Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

The Future of Blockchain

ShaggyFin

Bluelighter
For anyone that needs this completely explained, I am about to completely explain it.
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@marsre...-a-large-scale-project-minting-your-own-money

So, what problem am I Solving here? Why isn't Steemit enough?

Steemit is not an end result, it is an example. And to prove how wrong the implementation was (not detrimental, just impairing), you need look no further than the Namesake. Steemit is meant to be a Copy of Reddit, but with Money being given out for Votes. And that is a great idea, I am not discounting that.

But here is the Problem I am solving. There are already websites where people make Money. People make Money on Youtube, people make money by using their Twitter Followers to advertise for Tide or Iphone, or whatever Snoop Dogg can sell on his feed (nothing against Snoop, and I am not finished explaining yet), and people are on Instagram all day hoping to make a Brand that they can sell, or become a Model; then on Facebook people are using their Pages and Feeds to sell things.

And Youtube, that is the best example of the Problem that needs Solving. YouTube has Adsense which allows you to be paid, directly to a Bank Account. But you have to apply, and give them your Social Security Number, then actually earning money on YouTube is nearly impossible unless you get a sponsor, and join a network of Youtubers who you can have your videos attached to. And it doesn't matter really how many likes you get, or comments, it is all about views. And on top of that, you have to put ads in your videos that have nothing to do with your videos at all, and people don't really watch or click on anyways. Steemit is the example, Youtube is the Problem, are you starting to undersstand the Solution?

Now, further, Forums. Most people don't use forums, but there are examples like the Joe Rogan Forum, where there are MMA people, and DMT people, and Conspiracy Theorists, and random people, all in 1 place. And Joe Rogan has a Podcast, where he has Advertisers who pay him money to sell you things. But you do not make any money off of Joe Rogan. To Joe Rogan you are a product that he can sell to Audible, or Snack Boxes or whatever company he is selling things for that day. But if he created a Blockchain for his Forum, the whole community could be creating wealth for him and themselves. Same for any other Youtuber, or Podcaster, or Blogger or anyone with a Forum.

Then, not just YouTube, a website like BlogTalkRadio could put their website on a Blockchain, and everyone making Podcasts there could earn money straight off the Blockchain.
Once every website that wants to offer you money is on a Blockchain, you will be able to not only be able to Democratically earn money on a Website like Steemit by liking other people's Content and getting likes. But you will Democratically be able to choose which website you want to earn on.
And if anyone is wondering how this all = money. It is through the exchanges. You trade these coins for Bitcoins, then you can cash those out into your Bank, or you can do things like buy Gift Cards on Gyft.

ShaggyFin

Bluelighter
If anyone is reading this but not clicking the link, here is the first part of what is in the link

Run Step by Step Below Commands on VM Instance, Ubuntu 14.4.5 Trusty Tahr, 2 vCPU with 8 or 13 GB Ram:-

Creating Your Own Mining Pool

sudo apt-get install git

sudo apt-get install redis-server

sudo apt-get install libboost1.55-all-dev

sudo apt-get install nodejs-dev

sudo apt-get install nodejs-legacy

sudo apt-get install npm

sudo apt-get install cmake

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

git clone https://github.com/fancoder/cryptonote-universal-pool.git pool

cd pool

npm update

nano config.json

Replace XDN Wallet Address:
ddeTPyKKxV4dSfpnPG9H5HbLXnRmJ2HKvVG3u6zwvJYY1TkSwoVRNJYgUw7wMnJH82FS8noajsHKGiN ABUygXMdm1oKjojAHf

node init.js

ShaggyFin

Bluelighter
January 20th, you can use Temple Coins to buy Marijuana Seeds. Seeds that are unlike any other Marijuana seeds. They are 1/2 Malawi, and 1/2 Dispensary Genetics.

Strawberry Stardawg X Malawi
Strawberry Diesel X Malawi
Hindu Kush X Malawi
Early Durban X Malawi
South African Kwazulu X Malawi
Danky Kong X Malawi
Banana Crack X Malawi

So if you want any of these Strains, you want to get Temple Coins right now.

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Now, further, Forums. Most people don't use forums, but there are examples like the Joe Rogan Forum, where there are MMA people, and DMT people, and Conspiracy Theorists, and random people, all in 1 place. And Joe Rogan has a Podcast, where he has Advertisers who pay him money to sell you things. But you do not make any money off of Joe Rogan. To Joe Rogan you are a product that he can sell to Audible, or Snack Boxes or whatever company he is selling things for that day. But if he created a Blockchain for his Forum, the whole community could be creating wealth for him and themselves. Same for any other Youtuber, or Podcaster, or Blogger or anyone with a Forum.

The difference is Joe Rogan sponsors have something of actual value to sell and Rogan is just part of their efforts to reach their target market. If Rogan got rid of the sponsors and just had a blockchain, where exactly would the value come from? Where would the market liquidity come from to ensure holders of Rogancoin could actually exchange it for goods, or services, or another type of currency that can then be used to those ends?

I'm looking at the "trending" posts on SteemIt now and all this content looks eerily similar to the traderbabble marketing fluff pitchmen were hocking when every random person wanted to get rich quick in FX trading.

Reality check: http://deadcoins.com/

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
There are tons of dead coins and the vast majority that exist and have ever existed, exist(ed) solely for pump and dump schemes. However there are also coins that are using blockchain technology in useful and revolutionary ways. The simplest example I can think of are the privacy coins, of which Monero is the leader. Unlike Bitcoin, these currencies are fully untraceable, you can't trace the transaction back to its source (unlike Bitcoin which is fully traceable all the way back). Besides that, there is one, I forget what it's called, which is attempting to be a decentralized/cheap/unregulated ISP, which is particularly relevant now that the US has repealed net neutrality laws. There is another which has not begun its ICO yet, called DADI (Decentralized Architecture for a Democratic Internet). Its aim is to build a cloud-based architecture to power web services similarly to how Amazon Web Services does, but without being subject to governmental regulation.

There are plenty of other existing products or proposed projects involving blockchain technology too. Bitcoin is archaic, and the potential applications of blockchain go well beyond currency.

EDIT: So, seeing as how I was considering investing in the DADI ICO, I just did some searching relating to updated news about them and it appears they plagiarized the white papers of SONM (another product which is basically trying to do what DADI was claiming but existed first), and falsely claimed their web site is running on their framework. However SONM and others are trying to accomplish the same thing. See, this is why crypto is very risky and you have to really inform yourself and not listen to hype. Nevertheless, my point regarding future applications of blockchain technology stands.

Last edited:

malakaix

Bluelighter
EDIT: So, seeing as how I was considering investing in the DADI ICO, I just did some searching relating to updated news about them and it appears they plagiarized the white papers of SONM (another product which is basically trying to do what DADI was claiming but existed first), and falsely claimed their web site is running on their framework. However SONM and others are trying to accomplish the same thing. See, this is why crypto is very risky and you have to really inform yourself and not listen to hype. Nevertheless, my point regarding future applications of blockchain technology stands.

Yep.

I was looking into them also since the founder of DADI is one of the core members of RaiBlocks which has exploded in value in the last month. However once I saw that plagiarism i took a step back and now I think i'll be holding off. The risky part with ICO's is once it hits the exchange the value can actually drop much more then the initial ICO price if there's been bad publicity or high skepticism.

Hah, of course someone started a coin called CuntCoin re: deadcoins.com

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Haha.

My good friend got in on XRB at $0.11, he has it worth $70,000 now. He was telling me every day to jump on it the whole time but I was like, eh, too much trouble to join a weird exchange. :p