• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of interesting though, since I came off oxycodone a week and a half or so ago, I've been using 1 tablespoon, 3x per day, and I measured a tablespoon as being approximately 7 grams
7 grams is WAY too much!!

You only need between 2 and 4 grams. My sweet spot is 3 grams

Kratom powder premixed for the day

Really sorry ahead of time if this has been covered--I could not find it, if it has. Would there be any reason not to premix my Kratom powder with orange juice in a bottle so I can drink it later at lunch? Will this change the effects at all? I assume it will not make a difference, but idk...

7 grams is WAY too much!!

You only need between 2 and 4 grams. My sweet spot is 3 grams

Well I was going based off of what they have on erowid for kratom doses, thinking a moderate dose to be best for someone like me with a large opiate tolerance, for it to be effective in combating withdrawals.

Oral Kratom Dosages (dried leaf)
Premium Grade
Threshold 2-4 grams
Light 3-5 grams
Common 4-10 grams
Strong 8-15 grams

But I'm going to start tapering it down, so maybe I'll start going with two level teaspoons, which should be appoximately 4-5 grams, and see how that goes.

Tkarr, if you bought from a reputable vendor, you probably have "super-grade" Kratom, not "premium commercial." So, refer to the super-grade dosage guide:

"Oral Kratom Dosages (dried leaf)
Super Grade
Threshold 1-2 grams
Light 2-4 grams
Common 3-5 grams
Strong 4-8 grams "

Hi atomant, welcome to BL! :D

These kind of Kratom questions belong in Other Drugs, specifically the Kratom MEGA Thread. To answer your question, though, it's totally OK. In fact, orange juice potentiates Kratom as the acids break down the plant matter of the leaf so the alkaloids can be released before ingestion. Also, OJ contains enzyme inhibitors that prolong the high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tested the Green Riau Kratom?

I've tried Red Riau, which is slightly more sedative than the Green-veined variety. I like it! It is more stimulating than Green Malaysian, but less stimulating (and more narcotic) than Red Sumatran. The Green-veined varieties are always more stimulating, and tbh I find Red-veined varieties stimulating enough.

I have never had it last 5-7 hours usually only 2 or 3 for me..

While the opioid effects only last 2-3 hours for me, the rest of the effects last 5-7 hours for me. The 7-OH-Mitragynine is only a piece of the complex Kratom puzzle. ;) It really is a complete high compared to plain old opiates.

Kratom Management

I'd like to hear some stories about the benefits from kratom you guys have found.
I detoxed from 20mg OC (after about a years use, self medicated for depression) and found that kratom will
give me enough euphoria to counteract the depression and also wont leave me down after i use it.
I've been managing on this stuff for about a year and a half and its saved my life, and given me a great
quality of life that i'd never thought id have after my addiction.

Yup, kratom used the way you use it OP is very much like suboxone's little brother. of course, in some ways it is preferable over suboxone because w/d from is isn't as bad, but then again, suboxone should be tapers which makes it kind of a non issue.

anyways, I am glad you've figured out how to maintain OP. the only issues with kratom is quality, ingredients/contaminants, and that's pretty much it. I'd highly suggest you check out some of the more active alkaloids in kratom (5-HO or something, for instance... forget the name atm, sorry). Using them would probably provide more sustainable and a bit safer than straight leaf/powder. but then again, I don't think you've got so much to worry about.

legally speaking, of course kratom is waaaaaaay better than oxy.

although specific questions/answers about the price of drugs is prohibited here, would you say the cost of using kratom in the way you use it to be more on the expensive side, when compared to your past oc habit, or cheaper? no need for specifics, just curious more generally

I tried ordering some kratom extract once. It was five grams and I did half in a drink and then the other half a few hours later. Never noticed anything. I'd be super interested to try it again though. Does it only work for certain people? Did I not use enough? Did I get shitty extract?

you either got a shitty batch or didn't take enough. normally I'll order a high potency, even if a bit more expensive, and eat somewhere between 5 and ten grams. unless you have a real high opioid tolerance, kratom is bomb. a really nice stimulating kind of mild opioid euphoria. given that I like tramadol so much, i would compare the high of a nice kratom dose to be like tramadol x10 (again, this would be w/o an opioid tolerance).

I have a decent tolerance. Equivalent to 120mg of morphine per day. What would you say I'd have to do to get something from kratom? And in what form? I don't like tramadol at all.

I never got anything from this stuff, I'll either feel like complete shit, or I won't feel anything at all..poor liver

If you are used to having 120mg of Morphine per day, the Kratom won't do anything. Sorry.

Ah well, that's my pain medication. It's really 40mg of oxymorphone per day (morphine equivalence is 120mg). It's not all that high for pain management really...

Yeah, its not that much, agreed - but 40mg of Oxymorphone daily for a decent period of time builds your tolerance to the drug obviously, and Oxymorphone is stronger than kratom. You'd need a huge dose for it to do very much imo, but GL, let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
If you are used to having 120mg of Morphine per day, the Kratom won't do anything. Sorry.

This is correct. Again, you should look into some of the active alkaloids of kratom, as they might be able to help you more so than the leaf itself. But, even then, your tolerance to opioids is so high I don't see anything related to kratom helping you out that much. Now, if you weened yourself down/off the oxymorphone (which by the way is an extreme strong opioid), you might be able to utilize kratom for maintenance. However, that will in all likelihood involved a detox, which it doesn't sound like you're up for.

Given you specifics, at least in terms of a maintenance drug, Suboxone, and more likely methadone, will be your only viable options.

Kratom Usage/Tolerance Levels

Hey all I had a question which i wasn't able to find an answer to in my cursory search of the site:

Although it's a subjective thing, I was wondering if some people would be able to help inform me on their experience with Kratom usage and tolerance levels at various dosages per day. For instance, I would like to hear accounts of tolerance levels at usage rates of something like 3g, 5g, 7g, 10g, 15g, or more a day. I have heard some say that it is only possible to avoid tolerance by spacing at least 2-3 days between doses8(, but others have seemed to indicate that they were ok for years taking less than 10g a day, every day=D.

Additionally...

I would like to continue taking approximately 5-10g total of Kratom per day in either one or two doses, and am wondering if anyone has been able to maintain this pace without developing a problematic addiction/dependance/tolerance?:?

I know I sort of answered my own question above but I haven't looked into this in a while and it would be nice for me and others to have this information from as many people as possible, in one place.

Thanks

Oh, and another question related:
Does anyone find that tolerance can be reduced by swapping strains of Kratom each day, in the same way that MJ tolerance can be reduced by swapping strains? Currently switch between more stimulating varieties or more sedating varieties according to mood and need, would this help avoid tolerance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.