• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't interested in it for maintenance. I am on my medications for pain, and I take them 99% as prescribed. I've come off of them a few times to see where my pain was and I never had cravings or anything. I don't think I'm an addict. I was more interested in kratom because it's a novelty and I'm interested in the pharmacology.

I have been using Kratom daily for 10 months now, at 4 grams or less taken once in the mornings. I use 600mg chelated magnesium 30 mins before dosing to keep tolerance low.

Kratom is best recreationally every other day at the most, but once each morning works for me medicinally. Just keep it to one fatty dose per day, not two doses.

I started using kratom only on weekends, then started only taking 2-3 day breaks between uses, then 1 day between, then every day, then multiple times a day, then increased dosages multiple times a day, etc..

My tolerance in through the roof and my daily dose of kratom barely dose a thing. It has therapeutic effects, some anxiety relief, even some very small euphoria here and there, but not even close to the completely-blissful day one simple dose of kratom used to give me. If I dose up ~8-10g in the morning, by the time lunch comes around I'm lookin' to re-up. :(

I need to taper down, have been sort of doing so but at a very slow pace. I still use it nearly every day with average of one day break a week. Yes, it's far less addicting and harmful than opiates, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's not addicting at all. Far more addicting than caffeine, or any ethno I've tried. It's more psychologically addicting than pretty much anything I've messed with.

Thanks for the input guys.

Ergic, I for a period of a few weeks was taking about 3-5 grams of kratom every morning upon waking up and didn't seem to notice too much in the way of tolerance, though I wasn't using the chelated magnesium. What exactly is chelated magnesium? What are its other health effects/risks besides apparently acting as a buffer against tolerance? Also, do you ever dose with more than 4g for recreational uses?

Seattle, I have found that if I am not very careful, I too will very quickly begin to allow myself two doses a day, and then larger and larger doses each time before realizing and needing to cut back and reign myself in. I feel very blessed to be able to say I haven't yet found myself truly addicted to a substance, despite having used cigarettes, coffee, alcohol, vicoden/percocet a few times, psychedelics, adderall, and marijuana(though I was probably quite dependant on marijuana), but I do not want to fall into a trap of thinking that Kratom will be the same or less harmful/addicting. You offer useful experience and advice.

I do not need Kratom for medicine, I do not suffer from pain, withdrawals from other opiates, or depression, but it does make me feel good overall in a very general 'quality of life' way, so perhaps I should take it less than every day if I am using it recreationally. If only tolerance did not exist...:p

Does anyone else have any personal experience to add?

i started at once daily around 6 grams.. a year and a half later i take ~15g a day in smaller 3-4g doses (would it be better for less but larger doses? and why?)
im not complaining at all, kratom has made my life a million times better but the longer you take it the more likely your doses will raise.
I can stretch my kratom in-between orders to about 6 grams a day, after i get my shipment i get a better buzz, just taking less helps a lot too.

to answer your Q about different strains: yes and no... it helps in the short term as in you get a better buzz for a few days (or months) of switching around, but long term your building a tolerance to both and when your down to only 1 strain it will be less enjoyable then if you stuck with that strain alone.

Does anyone else have any personal experience to add?

If you find yourself craving more than one dose per day once your morning dose wears off, try some Kava Kava tincture, it's a GABAergic kind of like benzos that goes good in the night time.

Also, daily use will catch up to you, Seattle Stranger (probably the most knowledgeable Kratom-er on BL) reports that 8g of good Kratom =~ 30mg hydrocodone, so 1g Kratom = 3.75mg hydro. Keep in mind you are eating opioids, and take the normal precautions.

And I've gone to 4g mixed with 50mg tramadol and 5mg hydro, but not more. Kratom is simply not that euphoric, it's more of the full package complex high than pure, 2D hedonistic euphoria that opiates provide.

kratom is not an opiod, and is more molecularly similar to tryptamines. also binds to different receptors in the brain. but it does give a similar effect of opiates, ie analgesic, anti diarhea, etc, thats why it is so helpful when trying to quit opiates. i started using bali, 4 grams 3 times a day, to quit a rather high ampount of iv heroin a day. i used the 12 grams of bali for about 6 days, then switched to 1 gram meang da and 2 grams gold reserve 3 times a day for the last 2 weeks. i havent noticed any tolerance thats built up, but as you said its subjective and everyones body will react differently. i will be starting my taper tomorrow morning to get off the kratom. regardless, as someone else said, although not as addictive as opiates, it is still def addictive so my advice is to not use every day. and since the effects only last from 6-12 hours, you shouldnt need more then day or two not using in between to avoid building a tolerance

I've found Kratom is quite the multiple use herb. Along with Kava, I'd consider it a mild enthogen, though IMO Kramtom is more enthogenic.

At 2-3grams it seems to be stimulating as a sexual enhancer and is very enthogenic creating a calm yet heightened "touch" awareness. At 4-5 grams, it feels more like an actual opioid, not only in its euphoric relaxing feeling, but also in terms of its ability to relieve painful sciatica (well at-least in me). That's not to say that at 2grams it doesn't have opioid actions (IMHO it does, just less prevalent). I have also read up that my experience kind of matches its mechanism, which is that it affect alpha adrenergic receptors and delta opioid receptors at lower doses and that it binds more (cross-over effect) to Mu opioid receptors as the dose raises. I haven't tried it over 5grams but it just seems like it would be overpowering for me at higher doses.

Ergic,
I have tried powedered Kava once or twice as a sort of cold brewed tea in milk as per other's recommendations, but found it quite ineffective except for topical numbness on my mouth/lips and a very, very mild feeling of... well, I felt very mildly 'different' but the effects were neither unpleasant nor pleasant. I switched to kratom after Kava because of probation and the longing for a legal 'pick me up', because kava didn't seem to provide much effect, but kratom has proven to feel sedating and euphoric.
Do kava tinctures provide a better effect? If kava tinctures provide stronger benefits as far as euphoria or a high i would consider trying them if they are legal and wouldn't show up on a test.
I haven't tried any benzos that I'm aware of, so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks again for the input guys, this thread is proving interesting and useful.:)

If you find yourself craving more than one dose per day once your morning dose wears off, try some Kava Kava tincture, it's a GABAergic kind of like benzos that goes good in the night time.

Also, daily use will catch up to you, Seattle Stranger (probably the most knowledgeable Kratom-er on BL) reports that 8g of good Kratom =~ 30mg hydrocodone, so 1g Kratom = 3.75mg hydro. Keep in mind you are eating opioids, and take the normal precautions.

And I've gone to 4g mixed with 50mg tramadol and 5mg hydro, but not more. Kratom is simply not that euphoric, it's more of the full package complex high than pure, 2D hedonistic euphoria that opiates provide.

Aww shucks you make me blush... :)

My daily use has definitely caught up with me and I'm in the process of tapering down, but as I said, slowly... However, on the bright side, every now and then when I do take days off, it's not hard at all, I experience little to no physical withdrawal symptoms. At absolute worst I will have some insomnia and restlessness when trying to sleep at night. It's almost 100% psychological, you just craaaaaave that sweet, blissful feeling. There are so much worse things I could have become dependent on, lucky for me I went for something benign like kratom. Even so, kratom has not subtracted any quality from my life thus far, only improved it, even with daily use it still helps.

Again though, I can't stress enough, it's still addicting!! It's addicting because it's effective. I haven't even had prescription pharms like percocet, vicodin, adderall, etc, work as reliably and as harmlessly as kratom. That's what makes it addicting, it's so hard to come up with good reasons NOT to dose up!! :)

@toothpastedog: do you have anymore info on the active alkaloids? Also to your Q, kratom is a cheaper habit for me because i was into OC when the prices started raising but im sure there are opioid's that are cheaper to manage on (H if that counts) but now that ive gotten off of opiates ill never go back. Now i find the buzz off kratom more interesting but defiantly a lot more mild with a ceiling effect, but well worth not living a junky-like life style.

A question to experienced kratom users: I use ~15g of maeng da daily in smaller 3-4g doses, do you think it would be easier to lower my daily dose with like say two 6g doses? Any input would be appreciated.

along with several "bath salts" chemicals and "spice" cannabinoids. my headshop no longer sells spice. some gas stations are selling off their supply illegally.

iirc the number correctly, it's indiana house bill 1192

the law is becoming dangerous and ironically criminal...

I'm sad to hear that Kratom has been made illegal in one of the United States. It wasn't a shock, frankly I was shocked that it wasn't illegal yet when I tried it the first time, but I had hoped it wouldn't undergo the same treatment salvia did. Hopefully other states do not follow this directive.

Canada still hasnt banned salvia yet, and thats after some really bad publicity it got in local media. Lets hope they dont ban kratom either.

Salvia I dont care about though, it has no medicinal value IMO. But kratom does

i know someone has some input for me: fewer larger doses or frequent 4g doses (currently what im doing) for kratom that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.