• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Heroin thread.

this will probs gets closed as you could have easily done a search and found the information you require.

anyhow - don't IV it if you're an amateur at IVing. simple. worst that could go wrong is you could wind up dead - and we certainly don't want that.

it's possible to snort, yes, but from what i understand it's not as effective as smoking it. so by all means i would suggest that you continue as you have been, unless you have the guidance of more experienced users - as IVing really is the kind of practice you need to see being done correctly, instead of looking up a 'how-to' guide and attempting it yourself. at least the way i see it.

Stick to smoking it if you can't boof up, and don't get into that anyway, your life will most likely go down hill if you have no job

Their's some brown H doing the rounds in Brisbane at the moment, not the strongest stuff I don't think as my mate did 2 full weights up his arm but I guess he was pretty stoned and is going on 17yrs of daily use now...

Also in regards to Boku post, just stick to smoking it as you don't want to go down the steels path, you'll get sucked into it's vicious addiction so much worse!

i dont understand how people can be weak and not be able to kick the gear, probably the best thing i've ever done. And i was pretty hardcore with use for a while... the scars on my arms prove that.

now i've got my old friends back, my outgoing attitude has returned and no more withdrawals. glad to be rid of that shite. Summer in w/d was probably the worst 3 months of my life.

honestly if i'm gonna do h though, im gonna whack it, there really isnt an alternative.. since i kicked it i've tried snorting the stuff and its just sub par, woo no rush and an itch....

Mr Ibis,

It takes a lot of strength to kick H, and a lot of support. It also helps a lot to be at a stage where you're happy in your life.

I've managed to kick it, and haven't touched the stuff in over a year (I just stick with pot and pills now), but a lot of people aren't able to, it may be that they're not ready to, or that they aren't in a stage in their life in which they could imagine being able to live without it.

So it's great that you've managed to get clean, but give the people who are still struggling a break.. It's not easy, but life is better without it, and people will realise this in their own time.

i dont understand how people can be weak and not be able to kick the gear, probably the best thing i've ever done. And i was pretty hardcore with use for a while... the scars on my arms prove that.

now i've got my old friends back, my outgoing attitude has returned and no more withdrawals. glad to be rid of that shite. Summer in w/d was probably the worst 3 months of my life.

honestly if i'm gonna do h though, im gonna whack it, there really isnt an alternative.. since i kicked it i've tried snorting the stuff and its just sub par, woo no rush and an itch....

Wow Mr Ibis - you call people that cant break the addiction to heroin weak then go onto say since you have kicked the gear you've still been snorting it. It seems you are deluding yourself. I guess by your standards then that makes you weak too.

I agree and I think it's bad form to say others are weak to be unable to overcome drug x or drug y, everyone fights a different battle. :|

Just on that note, it would appear to me that some people's method of denying and failing to deal with their own shortcomings is to project them onto everyone else.

In such cases it would be best to remember that this type of behaviour really has nothing to do with the rest of us & the capacities of our own inner strength...

The fact that so many people are here, giving their input and bringing their individual knowledge, experiences and advice to the table for the ultimate sake of harm reduction is a magnificent contribution - and one which indicates a lot of personal maturity. After all, who knew that such a large portion of people who are ordinarily looked 'down' upon in mainstream society could, collectively, demonstrate such remarkable levels of willingness - i.e., to partake in a dedicated cause that reflects, more than anything else, a desire to improve the 'bigger picture'. the sorts of users who are busy scrambling for their next hit or plotting their next con job would never have the presence of mind to come here & offer the support & understanding of 99% of the people that post here.

It is unfortunately a very narrow-minded minority who do not see it this way, but rather prefer to try and drag whoever they can down to their level... because for whatever reasons they are unable or unwilling to let go. It takes a very certain strength of character to be able to get off the offensive & appreciate the fact that each of us, as emerging activists, are more or less in the same boat - fighting the good fight, as tiresome as that may sometimes be. There is nothing weak about wanting to help others, by drawing on your past experiences (whether they be positive or negative); personally, had I had access to this kind of indispensable resource a few years back it probably would have saved me a few tricky experiences that I've had to deal with on my own... :\

So in short what I guess I'm saying is don't be dismayed by the thoughtless tendencies of some, you all know how far you've come & to even be here in the first place deserves more credit than one can put into electronic characters on here. =D

Wow Mr Ibis - you call people that cant break the addiction to heroin weak then go onto say since you have kicked the gear you've still been snorting it. It seems you are deluding yourself. I guess by your standards then that makes you weak too.

I've kicked the addiction, doesnt mean i quit drugs all together.. i've broken a chain of daily constant use with no recreational value and found a good medium.

Through everything i tried to stop using - nothing helped, no withdrawal programs, no pep-talks nothing.

Only by using your own methods to stop the addictive behaviours can you break the chains.

I used my own withdrawal techniques of using less often and dealing with the pain through use of small amounts of codeine and ibuprofen frequently til it was over.

It can be done, it just requires a bit of pharm knowledge to be done - the biggest problem most addicts have is not having knowledge or the brains to use websites like this, mims and other resources and general knowledge gained through the years.

I'm not undermining anyone elses struggle - opiate addiction is a strange playing field - one that must be approached to be understood - people on the outside looking in really dont have any idea.

He who is without sin... and so on. If you've never IV'd yourself, don't, odds are you'll fuck it. Just smoke it off foil. So Boku good luck, and you need any help pm me. Stay safe

Another Melbourne on again, off again user.

I can't compare to the days before 01, as I wasn't using during that time. The H around here is white rocks, and usually all it takes is mixing it up with some water until it is clear. If the rock is hard to break down I'll cook it for a a few seconds but usually that isn't necessary.

It has a decent rush and the taste in the back of your throat is nice (if you like that) but unless I spend a lot of money I usually feel somewhat normal after a few hours. In saying that though I do have quite a high tolerance now and it's very hard to nod without spending a lot of money.

Still my drug of choice. I just can't afford to use it how I want to and have other things and people in my life now who I care about more then shooting up.

How hard would it be to stop a Heroin addiction? Say if one were to try it how likely would it wanna make u do it again? Ive had a speed and pill addiction which i broke off after 2 years that i used on a daily basis. It was very hard in the begining but managed to pull it off and now if i do it i dont crave it at all even after a few months.

Its very funny tho, i dont miss the effects that much anymore. I like the feelings it gave me where i met alot of nice people and had all my best memories.

Last edited:
I Injected and smoked heroin a few times trying to find a sweet spot, I did end up nodding but I could nod from a nice juice-nap for a few bucks lol, and wouldnt die

In my experiences, heroin produces no buzz whatsoever. All it ever did was make me feel a) nauseous, b) zonked & c) apathetic. Personally apathy bothers me, so it was never going to be a match made in heaven.

Tried it 3 times in total to make sure my analysis was an informed one... I think it suits people who like to trail off into their own, private oblivion, rather than those who enjoy social interaction on some scale. I can see why you'd want the pain relief aspect, but the rest? just makes you feel seedy.

Made me feel energetic until I smoked the last chunk with weed, then it felt good

thats a little holier than thou shit right there:\ you kicked it but tried it again, i'd call that a relapse. it's a life long battle buddy and you're not where near the end.

reading shit like this pisses me off to no end being a pain patient and having to rely on opiates on a day to day basis just to function and get out of bed.

good on you for overcoming your addiction though

thats a little holier than thou shit right there:\ you kicked it but tried it again, i'd call that a relapse. it's a life long battle buddy and you're not where near the end.

reading shit like this pisses me off to no end being a pain patient and having to rely on opiates on a day to day basis just to function and get out of bed.

good on you for overcoming your addiction though

the fact is in real life it's not black or white/abstinence or hopeless junkie.

there really is such a thing as functional, recreational use. just because a person has in the past has been "addicted" or, more accurately, had a dependence, on heroin it doesn't mean they are engaged in a"life long battle" with the demon drug and if he ever so much as have a small taste once, he's back to being a junkie.

indulging in the drug on an occasional basis when one has in the past had a dependence is not a relapse. if one started using everyday for an extended period of time, that's a relapse.

its exactly that bullshit 12-step mindset of "once an addict always an addict and you better remember it everyday for the rest of your life" that beats people down and makes them less likely to succeed in kicking their habit cos they think they're worthless if they don't stop altogether, so they might as well continue on with their raging habit cos hey, everyone says they're a lost cause.

as bluelight is meant to be harm reduction site, recognising that cutting down and infrequent using can be an important step for many in giving up entirely, if that is what they wish to do, is IMO a much better message to be giving out than "you have a lifelong battle which you must fight everyday and abstinence is the only way you will win"

heroin is such an emotive, stigmatised drug, even amongst other drug users.. but the fact is that 90% (or thereabouts) of heroin users you would never pick on the street, don't have a dependency cos they only use a few times a year, don't lose their jobs, families and homes, don't engage in crime to pay for their drugs, they lead perfectly normal lives, their drug use is trouble free..

its because these people hide the fact that they use so well (and understandably so) and that the media love doing story after story about the 10% who aren't able to use functionally, so that all most people see of heroin users are the lost causes and the lives gone horrible wrong and therefore assume everyone who uses heroin ends up that way.

its just not so.

of course there's such thing as a functional dependent user and a recreational user.

if you've read the many stories all over here about recovering addicts, they say they're in it for a life long battle. that demon is always in the back of their/your head.

the fact that you've been dependent for so many years and got clean and used again certainly is a relapse. what the fuck else would you call it? just an oopsie daisy? theres no difference if you used it once or continued using it for weeks, you reused, you relapsed. all you have to do is accept it and move on. it's part or recovery.

im not preaching no 12step bullshit, though there are some principles in there which i think are and can be used by people and are certainly applied by them. it's a day to day battle. it doesnt matter whether it's a heroin addiction or a meth addiction.

heroin is such an emotive, stigmatised drug, even amongst other drug users.. but the fact is that 90% (or thereabouts) of heroin users you would never pick on the street, don't have a dependency cos they only use a few times a year, don't lose their jobs, families and homes, don't engage in crime to pay for their drugs, they lead perfectly normal lives, their drug use is trouble free..

its because these people hide the fact that they use so well (and understandably so) and that the media love doing story after story about the 10% who aren't able to use functionally, so that all most people see of heroin users are the lost causes and the lives gone horrible wrong and therefore assume everyone who uses heroin ends up that way.

i'll believe that when i see some statistics.

as bluelight is meant to be harm reduction site, recognising that cutting down and infrequent using can be an important step for many in giving up entirely, if that is what they wish to do, is IMO a much better message to be giving out than "you have a lifelong battle which you must fight everyday and abstinence is the only way you will win"

but for so many it is true that it is an every day battle. try reading The Dark Side Heroin Mega thread