• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Hobbit

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Overall I liked it. I'm not usually one for over-the-top action sequences, but some of those vistas were breathtaking in 3D. Every scene had something to offer. Enjoyable from beginning to end.

I really want to see this movie again. The more I look back on it the more excited I am for the next two films.

I was extremely pessimistic about PJ turning the book into a trilogy, but now I think it's a great idea. As a kid, the Necromancer always intrigued me, but you never hear anything about him besides a brief mention in the beginning and then at the end when Gandalf comes back and says "While you were bumbling around with the dwarves, I was out kicking the Necromancer's ass" and I badly wanted to know more about that part of the story. Hopefully PJ manages to deliver on what has the potential to be an interesting plot point.

I hate 3d. I'm going to see this in 2d.

I do think 48fps is the way of the future though, in spite of me being a huge film buff who is used to 24fps. 3D though is just a BS gimmick that makes the screen dark, makes me were stupid fucking glasses over my regular glasses, and just all around gives me a headache and makes some movies stupid gimmicks.

Like the new spiderman. Did anyone see it in 2d? It was obvious how much they relied on 3d gimmicks if you saw it in 2D.

don't worry, the 3d in hobbit is not obnoxious, and 48fps is really comfortable to watch.

Like the new spiderman. Did anyone see it in 2d? It was obvious how much they relied on 3d gimmicks if you saw it in 2D.

The Amazing Spiderman was an unsalvageable wreck of a film. The Hobbit's 3D really compliments the scenery and gives an added depth to the 48fps experience - I too think 3D is a stupid gimmick, but PJ used it to great effect imo.

Last edited:
just watched a shitty version online, really need to see it in the theater, but overall liked it. Wasn't sure what Jackson was doing making it a trilogy either, but like Mr Grunge said it's cool he's taken stuff learn later in LOTR and the Silmarillion-- like the Necromancer, the meeting of the White Council, Radagast the Brown, the fall of the dwarf kingdom and tragic stories involving Thorin's father and and grandfather-- and put those into the context of The Hobbit.

Disappointed a bit in Radagast's character at times, just too much clowning, and not totally sure how feel about Thorin's portrayal; seems like he should be older/more distracted by his burdens and the truly desperate nature of this quest than quite so hardassed towards Bilbo, liked Thorin but not quite how I ever pictured him, but that's just a minor personal thing. Overall liked The Hobbit quite a bit and think will like it a lot more with another viewing the way it's supposed to be seen on the big screen. Also psyched for the rest of the trilogy, between the Hobbit story itself and the backdrop plot involving the Necromancer and White Council it should be pretty amazing.

ps, don't think there's any real spoilers here but if mods/anyone else thinks so am fine with putting tags on, just let me know

Watched it last night and was pleasantly surprised. Excellent film. Can't wait for the next two.