even the slightest amount.

I am unsure of any specific antagonists but IME experience no, kratom does not lower dependence. My tolerance to oxy/hydrocodone and morphine is the same after months of taking nothing but kratom. That being said going from pods to kratom is a good idea, use the kratom for several weeks until the pods are out of your system.

Anyone complaining that kratom doesn't work MUST be taking a weak strain. Kratom comes in hundreds of different "strengths"....As we speak, I am on UEI (ultra enhanced indo) kratom, and I feel fucking perfect. Less than 72 hours ago I stopped a 3 year 100mg daily oxy habit, and switched to nothing but my kratom and k-pins. In fact I used to mix the kratom, k-pins, and opiates all the time. And STILL it works fine. Granted I'm taking like 4 grams a day which is lot....but still, you get the point....

Here's the thing....a lot of times people hear about the "magical godsend kratom," but don't do their due dilligence and get some shit like Red Thai Vein or regular Maeng Da, and are surprised when it doesn't do anything. That's because many, many, MANY strains of kratom require like 10-15 GRAMS to bring on the effects (and who the fuck wants to eat a peanut butter jar full of horrible tasting leaf powder????)

if you're reading this, and debating the idea of using Kratom to come off opiates, or are simply interested in taking your habit down to a more disciplined level...trust me, it works. The secret is to get the most enhanced type possible....UEI is universally known as the most opiate-like, longest lasting, strongest kratom. At least from my experience that is the case. It also is known to cause tolerance issues much like opiates, which other forms of kratom are not. I have not found this to be the case just yet.

Like I said, I sniffed my last roxy 3 days ago, and literally have not felt a single w/d symptom...actually I think one night I woke up tossing and turning, popped a k-pin and a half a melatonin and I was back to dreamland in less than 10 minutes.

Long story short, GET THE STRONG SHIT.....nuff said

hit me up in pm if you need more info.

godspeed.

EDIT -- it's probably important to note that my little message here is geared toward opiate addicts. If you're just a regular joe and are thinking about taking up a kratom habit, I wouldn't recommend the UEI.....nonetheless, hit me up and I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.

Anyone know about how many mg of mitragynine in an average pack of Captain Kratom gold maeng da (15 grams) ? Although I know it's not the most potent stuff you can get, 6 capsules (approx. 3 grams) will definitely have me feeling some of the opioid- like effects. I'm asking this because I am very curious as to what the dosage in mitragynine is for the high from kratom as opposed to just the weight of ground up leaf.

Also, I know there's no way to know the exact amount but if anyone could like relate how much mitragynine is in a medium grade kratom leaf and guesstimate that's pretty much all I'm asking for. (also I know mitragynine isn't the only alkaloid in kratom responsible for the high but that's one of the main ones so that's what I'm gonna go with)

Anyone know about how many mg of mitragynine in an average pack of Captain Kratom gold maeng da (15 grams) ? Although I know it's not the most potent stuff you can get, 6 capsules (approx. 3 grams) will definitely have me feeling some of the opioid- like effects. I'm asking this because I am very curious as to what the dosage in mitragynine is for the high from kratom as opposed to just the weight of ground up leaf.

Also, I know there's no way to know the exact amount but if anyone could like relate how much mitragynine is in a medium grade kratom leaf and guesstimate that's pretty much all I'm asking for. (also I know mitragynine isn't the only alkaloid in kratom responsible for the high but that's one of the main ones so that's what I'm gonna go with)

Not trying to be an asshole, but don't buy kratom from headshops. They overcharge tremedously and they bring negative attention to this awesome plant. Plus you never know what it is really, some say extracts but they are just plain leaf.

Kratom is very mysterious, what might be extremely strong for one will have another feeling nothing. Time of day, what you ate, current mood, vitamins/ so much other stuff determines what you will feel. One day I might not feel a current batch and the next day the same batch feels awesome. I have never tried captain kratom so I cannot even guess on what is in there. Unless they have a website that tells you exactly the amount no one will ever know.

Not trying to be an asshole, but don't buy kratom from headshops. They overcharge tremedously and they bring negative attention to this awesome plant. Plus you never know what it is really, some say extracts but they are just plain leaf.

Kratom is very mysterious, what might be extremely strong for one will have another feeling nothing. Time of day, what you ate, current mood, vitamins/ so much other stuff determines what you will feel. One day I might not feel a current batch and the next day the same batch feels awesome. I have never tried captain kratom so I cannot even guess on what is in there. Unless they have a website that tells you exactly the amount no one will ever know.

Ya I know, I know it's just veryyyy easy for me to acquire it that way and I have found that each pack of the stuff is relatively equal in quality.
But I guess the more general question I'm trying to ask is how many mg of mitragynine does it take to start feeling high? (In general, obvi it varies person to person)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitragynine is only one of many alkaloids in kratom. From what I understand, most kratom is not standardized to contain a specific amount of active alkaloids. Extracts and enhanced varieties may be more potent, but you usually don't know exactly how much you're getting in each dose (despite some vendors' claims). The amount that causes effects will vary from person to person as well. For me, one gram would be a whopping dose but others routinely consume 6-10 grams in a session, so it really varies a lot.

I agree 100% with the person who said "don't buy branded kratom from headshops". Kratom is so cheap and abundant that there really is no need to.

Kratom is so cheap and abundant that there really is no need to.

Unfortunately, not so much anymore. There has been recently an export ban in Indonesia, which probably 90% of kratom ships out of and prices have already gone way up with all the vendors I know. Still with the price increase, it is cheaper to buy online than headshops.

But, we probably won't see the cheap prices there was just two months ago for years if even ever again just because nobody wants to risk shipping so much and it not getting to its destination. It was never guaranteed to get there and now with this export ban it is even more difficult. It really sucks, but the golden age of kratom being cost efficient is gone I'm afraid. I'm starting to taper because I won't be able to afford it after long.

^^ A friend of a friend of a friend just recently purchased 2oz of Bali and 1oz of Super Indo, as well as 20g of Red Indo. Almost everything from this particular vendor is out of stock and prices are ridiculous. :/

It is a pretty big blow to the whole kratom market, it sucks so bad because this plant has done so much good in my life in the last year and a lot of legit vendors will be having a hard time paying the bills.

I am curious to see how this effects the headshop/brand name kratom companies like captain kratom and whatever. They might raise their prices even more or hopefully it puts them out of business.

Kratom is very mysterious, what might be extremely strong for one will have another feeling nothing. Time of day, what you ate, current mood, vitamins/ so much other stuff determines what you will feel. One day I might not feel a current batch and the next day the same batch feels awesome.

If there is one thing to inform those new to kratom about, I think it's this. Kratom is incredibly temperamental and the effects of a given dose are subject to more variables than any other drug that I have experience with. This remains true even with habitual/daily use. A strange, wonderful plant indeed.

I currently have to inject my belly every day with a blood thinner(broke my foot). Is it dangerous to combine with kratom?

I broached this subject in the last megathread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...)Thread-v2?p=11318034&viewfull=1#post11318034

I'm pretty annoyed with my only substance right now. Every time I get a new batch, it doesn't affect me until I've taken it a few times. So even though I have a lot, I am forced to go into mental withdrawal after I get new stuff because the effects are minimal. It really pisses me off. If I took as much as I've taken today after a few weeks on this batch, I would be high as a kite. Instead I feel nothing but irritability. I love kratom but this reverse tolerance is some bullshit. I would like to just stop but I've been using everyday for a long time so withdrawal is going to be such a bitch, I don't really have the motivation. This sucks. Not looking for sympathy.

That is strange because I started out mixing 7 grams red vein bali mixed in pudding cups 3 times a day. I was trying to kick my methadone 30mg a day. It has been almost two months and I have no complaints. I tapered down to .5 grams and jumped no withdrawal. I believe you must have a strong/high tolerance. I personally will never mess with UEI I will probably still take a dose of kratom once in a while for the ssri effects I get. I also get energy. I have read the less you use the better the buzz?

I don't use too much, when it actually works I only dose once a day. And I haven't had to increase my doses that much. But when it dosen't work I just keep making tea all day until I get some affect leaving me feeling sick, with pinned pupils and deathly pale skin. Still no good mental effects though. In a few days hopefully it will start working again and then everything will be great. Until next time I have to get a new batch. I do want to quit in some ways but before kratom it was weed and I'm not too keen on being a pot head again. Sobriety would be awesome but the truth is, I have never been as happy as I am/was taking kratom every morning. Its a great plant but certain people, like myself, will abuse anything. At least its not a "real" opioid.

Can anyone advise me a good dosage for regular Bali and for Ultra Red Indo?

I don't take kratom daily but for me 1.5 level teaspoons (5 grams?)of plain leaf has me feeling good. When I mix in a strong enhanced leaf I take about half of my usual plain leaf dose and add in about a gram of enhanced.

5g doesn't really do much for me. It usually takes 10-20g for me to feel good, unless it's Thai, which only takes 3-6g.

^Have you tried shopping around for different vendors? If you have only been getting it from one place there is a chance you have weak leaf. I have a decently high tolerance from years of abusing every opiate/oid under the sun and 5gs of good bali has been my go to dose for 6 months now. Also if you're using it to make tea you might want to try a method where you actually consume the plant matter IE toss and wash, caspules, or my favorite: mixed with a bit of OJ in a bottle, shake, and chug. I can not get over how well kratom mixes with OJ. It totally masks the taste and helps it absorb in your stomach so it hits you harder.

Last edited:
^^ A friend of a friend of a friend just recently purchased 2oz of Bali and 1oz of Super Indo, as well as 20g of Red Indo. Almost everything from this particular vendor is out of stock and prices are ridiculous. :/
Thats weird, I can still get all my Indo and Bali for regular prices, and nothing is out of stock

^Hey if you dont mind me asking did you kick the kratom? I remember you asking about PAWS and was wondering how long they lasted for you?

^Hey if you dont mind me asking did you kick the kratom? I remember you asking about PAWS and was wondering how long they lasted for you?
Yup, I kicked everything, the codeine and the kratom. I still get bodyaches from fibromyalgia that I have, so now I just take California Poppy (which doesnt do a whole lot, but at least it helps a bit).

The PAWS I didnt really get, and its been aboot 8 weeks since my last kratom batch. I do miss kratom a bit though, its a wonderful little plant

Thing is, I've bought form this vendor for months and months and the quality has been decreasing and decreasing...I guess I could find a new vendor, but it'd make me sad to leave these guys as they have an easy-to-use website and sell awesome stuff like scales and capsule machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.