• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratom has saved me from WD's many a time. Its taste is the only negative. I would put the powder Krat in "Fill yourself" capsuels. Biggest I could handle. 12 of those twice a day, keep the WD's at bay.

I don't get this. I was so worried when I first got some kratom because every forum post and youtube video makes it out like it's the most horrendous awful poison to choke down! But I don't find it that bad at all. I mean if you make tea it's a little bitter, but put a bit of honey in it and it's just fine, just a little odd flavour, but I could sip on it even. I've been eating it though, just toss and wash so flavour isn't even existent. That seems like way too much work building capsules.

Anyone who has drank cold water extracted opiates knows what real bitterness is lol,

One thing I want to bring up...taking kratom AFTER eating. There are so many different things out there about how kratom's effects are nearly completely diminished if you take it after eating. I do not have this experience. I do, however, have to take more than I usually would but frankly I find the effects of kratom with a relatively full stomach much better than on an empty one.

Anyone else have something to say about this? Absorption or digestion, however kratom is metabolized, is slowed for sure but, as I said, I get a lot of negative effects if I take it without having eaten something beforehand.

I have also noticed that taking Kratom after a meal doesn't really take away from the experience, but it does manage to reduce a lot of the unpleasant side effects. Tea also tends to cut out a lot of the side effects that seem to mostly come from ingesting so much raw plant matter.

i get faster and stronger effects when taken on an empty stomach, but longer effects when taken on top of food - which can be expected.

Kratom for me, has been a life saver. I became an OC addict by trying to battle depression, and found kratom at my local headshop and decided to try it. It helped my depression and didnt leave me depressed after i came down - unlike opiates.

Kratom has been my management medication for a few years now and i love it now more then i did when i started because the side effects are so much less then actual opiates. kratom keeps me happy and off of opiates. thats all i can ask for and it has done it flawlessly!

i get faster and stronger effects when taken on an empty stomach, but longer effects when taken on top of food - which can be expected.

Kratom for me, has been a life saver. I became an OC addict by trying to battle depression, and found kratom at my local headshop and decided to try it. It helped my depression and didnt leave me depressed after i came down - unlike opiates.

Kratom has been my management medication for a few years now and i love it now more then i did when i started because the side effects are so much less then actual opiates. kratom keeps me happy and off of opiates. thats all i can ask for and it has done it flawlessly!
Great to hear. I'm the same.

Just curious though, how do you defeat tolerance??
Do you switch between the different strains, or do you have some other method??

What kind of daily dose are you taking?

I find that Kratom is EXCELLENT for reading. I'll take a couple teaspoons, eat some food to get the particulates out of my mouth (food totally helps the nausea feeling,specially savory crunchy food.) and go read a book. I find it helps me focus and gets me into the happy place where my thoughts flow freely and I can really comprehend what people are writing to a good level. Sometimes A Great Notion, The Illuminatus! trilogy, and several other complex books very enjoyable to read. Without kratom I'll Usually end up getting distracted by unrelated thoughts and realize I read the words but didn't pay attention.

so I guess what I'm saying is Kratom helps me focus amazingly well. Anyone else get that?

I used kratom once, successfully.

It was a high dose, around 20 grams of slow brewed tea. It felt like a mild hydrocodone buzz, as far as its strength anyway. Unfortuneately, it didnt last very long.

Anyway, from jumping off of 0.5mg a day bupe habit for instance, how much would one need to maintain for a month?

It seems two weeks would be too short as both kratom and bupe withdrawal would hit simultaneously, but maybe not.
Just trying to find a good amount for short maintenance / to jump off all opioids, and the best way to do this.

Thanks

It would depend on quality. Get some Bali and/or Indonesian and I would say anywhere from 10 to 20 ounces. Depends on how often you dose. I find that anything above 10 grams doesn't do much more for me. Also invest in a 100 grams of Phenibut, you can find it for really cheap if you spend a few minutes lookin. Phenibut is awesome for coming off bupe and for curbing some of the stressful aspects of kratom. When I drink A LOT of kratom within a day I get a weird anxiety. I don't feel anxious in a horrible way but I'm not very personable and don't want to leave house much. Phenibut will take that away and also combine amazingly with kratom. Take around 1.5 grams of phenibut. Phenibut lasts like 12 hours or so and takes anywhere from an hour to four for some to kick in. About an hour for me, not highly noticable but definitely makes your day go very smoothly.

Will combining lorazepam with kratom be as dangerous as morphine-based opiates and benzos? Currently got a tea brewing of 1 heaping table spoon and 1/2 a teaspoon of malaysian, and thinking about taking 1 mg or so of loraz on top of it. Anyone got any personal stories of kratom with benzos? Significant potentiation or synergy?

When coming from actually O's or pharmas you might wanna check out some enhanced blends, plain leaf with UEI or gold reserve would be best, PM me for quality vendors and blends that will far exceed your expectations!!!

When coming from actually O's or pharmas you might wanna check out some enhanced blends, plain leaf with UEI or gold reserve would be best, PM me for quality vendors and blends that will far exceed your expectations!!!

Extracts for a 0.5mg/day sub habit is overkill, and are even more addictive than most pharms.

Hello :) I'm new on here (been lurking for a while) I have a somewhat high opiate tolerance...I left off about 4 days ago on Opana Er (had a couple week binge :/ about 40 mgs a day insufflated, sometimes up to 60 mg) The past 3 days I've been using subs, about 4-6 mgs a day.. Yesterday I took 2mg in the am and another 2mg around 5pm...I have some Bali X (enhanced blend) capsules and was wondering, from all of your experiences, how long do u think I should wait so that I'm not wasting any kratom? Any advice is appreciated :)

P.S I'm already feeling crappy, but the subs didn't even really reach my tolerance either...I don't think so anyway, they helped tremendously of course!! (I've detoxed cold turkey off Opanas before NOT FUN!!) anyways sorry to get off topic, just trying to give an idea of my tolerance and such..thank you :)

The effects of kratom usually last about five to seven hours. The higher the dose you take, the stronger will be the effects, and the longer they will last.

Does anyone else find that kratom sometimes leaves you feeling kind of dizzy, you can't focus your eyes well, after taking it, and not necessarily a super high dose. I've had experiences where I felt clear and almost like an opiate buzz with the same dose which next time made me feel like my head was spinning and I couldn't even walk comfortably for a little while.

Does anyone else find that kratom sometimes leaves you feeling kind of dizzy, you can't focus your eyes well, after taking it, and not necessarily a super high dose. I've had experiences where I felt clear and almost like an opiate buzz with the same dose which next time made me feel like my head was spinning and I couldn't even walk comfortably for a little while
Yup, thats when you've taken too much. You need to cut your dosage

^Eye wobbles from too much adrenaline release sucks. Is it the same kind of nystagmus from MDMA? Try staying away from wobble-inducing varieties, like Thai and Sumatran. Personally I get it even from low doses (<4g) sometimes, but people say at 7-8g it becomes a really bad problem.

Yup, thats when you've taken too much. You need to cut your dosage

It's kind of interesting though, since I came off oxycodone a week and a half or so ago, I've been using 1 tablespoon, 3x per day, and I measured a tablespoon as being approximately 7 grams. With the same variety of Kratom, the same dosage, I've noticed - opiate like euphoria, major dizziness for about two hours, and mild to little effect beyond making withdrawal lessen. So I guess it really depends on your physical state, what time of day, what you've eaten etc. etc. to determine the effect.

But yeah I was at work on Thursday, and I was getting worried, it wasn't making me sick or anything, I've not noticed any stomach discomfort ever from taking Kratom, and that seems to be one of the main side effects reported - but oh man I was sitting there at about 9:00 and the room was going in circles and I was stumbling around like a drunk when I stood up! I was still clear headed though, I could talk on the phone and do stuff on the computer and not struggle with it. But walking, it was exactly like being drunk I had to hold onto the cubicle wall the one time I got up. I was kind of scared someone would see and think I was coming to work drunk, so I just stayed put in my chair and it luckily faded off after about an hour and a half.

I have about 7 different varities, Borneo Red, Sumatra White and Red, Golden Kalimantan, Green Kalimantan, Bali etc. The most potent ones for me have been the Kalimantan types, it was the green that made me so dizzy. But I've also taken a tablespoon in the evening and felt quite strong euphoria, like that body buzz opiates give you, but not dizzy or foggy.

Does anyone know what kind of stores sell scales that can accurately measure gram differences, because I think I'm about ready to start tapering the kratom off, but it's kind of tough to do just estimating?

Status
Not open for further replies.