Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Indigenous Australian thread

my views arent null/void/trash.
There just different to yours.

I would preffer not to look at a CURRENT problem with reflection from the past, i would rather look towards a FUTURE solution.

If any view is Null, its one thats using history as a base.

Just close your eyes for three seconds. Leave all your biases behind. Now pretend that you are an Aboriginal person born into a world of fucked upness, instead of a pampered middle class brat.

It's all about empathy.

Mate, i GREW UP in a country town with two parents who would be lucky to have a COMBINED income of $40,000 p.a

Empaty is good for humanity, but it needs to be combined with action, a bleeding heart for a race is not going to solve anything.

lets get back onto topic tho shall we..

Last edited:
Imagine a combined income of less than $20 000. A shitload of siblings. An alcoholic father. A mother who's not quite right because she spent her childhood growing up with a catholic farmer who raped her, because she was torn away from her family by the government, and never saw them again. Imagine your grandmother telling you a story her grandmother told her of your entire tribe being wiped out by white people, babies thrown onto the fire, women tied to trees and raped for days on end before being shot, and men forced to watch.

We're well on topic. You have a childish grasp of the situation.

lostpunk5545 said:
Sorry Swifty, I'll admit that my previous post was coloured by your contributions in the previous thread. Thus it may have been a bit defensive and or cuntish.

That's cool I probably deserved it, I'll be the first to admit I don't hold aboriginal people in the highest regard, but like you've pointed out, and I've slowly come to realise, it's based on my limited experience with them. I don't consider myself racist, I try to address everyone on their merits and make up my mind on someone as I get to know them and what they're about.

The sad truth is that the racial tensions between aboriginal and non aboriginal australia will die hard. For every positive on the white behalf, there will be a 2 fold negative retort on the black behalf

by that I mean

white: Look at the hand outs we give you
Black: look at what your ancestors did to our culture

and so on and so forth...

You listen here lostpunk!

YOU TRY LIVING IN A COUNTRY TOWN. HAVING YOUR GIRL FRIEND RAPED BY A PACK OF ABORIGINALS!!!

There are fucking sob stories all over the world. And im sorry but your fucking bleeding heart bull shit has gotten me a tad irate.

My grasp of the situation is rather well founded, i take in aspects from both sides of the story. You are the one who is BLINDED by the actions of those who have there own minds to make up. Why do some aboriginals in country towns end up having good jobs, good familes while the VAST MAJORITY choose to take drugs, rape, kill, abuse? EVERY HUMAN BEING has there own destiny to create. People pull themselves out of the most amazingly horrid situations.

What do you surgest as an answer to the problem? Hugs and kisses?

[that's not helpful to the discussion]

Last edited by a moderator:
Empathy I think has a lot to do with it. If you can't try to imagine how another person thinks and feels, how their life has been influenced by their experiences, then it is hard to care one way or another what happens to them, whether they exist.

blind_injustice said:
You listen here lostpunk!

YOU TRY LIVING IN A COUNTRY TOWN. HAVING YOUR GIRL FRIEND RAPED BY A PACK OF ABORIGINALS!!!

There are fucking sob stories all over the world. And im sorry but your fucking bleeding heart bull shit has gotten me a tad irate.

My grasp of the situation is rather well founded, i take in aspects from both sides of the story. You are the one who is BLINDED by the actions of those who have there own minds to make up. Why do some aboriginals in country towns end up having good jobs, good familes while the VAST MAJORITY choose to take drugs, rape, kill, abuse? EVERY HUMAN BEING has there own destiny to create. People pull themselves out of the most amazingly horrid situations.

What do you surgest as an answer to the problem? Hugs and kisses?

There's no bleeding heart tirade here. Just a view point based on logic, reasoning, and a willingness to educate myself. My ex-girlfriend was raped by a white guy, my best friend up until that time so your point is pretty invalid there too.

There's cunts of every colour, race, and creed. And there's also quality people too.

If you want to know my opinion try reading the entire thread. That's what it's there for.

I don't truly think there will be a solution in my lifetime. But the solution starts with acknowledgement that our history is a lot darker than what we are taught in High School. Whether or not that entails an apology or not, I don't give a shit. The first step is that people know the truth, how fucked up both sides were and still are.

The second step is to stop thinking of people in terms of what you've heard, or witnessed, and start taking it on a case by case basis, judge people for themselves.

I recently got three stitches in my lip from an Islander, whilst I was peaking, walking in a local park. A park that I've hung out in a thousand times, my park. That doesn't mean I hate Islanders because I've met plenty that are extremely cool people (party and sing like motherfuckers). And even if I had not, why would I not believe that there were decent people amongst them?

There's 6.6 billion people on this planet. You start closing yourself off to entire races and you're making your life a lot less interesting and rich.

Last edited:
lostpunk5545 said:
There's 6.6 billion people on this planet. You start closing yourself off to entire races and you're making your life a lot less interesting and rich.

to be honest. i think my life is a lot more interesting and rich without aborigines

Yeah of course, as long as you can keep banging away at that XBox your life is complete.

I'm by no means saying I'm going to run down to Redfern and say "hi guys, want to be friends?". I value my teeth as much as the next bloke.

But why treat anyone different from anyone else until you've had a chance to chat?

the law of averages dictates my attitude towards aboriginals.

every single aborigine i've met has the intellect of a 12 year old child coupled with a typical gang mentality when it comes to confrontation. i'm not talking about the mixed ones either, i'm talking full blooded aboriginal.

whilst not many people on this forum may say it, i bet you more people agree with my opinion than yours.

Well I've personally met and talked to Aboriginals whom don't fit your description. Therefore I couldn't give a flying fuck about your opinion or anyone else's on this board.

maybe you should, considering you're trying so hard to sway our opinion
even people who can barely spell show how flawed your arguments are
as much as i hate this thread, it's hilarious watching you dig yourself a bigger hole

yeah, i'll go play with my xbox 360 now, considering that's all us middle class whities do

I don't really have much to add at this point, except that I completely agree with lostpunk on this issue, and that I definitely don't have the same opinion as preacha.

I have also met smart and pleasant Aboriginals.

preacha said:
every single aborigine i've met has the intellect of a 12 year old child coupled with a typical gang mentality when it comes to confrontation. i'm not talking about the mixed ones either, i'm talking full blooded aboriginal.
Back in Echuca most of the Aboriginals were like this. Intimidating and uneducated.

Surprise surprise, almost all of the pleasant ones were educated and held jobs within the community. They were respectful to others and we were respectful to them.

lostpunk5545 said:
Yeah of course, as long as you can keep banging away at that XBox your life is complete.

I'm by no means saying I'm going to run down to Redfern and say "hi guys, want to be friends?". I value my teeth as much as the next bloke.

But why treat anyone different from anyone else until you've had a chance to chat?

My experience with aborigines is as follows -

Two very large aboriginal women walking over and telling me to give them the public phone otherwise they will beat me up. I was trying to call my dad to tell him that i am ok as i was in the process of a very long trip to Queensland. I wasn't even there for 2 minutes when they approached me.

A young aboriginal boy spitting and hissing towards me as i crossed the road, and then he sped off on his bike. (this is when i stopped in a small country town during my drive from Melb to Queensland) and he muttered something under his breath in regards to something white this and that. I would say he was cursing my race.

Aborigianls that lived down the road from me when I was very young in the country, they used their wooden floor as fire wood. Then went off at the real estate agent and land lords for not having more floor aka fire wood supplied.

I don't hate them, but I haven't seen the best side to them. There is good and bad in all races. But these guys seem to think the world constantly owes them something, and that us 'white bastards' have done nothing for them.

They like to play on the fact that some of us white people are 'intimidated' of them. I grew up in a small country town ... i have been around a lot of them. I have experienced this and it's bullshit. I have seen people get ganged bashed by a group of angry drunken aboriginals.

Lostspunk5545, we all have our own views and experiences within this subject. There is nothing wrong with that.

To be honest i don't even think a thread like this should be open.

The situation is pretty fucked

I believe its 100% circumstance which is perpetuated by human nature and not genetics
ie. reversed, anglo-saxon white breads would be the same

Historically has there ever been a resolution?

college_dropout said:
Answer to the problem lies in education.

i believe this is the smartest thing anyone has said in the las few pages of this thread. through education will come the mutual respect that is needed to fix this problem.