• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the long term effects of daily Kratom use are? As I plan to switch to it soon. I've heard it damages the liver and darkens the skin. Any truth to this?

I think in most cases it takes years of daily use to cause those effects. Although after 6 months of daily use I have noticed some hot flashes similar to the ones I used to get while on suboxone(which is known be to hard on the liver in some cases) about a half hour after dosing. I've also heard of people with hepatitis complain of frequent hot flashes so there may be some negative effect there. Unless you have a pre-existing condition it should not be a problem as many people take kratom daily with little to no negative side effects

kratom never really did much for me. even if i ate 2 - 2 gram packets of extract it was only like eating a 10 mg perc.

Hey I'm mixing in Kratom with my poppy seed tea and have been noticing something. I have read before that kratom has alkaloids that act as Opiate Antagonist. I noticed if I mixed kratom in the next morning i'm in more withdrawal then I normally would be. My theory is that some of the alkaloids in kratom are helping lower my dependence. Or possibly that the short half life of kratom is leaving my body quickly.

Anyways basically I think it's kind of cool. Because I need to clear my system out anyways. Probably will transition onto Bali for awhile and take a break.

My question is what are the Antagonist in kratom and would taking them reverse the effects of opiates, even the slightest amount.

I am unsure of any specific antagonists but IME experience no, kratom does not lower dependence. My tolerance to oxy/hydrocodone and morphine is the same after months of taking nothing but kratom. That being said going from pods to kratom is a good idea, use the kratom for several weeks until the pods are out of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.