Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Hypnotic Crack Pipe

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
I'm creating this thread in light of some observation i've done lately.

Meth addiction (when smoked).

I've noticed most people who are in love with speed, and smoke it, only do it because they love smoking the crackie - as i find is kind of fun.

a friend and i came to a hypothesis that perhaps the watching the smoke barrel in the pipe is kind of hypnotic? rather causing you to want to do it more?

I personally enjoy smoking it to watch the smoke (vapour) barrel round and try to get as bigger hit from the pipe as i can... and i've never met anybody who doesn't seem to just watch the pipe when it's being smoked.

If anyone would like to add to this discussion i would appreciate it... i'm hoping i've hit the hammer on the head for meth addiction (in part - only when it's being smoked).

I know that it would only be a part, but it can play a big bart in psychological addiction as such i belive.

Party Safe
Zaineaol

See for me i think that is exactly what turns me off. I never really got off on smoking shabu coz it was like the peak of the experiance was in the action of smoking it. It was really fun, and yeah the smoke in the pipe is hypnositisng, but 5 mins afterwards, all i wanted to do was do it again... The fun is more in DOING the drug then enjoying the effects. I didnt do it for long before i reverted to eating it. I like it better, smooth up, smooth down and leaves me running around all hyped up enjoying the missions. And less likely to go back for more when its over.

So yeah I spose i agree with you, pipe smoking definately contributes to addiction, but i reckon it takes away a lot of the fun, and turns it into something more serious.

yeah true that, often addiction to a drug is a two part addiction, eg a physiological addiction to the drug, and a psychological addiction/attraction to the ritual of use.

the whole process of popping a few bits of crystal in the bowl, melting them down and seeing that creeping smoke slowly fill the bowl is half the fun of the meth smoking drug experience, and can be the main motivation behind deciding to enjoy a smoke of meth every now and then....!

similarly, an injecting drug user might enjoy the ritual of preparing a rig to deliver their drug of choice so much so that injecting becomes a habit itself, on top of any drug that they may become addicted to. Smoking cigarettes is probably the most common example of psychological addiction to a drug administration process - smokers just love to spark one up when they are used to doing so, and enjoying having that smokey joe between their fingers etc. which is probably why it can be hard for so many smokers to quit with nicotine replacement therapy - while the nicotine cravings may be managed, the desire to put a flame to a freshly packed tobacco stick can still linger.

so yeah, i totally agree, it can play a big part in psychological addiction. new HR strategy - sell inert substances with similar physical properties to certain drugs, that can be used to taper down an administration habit - eg some lumpy crystals of crap to pop in your pipe that let you enjoy the process of melting something down n smoking, without the nasty side effect of getting high!!! :) yeah right... because without the positive reinforcement of the high from the drug, the habit of smoking/injecting etc would lose a huge part of its significance.

Last edited:
Yep for sure. wondering where the nights gone, but no caring because we had tonnes of fun just piping. I never thought of it that way but it definitely was making us want to do it more often and for longer in a session.

havent hit the ice in months though. probably wont now for a long while longer too, but hey.

point being - i definitely agree with you. tops observation. its definitely hypnotic, and trying to get bigger and bigger hits, definitely gets us stuck in a cycle.

peece.

Yeah its a bit of a game nowhere near as fun if you snorted...etc

I try and get a tornado crankin, only happens on occasions but its fun to see.

You're not actually addicted to the crack, just the crack pipe IMO.

I'm going to throw another theory out there and say that the 'enjoying of watching the smoke' is just another way your brain 'tricks' you into deciding you should have 'just a little more' meth.

When I was using it regularly I realised that the reason I would decide to have some meth, when there was no need for me was that my brain actually gave me 'reasons' on why I should just have a tiny bit, or just a little bit more.

I believe meth causes your brain to want it so bad over time that you actually 'trick' yourself into these reasons for using it again and again... Think about it

Great, i'm glad this thread lead to some no-flamed discussion... it is a ritual if you will, and i agree, it's the 'crackie' not the crack (meth in this case) that your addicted to...

Just as a side, has anyone accidentally ever smoked cocaine??? i have - it's a short yet long but funny story. not actual crack, just normal coke... i'm sure you guys can figure out how this happened to me neway

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
I believe meth causes your brain to want it so bad over time that you actually 'trick' yourself into these reasons for using it again and again... Think about it

It's not like meth is evil, just very addictive, but it can be control you to some extent. The worst part about meth is the withdrawl, the worst time when u get tricked into using it. I remember after i stopped the day after i felt like my world was crashing and i started getting depressed and blacking out, i had one thing on my mind to get more cause without it i felt like shit and couldn't live without it.

I remember missing smoking the pipe, holding it, cleaning it... first thing in the morning after waking up, watching the smoke twirl up inside the pipe, and it hits you... like nothing else. It was fun to have a hit every 1/2 hour just to look at the pipe work not really to increase the high, and try to smoke it perfectly without wasting any precious vapour.

In the end to me, smoking has always been my prefered method... its what made it fun and exciting (like smoking a bong), and i don't think i would have done meth for as long as i did if i snorted it.

I've been amazed on more than one occasion by the sacred ritual a group of friends follow in preparation and then use of the crackie.

You mess up the ritual and no one ever looks at you the same again ;)

Smoking methamphetamine is hugely addictive and I have seen in many people the funny little mental games people play when following their routine. What scares me most is seeing how much this drug can take over a person when smoked and even though to an outsider these mental tricks and rituals seem retarded if you get in between a man and his crack pipe you will feel wrath worse than the fires of hell ;)

That said, I've done it and I'll probably do it again =D

Pluck you eyeballs out and see if you enjoy smoking meth then.

twippa said:
The fun is more in DOING the drug then enjoying the effects. I didnt do it for long before i reverted to eating it. I like it better, smooth up, smooth down and leaves me running around all hyped up enjoying the missions. And less likely to go back for more when its over.

I totally agree with you there twippa, the actual CONSUMPTION is whats the most enjoyable timeframe of the experience... not even five minutes after smoking it, "a little bit more" sounds like a damn good idea :p
Not to get "more fucked", but simply to enjoy smoking it some more?

Dissolving the shit up in an allergy inhaler bottle, and "snorting" the solution, is the best method for meth\speed administration IMHO. Portable, not suspicious, you get the instant BOOST of insufflation and it just seems to work so much better than snorting powder!
When you're out somewhere, having your "Beconase" or whatever, is so much easier than trying to find somewhere to cut out lines :D

I've always wondered whether or not that method works armadillio, but never decided to try it. After all, why shouldn't it work, you're just administering the drug up your nose already in solution as opposed to solid, and so the absorption would probably be even quicker. Glad to hear it works for you, and glad that i keep my old drixine metered pump spray bottle handy :D

With smoking of meth; the rapid onset of the effects (and their intensity) combined with the relatively short-lived peak effects (i.e. initial euphoria) make meth a very easily abused drug when smoked.... all the more reason to be overly cautious and conscious of addiction dangers when it comes to smoking meth recreationally, than when using other drugs/routes of administration...

It tastes so nice, too ;)

Nasal inhaler is the shizzle, however :)
(oh meth drip, how I love you)

BTW - you can work out your exact dosage of methamphetamine if you're watching the number of squirts!

(of course, only if you know the purity of your gear...)

interesting... never thought of that, thanks ^^ comes in handy

The ritual is sacred. to the crack heads, definately...

If you fuck up... over burn the solution or whatever, you are scorned, and hell hath no fury like a crack head pissed off!

Last friday, it was all the go with the "just a bit more won't hurt".. i had a half gram... not so long later, we decide to way it... .17!!!! DAMNIT... lol

Shnouzerpuff: Meth is very water soluble, so water would be the way to go. I assume that tap water would be ok, but perhaps something more refined like distilled water might be the go.

Administered nasally, I doubt that untainted tap water would cause any problems, but hopefully others with experience in using dissolved meth nasally can tell us their thoughts/experiences.

I'll have to say that the taste is definitely addictive

also yea sure its cool to watch that vapor twirl around the pipe !

just typing about it now brings back memories and eurges to smoke it once again.. but NO NO NO

PEAK HARD & ROLL ON !

dig this

I have never done any of that stuff, but beleive me, the way it works is that the effect of the drug gets associated with the riual you describe, so the ritual becomes something that can arouse your desire. Ever see a crack pipe or some simlar thing, maybe swirling smoke, and think, fuck, I would liek to smoke meth? Well thats just because you have been conditioned.....here is the funny part, you may have noticed it yourself, but somehow you dont even want the effect (outcome of smoking) sometimes but you get the satisfaction from using the pipe. You HAVE to use it, this is funny because you ask yourself, why do I want it so much if I dont really want the outcome? The conditioning can be so strong that the pipe (or indeed smoke swirling around) elicits the positive emotions leading to an aroused state. Think ablout is like this, say you never injected before, and that was your only option on a particular night, the needle does not arouse you, so you would find it much easier to say no (even if it leads to similar outcomes). Works backward for regular injecters. It is just funny how you still feel so enticed even when you dont want the outcome. That is why people dont ever want to change their ritual, and get so pissed off if someone fucks up, because it distorts their perception of how they want it done, it makes them anxious, and leads to a less mentally aroused (although, an equally psychically aroused) state.

One last word, for those who want to quit, stay away from the paraphinalia, and you will find yourself desiring it less. Dont EVER watch someone else do it.

check yourself, before you wreck yourself :|