• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you use? 15-20g daily powdered leaf. i like to switch strains but i stick to a few of my favorites.
How often? Every day. I usually take 3.5 - 4g doses about 3 hours apart
Do you have a pattern that works better for taking less? Trying to figure this out myself. If i dont dose first thing in the morning helps me conserve.
Do you go through the off-time, feeling not so good between doses? I feel good all the time unless im stretching my bag to last until the mail comes.
Did you come to kratom on its own, or coming off another habit? I had tapered and detoxed off of OC but still occasionally using (it would have escalated into a habit again, i didnt want to stop) i didnt have much of a tolerance if at all.
How long have you been using it? ~2 years, about a year and a half of daily use.
How has your tolerance progressed, if at all? 4g still gets me buzzed, but overall only lasts about 3 hours (1 hour of really good effects). I remember when 2g would keep be buzzed for 2 hours and overall effects lasted ~4-5 hours.

How much do you use? 2g to 7g daily, orally, plain leaf. I find that efficacy depends more on absorption than dose. Duration is dependent on dose, though. A huge dose will last longer than a smaller dose, even if it doesn't seem to get you higher. Funny stuff, dosing-wise.
How often? Unfortunately, every day, usually once or twice at night. I used to dose all day long but it made me feel guilty for some reason.
Do you have a pattern that works better for taking less? Splitting a normal dose, taking half ~30 minutes before dinner and half with dessert. This provides a pattern that's more like taking pharmaceutical opioids, with a quick peak and a nice amount of legs.
Do you go through the off-time, feeling not so good between doses? I've noticed a little depression in between doses, it's more like a feeling of emotional blunting. The time in between doses reminds me a little bit of going without coffee.
Did you come to kratom on its own, or coming off another habit? I got pretty psychologically addicted to pharmaceutical opioids afterer a few years of emergency pain treatment and a chronic pain condition, found that i was starting to binge too much and too often on them, and decided that I was going to find another option that was less addictive. My dream had always been to find a natural opioid with less addictive potential than pharmaceuticals, and I seem to have found it, but I barely use it at doses that high -- it's an efficient stimulant for my ADHD at low doses.
How long have you been using it? I guess about half a year now, on and off. I've been using it regularly for about 2-3 months.
How has your tolerance progressed, if at all? As soon as my consumption jumps above 6g I notice a huge leap in tolerance. I keep my dose low, savor the subtle opioid effects and the relatively strong stimulant effects at low levels, and potentiate with alcohol and marijuana when I like to experience a heavier effect.

Last edited:
thanks for the 2 answers so far Privateer and SC, keep 'em coming everybody, and add questions and answers as you see fit.

SC, what strain/variety do you use or prefer? I've only had green unlabeled and thai. I have some bali on its way too though.

thanks guys. This is helping me understand kratom better...how it works for others.
I think there's a lot of ways to take it, enjoy it, etc.
It's not a pharm with one specific effect.
It's got that stimulant then sedative effect.
I like the answers! wanna understand more.

You guys are rawesome!
pnm

Things I wanna know include:
How much do you use? Around 2 1/2 teaspoons if I'm using borneo red vein, about 1 1/2 if using green malay. So I would guess around 5g and 3 grams respectively.
How often? Every 3 days, I used to use it daily for about 6 months though.
Do you have a pattern that works better for taking less? Switching strains for a week or so helps tolerance a bit.
Do you go through the off-time, feeling not so good between doses? Don't feel as good the day after but its nothing serious, maybe it is like the slightest withdrawal possible or just a slight hangover effect.
Did you come to kratom on its own, or coming off another habit? Just by itself, never used any actual opiates before, decided kratom would be a good choice due to being legal and very cheap and not dangerous.
How long have you been using it? About a year, used it for around 6 months in a row straight, then tapered off it for a month and took a month break from it, for the past 5 months or so have been taking it every 3 days on average but sometimes taking it 2-4 days in a row and other times taking 7-10 day breaks.
How has your tolerance progressed, if at all? At the moment I don't really have any tolerance to it at all, when I was using it daily it took around 3 months to really start to notice the tolerance, and the tolerance didn't get severe until I started taking 2 doses a day instead of the 1 I usually took, when I did that the tolerance went way up after about 2 weeks and thats when I decided to taper off to lower tolerance.

^Good to know. Everyone is different. For me, coming to it from an opiate habit, I've been using 3 times a day...about4g. Today I used it 4 times. When I get my different strain I'm gonna switch to it primarily and then start to taper. This next batch I want to be my last. I have 6 oz on the way, so, I'm hoping that'll be enough to taper easily. Hell, I tapered off a serious poppy pod habit, so I'm hoping this'll be cake compared to that.

My favorite strains are: Maeng Da, Red Borneo, Green Malay, Bali.

Also I really like having 2 strains of kratom at once(1 stimulating, and 1 sedative). Having Green Malay for the morning and Red Borneo for night time to help sleep.

Has anyone ever mixed kratom and iv heroinn? Im wonderingif i could conserve more heroin by taking kratom half an hour before injection

I dont have experience with heroin, but i do with OC. maybe it might be served as a withdrawal aid instead of getting high. If youve got an opiate tolerance kratom wont effect you too much.

I dont have experience with heroin, but i do with OC. maybe it might be served as a withdrawal aid instead of getting high. If youve got an opiate tolerance kratom wont effect you too much.

I have no H experience either, but IME with opiates and from what others have said, using kratom and your opiates together doesn't do much, and sometimes has been reported to lessen what would have been better for each by itself. In short, I agree with silentcowboy.

Nope, kratom and opiates dont really go together.

Kratom and vodka does though

IDK if anybody else has had the same side effect as me, but after 2 years of a OC habit I lost my sex drive. Now, after 2 months of Kratom, I am like a teenager again. Is this a result of stopping OC or from the Kratom? I don't want to offend anybody, so this was as nice as I could put it.

Its from stopping oc i guess, kratom has the effect of killing my sex drive just like opiates so i wouldnt attribute it to increased sexuality

It's the relative change. Dropping from an OC habit that killed your sex drive to kratom is a huge net drop in opiate/opiate-like substance intake. If you take kratom long enough, or take enough of it, it will eventually impact your sex drive too. When I quit pods and went to using kratom for the WDs, my sex drive went through the roof. I was a masturbation machine, having sex at every opportunity too.

Now about a month later, if I take enough kratom, I can't "finish" while feeling the effects of the kratom. However, my sex drive returns faster after a kratom dose, much faster, thant it ever did after a pod dose. But pods have a long effect.

Make sense? I hope? :)

podsnomo

IDK if anybody else has had the same side effect as me, but after 2 years of a OC habit I lost my sex drive. Now, after 2 months of Kratom, I am like a teenager again. Is this a result of stopping OC or from the Kratom? I don't want to offend anybody, so this was as nice as I could put it.

Everyone been talking about pods here they sound really superior to kratom.. too bad everything ive read about them sounds like theres a good chance that ordering pods could result in chemically treated worthless pods for decoration lol

Pods are different. They're only superior if, for you, they provide the buzz you want. The problem is that the addiction is worse, and the WDs are straight from the 9th circle of hell. I strongly suggest you stay clear, and that if you do use, you keep it to a couple times a month.

That said, sites that sell pounds of pods know what's going on, and in my experience, they've been clean and just plain dried pods.
Right now though, the season is off and there are almost no pods anywhere, so sites claiming to have pods now might well be ripoffs.

Some downsides to pods: expensive, constipation, pain in the ass to prepare (tea or grounds), strong addiction, EXPENSIVE, tough to travel with, market can spike prices without warning, running out is SHITTY

A couple upsides: the buzz lasts and lasts, like 8 hours plus. but there's no rush like with H and pharms. the constipation works itself out over time, and after i'd been on them a while, I was as regular as old faithful.

There's more, but really, they're not worth it.

thus my handle
pods no mo'

Everyone been talking about pods here they sound really superior to kratom.. too bad everything ive read about them sounds like theres a good chance that ordering pods could result in chemically treated worthless pods for decoration lol

Haha podsnomo thats funny didnt realize your user until you mentioned it

Im actually on day 2 off heroin amd on suboxone now, and actually in the room of the suboxone doctor waiting for him now lmao. What a good addict i am posting on bluelight about ways to get high on opiates/opiodes while here ;)

Pods are different. They're only superior if, for you, they provide the buzz you want. The problem is that the addiction is worse, and the WDs are straight from the 9th circle of hell. I strongly suggest you stay clear, and that if you do use, you keep it to a couple times a month.

That said, sites that sell pounds of pods know what's going on, and in my experience, they've been clean and just plain dried pods.
Right now though, the season is off and there are almost no pods anywhere, so sites claiming to have pods now might well be ripoffs.

Some downsides to pods: expensive, constipation, pain in the ass to prepare (tea or grounds), strong addiction, EXPENSIVE, tough to travel with, market can spike prices without warning, running out is SHITTY

A couple upsides: the buzz lasts and lasts, like 8 hours plus. but there's no rush like with H and pharms. the constipation works itself out over time, and after i'd been on them a while, I was as regular as old faithful.

There's more, but really, they're not worth it.

thus my handle
pods no mo'
You forgot to mention you can easily OD if you have a strong batch: http://poppyseedtea.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.