• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin The how and why of heroin (video)

It's spot on in nearly every aspect. It doesn't mention the fact that most will wind up having to inject their groin because they have no sufficient veins elsewhere, in order to just feel normal.

oh, and the social stigma attached too is a nightmare in itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, agree. You try to hide it for as long as you can, but then you look in the mirror and see how fucked up you look compared to six months ago and say, "well, fuck it, I'm not even going to bother with the long-sleeved shirt anymore."

And people notice, and whisper, but fuck it, you're high.

This is the realest experience I've read and does heroin addiction justice: https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=72145

I hope outlinking is okay.

wow that was beautiful
the writer was lucky enough to have veins to even hit. imagine that entire struggle but then spend an hour trying to find a vein, with the liquid inside the syringe hardening due to the coagulated blood until the shot is useless. then imagine that having been your last shot, leaving you crying in frustration and shaking in withdrawal.

wow that was beautiful
the writer was lucky enough to have veins to even hit. imagine that entire struggle but then spend an hour trying to find a vein, with the liquid inside the syringe hardening due to the coagulated blood until the shot is useless. then imagine that having been your last shot, leaving you crying in frustration and shaking in withdrawal.

I've seen this many times and felt bad and often sourced methadone for said person. It's probably the best lesson I've ever been taught witnessing someone you love going through this disease. I fucking hate smack or the fact that people don't have unlimited veins:!

Last edited:
It's spot on in nearly every aspect. It doesn't mention the fact that most will wind up having to inject their groin because they have no sufficient veins elsewhere, in order to just feel normal.

oh, and the social stigma attached too is a nightmare in itself.

I agree. Although it passes the message correctly it does not really talk about how sick you get, the sense of agony and sadness of not being able to have it anymore. No veins, yeah. But no really happiness after we feel well for so long either.

We pretend we found our nest of serotonin and endorphin but in reality you have to work extra life to obtain what was for free in your body.

And we do go from different stages of tiredness, sadness, risks of things in our lives that can put us right back on its "fine" opiate feeling. These stages last long. Too long for those who chose methadone or subs.

I wonder how many of us quit but keep thinking that there is a light somewhere if things go really south. We've been in "paradise" and the ticket back to that place is purchasable. Not all of us can do this. Most of us can quit but how many can forever be out?

Is it really possible or it's gonna be one day at the time for the rest of our lives.?

I agree. Although it passes the message correctly it does not really talk about how sick you get, the sense of agony and sadness of not being able to have it anymore. No veins, yeah. But no really happiness after we feel well for so long either.

We pretend we found our nest of serotonin and endorphin but in reality you have to work extra life to obtain what was for free in your body.

And we do go from different stages of tiredness, sadness, risks of things in our lives that can put us right back on its "fine" opiate feeling. These stages last long. Too long for those who chose methadone or subs.

I wonder how many of us quit but keep thinking that there is a light somewhere if things go really south. We've been in "paradise" and the ticket back to that place is purchasable. Not all of us can do this. Most of us can quit but how many can forever be out?

Is it really possible or it's gonna be one day at the time for the rest of our lives.?

one day at a time for a large majority of it at least.

perhaps when youre truly too old to care anymore will it go away. I moved to hawaii and have literally 0 access to H because of which, and that's in some ways taken away a lot of thoughts about it - because it's impossible to obtain. But after about 6 months of living here i purchased poppy seeds to make tea with so i spoze i didnt escape it altogether, even if the tea isnt very potent

I know exactly what you mean. We have also moved to a location of hard access uniquely to try to go through this a 'little' better, but as you say, there will always be something whether in a form of a tea or medication.

Nick S12 E14
Intervention
(His story was the one that made me nauseated. The infections, the risk of going into Mexico, cutting himself with a box cutter to get drugs, the list goes on)

Great video you posted and great post.

Once you destroy the natural dopamine receptors with drugs, I truly believe the light at the end of the tunnel will forever be dim.

Nick S12 E14
Intervention
(His story was the one that made me nauseated. The infections, the risk of going into Mexico, cutting himself with a box cutter to get drugs, the list goes on)

Once you destroy the natural dopamine receptors with drugs, I truly believe the light at the end of the tunnel will forever be dim.

Do you have to be a heavy duty long term user to do this? I feel exactly the way you said in the last sentence and I've only ever used subs and smoked on occasion, tramadol, oxy but never went overboard. My brains fucked up, but I think its due to booze and upper. Depression. I'll never understand opiate addiction fully as I've never been addicted but I definitely relate to the fact that you always have one foot in the water if anything tragic were to happen and that's only a feeling I have developed after snorting 80mg subuxone by "accident" on zero tolerance. It felt The Best.

But I've never got in to it cause of the content mentioned in my first post ^^^^

....although I wish I could cause ive tasted the paradise you speak of.. and if that's me saying that... Hats Off to all those Doing It by choosing Not to use. It's a struggle (alcohols my downfall) but we Can Do It ;)

Last edited:
Nick S12 E14
Intervention

True, that was an accessible way to reach out for lots of people and I believe this video accomplished this without going into details about how worse it gets.

Nick S12 E14
Intervention

wow that was me (and same name) - successful father owns his own business - the literal only difference was that i was in LA not new mexico
god dang that was crazy to watch. thank god i stopped that shit a few years back

i could also tell that kid wont be staying clean at least not this time around. he was pretty clearly not in that much pain and im almost certain he got hit on purpose.

Last edited:
It's spot on in nearly every aspect. It doesn't mention the fact that most will wind up having to inject their groin because they have no sufficient veins elsewhere, in order to just feel normal. .
That's such an over exaggeration it's not funny. Your taking the worst example that's somewhat uncommitted and saying it's a near garunteed result. Some have a problem, admit to it, and deal with it long before they inject. You honestly sound like you fantasize it

That's such an over exaggeration it's not funny. Your taking the worst example that's somewhat uncommitted and saying it's a near garunteed result. Some have a problem, admit to it, and deal with it long before they inject. You honestly sound like you fantasize it

youre right in that saying 'most' is an exaggeration - though certainly more than i'd like to admit do indeed get to that point out of necessity. Youre also right that some do indeed deal with it prior to ever using a needle - and some even smoke for years and years until they die of lung infection.

It's just a matter of time. Have never seen someone smoke that long before getting into the needle business. We see that all the time.
Just like "I'm the weekend type, you see" - no you are not..Same applies for smoking IMO.

This is is what addiction is all about. Denial until the point you're nearly dying.

Smiley, Erik, Kurups, etc ... Cuz I am too lazy to quote, lol.

Yes, I do believe you get perma brain damage from long term drug use. I see a huge difference from year to year with my own brain function.

My toddler son was murdered 2002. You'd think I would have been the biggest heroin junkie, or worst, but I wasn't.

Prior to his death, I dabbled in my youth but when I became a mother, I didn't touch shit for a long time...weed once in a while, or pain pill here or there.

When he died, I was sober 5 yrs, I already had some brain trauma from the trauma to cope, but holy hell, the past yr and a half have been a blur. The 1st time I ever snorted roxi/opana, I found something to numb me.

Heroin...no thanks. I'm no better than they are really, because I use rx meds, yet part of me has had so much mental/physical trauma , and I've not graduated to IV use/poly use yet.

@Taco Dude

Fantasize it? It's hard not to get emotional when you have been massively hurt by it.

Perhaps I could have chosen better words but it does happen at the end of the day.

Maybe I do have a slight incline to fantasize about it because I know I'll never be able to have it again and have admittedly enjoyed its effects in the past. However, I'm lucky to have been taught a lesson and was simply emphasising what CAN happen from personal exp. and empathising with those in that position.

Last edited: