• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try yogurt lacaster, I always recommend it to people who complain if the gritty texture and sticking to the mouth stuff. If mixed properly the texture is that of yogurt, slightly more bitter and a tiny bit grainy but it doesn't stick in your mouth or throat at all.

ive tried that, and that was even worse! trying to down a whole cup of yogurt was much worse than doing a short and sweet toss n' wash. i've tried mixing the kratom into salsa, yogurt, smoothies, ice cream, penut butter sandwhiches, ect... but the only combo that actually takes away most of the nasty flavor and texture was adding the kratom to a penut butter and nutelle or jelly sandwhich..

i have gotten used to toss and wash and i have found that toss and wash is reallythe only way to go if i am seeking for the most intense effects. all the other ways seem to fall short in comparison.

i am very new to the whole trying to help myself thing,which is weird because I have always treated my own children as naturally as possible.no antibotics etc.
I just have to say you all have given something I pretty much have been without for 3 years now,HOPE, I have cut back on metadone to 5 mgs for the last week now (thanks ) last night took last 5mgs. I purchased my kratom and a few pods. now im ready to give it a go. have to say the cut back has been pretty rough,sweating aches while trying to sleep. But not too bad i did make dinner and do lauandry still havent washes the dishes yet Do you think it would be safe to take it now so i can finish my chores?

To answer the question above: I use kratom daily and find it every bit as hard to quit as other opiates. The only difference is a shorter duration of withdrawals. The w/d symptoms are the same type and severity for me, but I've never had a big habit compared to some of you. I might go through one-two grams of kratom a day...if that. Same with pills and pods: I never used more than medicinal amounts but always had withdrawals upon quitting.

So I'm physically dependent on kratom like I was with other opiates. There are no cravings if I stop, but the fear of withdrawals keeps me from quitting. I don't doubt it's easier to handle than something like methadone, if only for the shorter duration of withdrawals. But if you've never had a big opiate habit and don't know what to expect, kratom w/d's can be jarring.

Has anybody recently tested black seed oil (nigella sativa) with Kratom, and what where the results?

I just tested Black seed oil (nigella sativa, 1 tbs) and DXM (60mg) 40 mins before Kratom 2g SEM and got a very good effect (i even got blurry vision which has not happened in ages) whereas previously, even last week i couldnt get even the slightest buzz (due to very high tolerance), only negative side effects, out of much stronger extracts then this time.

I have read that black seed oil doesnt work so great with Kratom but this seems to be incorrect? Anybody with experience?

Thanks

Last edited:
Just a heads up to some of you (I apologize if this has been discussed already) but be very careful with this stuff. Kratom is no joke and the withdrawals are second to no other opiate. A family member of mine recently withdrew from a ~6 month Kratom habit and said the withdrawals were comparable to methadone. Granted they were using extracts but the half-life on some of the alkaloids are LONG. Additionally, you are withdrawaling from over 30 different alkaloids ranging from extremely potent opioids to stimulants and SSRIs. In the case of my family member, withdrawal didn't start kicking in until ~24 hours after last dose so they had no idea what they were getting into. They said it took 2 weeks for things to start getting better and the anxiety and depression still hasn't completely gone away (almost two months later).

Just a heads up to some of you (I apologize if this has been discussed already) but be very careful with this stuff. Kratom is no joke and the withdrawals are second to no other opiate. A family member of mine recently withdrew from a ~6 month Kratom habit and said the withdrawals were comparable to methadone. Granted they were using extracts but the half-life on some of the alkaloids are LONG. Additionally, you are withdrawaling from over 30 different alkaloids ranging from extremely potent opioids to stimulants and SSRIs. In the case of my family member, withdrawal didn't start kicking in until ~24 hours after last dose so they had no idea what they were getting into. They said it took 2 weeks for things to start getting better and the anxiety and depression still hasn't completely gone away (almost two months later).

2 week withdrawal is not comparable to methadone at all, IMO. Methadone withdrawal can last up to a month or two.

It's well, well known that extract withdrawals are ridiculous. Plain leaf withdrawals are still pretty bad but nowhere in the same league.

I go through about 40-50 g of Kratom a day, and yes I consider myself an addict, and yes the withdrawals are no joke. For me at least they are equally as severe as say, something like hydrocodone. But the acute withdrawal is mercifully short, at least physically (4-5 days of hell) and then a quick improvement. Mentally though is a bit longer, due to the complex nature of Kratom effects, ie elevation of NE via aa receptor action, etc. There is no compound present with SSRI action to my knowledge. But the withdrawals are indeed like a mix of opioid and antidepressant WD. Tapering would help.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the replies in this thread, but I have read quite a few peoples' experiences, and tried it a few times myself. Yesterday afternoon I received a new batch and tested it out, being modest and having half a teaspoon first, as it was said to be high quality (not sure the variety, though). This went well, was fairly strong and tapered off in a couple hours so I redosed a full teaspoon, leveled off. Was very nice like before, and I dosed again in a couple hours, with another level teaspoon. This is where it came on quite strong, I felt overstimulated and depressed, and in about an hour sick enough to vomit. That got rid of the stimulation and upset feeling, but the nausea returned with some dizziness.
All of that sounds common to me, I just took too much. What I want to ask is, how many people have done this to themselves, and were still dealing with nausea and dizziness almost 20 hours later? Is this common, or might I be sensitive to kratom? I have a bad time with nausea and poppy tea(no opiate tolerance, very occasional), it seems like kratom might not be any better for me.

I haven't read all the replies in this thread, but I have read quite a few peoples' experiences, and tried it a few times myself. Yesterday afternoon I received a new batch and tested it out, being modest and having half a teaspoon first, as it was said to be high quality (not sure the variety, though). This went well, was fairly strong and tapered off in a couple hours so I redosed a full teaspoon, leveled off. Was very nice like before, and I dosed again in a couple hours, with another level teaspoon. This is where it came on quite strong, I felt overstimulated and depressed, and in about an hour sick enough to vomit. That got rid of the stimulation and upset feeling, but the nausea returned with some dizziness.
All of that sounds common to me, I just took too much. What I want to ask is, how many people have done this to themselves, and were still dealing with nausea and dizziness almost 20 hours later? Is this common, or might I be sensitive to kratom? I have a bad time with nausea and poppy tea(no opiate tolerance, very occasional), it seems like kratom might not be any better for me.

You got sick to your stomach because you ate ~7g of unfamiliar plant matter. People have gotten sick off of less and more benign materials. A pharmacological interaction can probably be ruled out considering the short half-life of the mitragyna alkaloids. It might be bad material, too -- it seems through my academic study that there was a native demarcation between edible and inedible grades of kratom. If it's said to be high quality then a teaspoon alone, taken on an empty stomach about 1hr before a meal, should probably do you fine without sickness. If you still feel sick today try to push it through your body with a nice meal high in fats.

On another note, this indonesian kratom export ban is worrying the hell out of me, considering reports say it's going to be for a year. I think it might be time to buy buy buy. The market's about to get saturated with a lot of crap.

I find kratom way too stimulating to have any sort of a positive opiate/downer effect on me. I seem to prefer the 'buzz' (if you can call it that) of taking 10 I think it was 10x capsules, as opposed to 15 - 20. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, but for me the opiate-like effect seems to have a ceiling-limit, and in a methadone addict such as myself, I could not really feel/appreciate the downer effect, and increasing the dosage mad for overstimulation and naseau, as previously stated.

Anyone else feel that way?

On another note, this indonesian kratom export ban is worrying the hell out of me, considering reports say it's going to be for a year. I think it might be time to buy buy buy. The market's about to get saturated with a lot of crap.

Me too. One of the two vendors I use has already raised prices on everything.

Try yogurt lacaster, I always recommend it to people who complain if the gritty texture and sticking to the mouth stuff. If mixed properly the texture is that of yogurt, slightly more bitter and a tiny bit grainy but it doesn't stick in your mouth or throat at all.

Pudding and apllesauce work very well also but I just parchute no taste and no grit. Just like taking a pill.

Anyway I am over three weeks past my last 30mg methadone dose (5yr habbit) because I swithed to kratom. I started at about 7grams a day (three times) and I felt fine except between doses for I tried to strectch. I am down to 3grams 3 times a day. I am real close and I want to know if I continue to taper if I will have very little or no wd if I continue to taper .5grams every three days. this has worked so far but I am just worried I will get stuck at a certain level.

Has anyone been able to taper down to nothing with no pain or weak wd?

Will I have to slow my taper as I get to a lower dose?

Sorry if this has already been posted. It can be moved or deleted. I have read for days and could not find a good taper scedule that worked for anyone else. I also want to say that kratom and many people on here have changed my life for the better! I have been in a bad place for a long time and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.<3

Last edited:
^^^ you're successfully using kratom to eliminate methadone withdrawal??!!

Wow, thats amazing. I didnt know kratom was strong enough to do that

The first few times i took kratom (2-4g) i got mad sick and depressed the day after, really really awful. Lasted for solid 20-24hrs.

^^^ you're successfully using kratom to eliminate methadone withdrawal??!!

Wow, thats amazing. I didnt know kratom was strong enough to do that

Yeah I actually was not optimistic going into this. After my first dose I got a stimulating effect while also a calming effect. I know it doesn't make much sense but yes it did work. I just hope I can taper down to zero and if that is even possible. I have had only a couple bad days in this detox/taper. I think I have been very lucky for this to work for me as everyone is different and some have bad experience's. I have actually got a euphoric feeling sometimes eventhough I have continued to taper. I did notice my morning dose is on an empty stomach and it seems to work way better! Kratom gave me energy and a positive attitude that made even the hard times easier to cope with. Yesterday I only had to dose once so I think I am getting very close.:)

i am currently on kratom for metadone withdraws, day 6 no metadone! night time is pretty shitty, the sweating the chills but the daytime is okay, i feel about 80%

i didnt know what kind of kratom to buy so i got asample pack. i take 3 grams 3 times daily. sometimes it makes me feel alittle jittery,like typing now my hands are shaking. as far as the pain,it's barable.morning sucks until i have my tea, then it takes about 15 minutes to kick in,but it does kick in( thank the universe)!then i cap 6 gel caps, for my 2nd dose at noon. 6 more at dinner. I would be pretty unhappy without it!

I've been wondering about what people think about kratom in terms of its positive effects. I am addicted to kratom and there are negatives. But it seems to me that the personal benefits that kratom has on my outlook just about outweigh the negatives. Feeling comfortable around people and positive in my outlook does not come naturally to me and it never has. A lot of positive things are happening in my life right now, finally enjoy school for the first time, ever. I feel like my life is finally coming together in terms of enjoying normal things like social interaction and general feeling optimistic about my future. I've always had reasons to feel positive about the future but have never appreciated it until now. And I am currently taking kratom 1-2 times daily for the past few months. Been taking kratom overall a year and a half but until recently wasn't taking it everyday. But since I began taking it daily, things have improved. So is it possible that a kratom addiction is not such a bad thing? Or am I deluding myself? If a positive outlook costs my 50 dollars a month then I am happy to continue paying that. I really haven't ever felt so relaxed and positive, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.