• CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Election 2020 The Final Countdown v. Nov. 3rd

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R, TDS
Staff member
thanks @dalpat077

1. if the claim was "officials have found no evidence of voter fraud or irregularities" i would agree that the claim is incorrect. but it wasn't so it's not. they clearly said "no evidence of significant voter fraud" and that's a pretty accurate statement. words have meaning.

I've yet to see even evidence of fairly insignificant voter fraud.

All I've seen is some minor irregularities the kind of which happen every year.

Also, notice how trump has made several conflicting arguments about what fraud there actually is. He's just trying to throw whatever he can at the wall hoping something will stick.

But that's the big problem he has. He doesn't have to convince conspiracy theorists. He has to convince trained judges. And his bullshit just doesn't fly in that context.

The fact is, no matter how many alt facts you wanna believe. There's just no evidence of anything even remotely approaching the kind of fraud or incompetence that would come even close to trump winning.

He lost.

JessFR

Staff member
The lies are nothing compared to openly trying to steal the election from Biden.

And in that terrifying 1984 style opposite of what it says approach, like the ministry of peace being for war, the ministry of truth for propaganda etc etc.

To protect against fraud he has to decide he win the election on your behalf.

Ministry of electoral integrity Is for rigging elections.

Fortunately this isn't 1984, trumps not a dictator. And now it's likely he never will be.

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
oh sure. i was just pointing out the odd situation where people get madder at the media for reporting something troublesome than the troublesome thing itself...

alasdair

JGrimez

Temporary Ban
It's even more troubling to see so many election fraud deniers who are willing to sacrifice the democratic process to hypocritically push their ideology into power.

Townhall - Why a Pollster Is Saying the 2020 Results Are Ringing 'Eerily True' to What Joesph Stalin Said About Elections
Was this election stolen? Well, millions feel that way. The turnout numbers are odd in some states, like Wisconsin, which hit 89 percent. Now, is that figure impossible? No. Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel did the math, but it’s highly improbable given the turnout rates in the surrounding areas. It would require 900,000 people showing up for same-day registrations.

How curious that, as Baris notes, “Trump won the largest non-white vote share for a Republican presidential candidate in 60 years. Biden under-performed Hillary Clinton in every major metro area around the country, save for Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta and Philadelphia.” <how coincidentally convenient!!!!>

Robert Barnes, the foremost election analyst, observes in these “big cities in swing states run by Democrats…the vote even exceeded the number of registered voters.”
Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until, in the middle of the night, counting was arbitrarily halted. Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’; Trump’s real leads subsequently vanished.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
oh sure. i was just pointing out the odd situation where people get madder at the media for reporting something troublesome than the troublesome thing itself...

alasdair
Not mad (my initial feelings on the topic in my original post may have been an overstatement). It was a third rate heckle attempt by PBS is all.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I've yet to see even evidence of fairly insignificant voter fraud.

All I've seen is some minor irregularities the kind of which happen every year.

Also, notice how trump has made several conflicting arguments about what fraud there actually is. He's just trying to throw whatever he can at the wall hoping something will stick.

But that's the big problem he has. He doesn't have to convince conspiracy theorists. He has to convince trained judges. And his bullshit just doesn't fly in that context.

The fact is, no matter how many alt facts you wanna believe. There's just no evidence of anything even remotely approaching the kind of fraud or incompetence that would come even close to trump winning.

He lost.
Are you getting worried or something? I'm quite calm now about all of this! :)

Parts emboldened:

It's called the shotgun approach. And something will stick with each and every salvo. It may just not result in him remaining President comes January is all. Ironically that's not going to change a thing. If anything: it's going to make things worse (which I know is beyond the comprehension of most on this thread I'm sure). Hard as this may be to even conceptualize: there's more than just a few who are even more patriotic and fanatic than Trump. And they're going to be feeling just a tad disenfranchised not to mention empowered by all of the shenanigans. I keep telling you: he's not stupid.

Something that caught my eye and resounded with me the other day was a post by somebody or the other, on Quora, who has (apparently anyway) met with Trump and "even dined with him" and then went on to list 15 reasons to NOT like Trump (in answer to a question "Why do some people dislike Donald Trump?). And while the person certainly doesn't paint a rosy picture of the man it was her last point that was actually on point:

"15 - He loves the Confederate flag. Both my mother and father’s family homes sat squarely in the path of Sherman’s march across Georgia. But I know what that flag stands for — stoking the fires of racial division and hatred. Even the state of Mississippi has abandoned it. Not Trump, whose family arrived 20 years after the Civil War.

I could go on. But No. 15 is where to focus — it’s the most dangerous and appears to be the only card Trump has left to get re-elected. So far, it’s not working so well."

That was posted in October (for the record). I don't know the man (obviously). But sure does sound kinda "Trumpish" to me. As for her closing statement of "So far, it's not working so well". We shall see I guess. We shall see.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
well, no surprises, but that was a lie.

alasdair
But she promised?

You do of course realize that this is not the first time I've brought this up and the intention is only to get a rise out of some. I just like the way she lies is all! 😇

It's the people that know she's probably economical with the truth (far better choice of words) at times, and that don't give a shit, knowing full well it's just a part of the political theatrics, that are not going to simply disappear off the face of the earth if Trump isn't inaugurated in January.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
I see this thread unusually quiet. Whatever.

Sat on my hands the whole day in a crass attempt to not add fuel to the fire (one way or the other) but I just cannot.

Most here know what the definition of insanity is right?

You gotta love this. Georgia. Anonymous mail in or absentee ballots basically. So I'm guessing at best: the only verification that can be done, if any that is, is to ensure no duplicate ballots (signatures). So we recount all of the same ballots. Again. You people sure do have a lot of faith in the integrity of your fellow Americans and Politicians. Not even prepared to do a sample audit. But Trump has no valid reason for losing his shit or suspecting foul play? EVEN IF it didn't change the results: it's a fundamentally flawed process. No matter who wins: the ballots have spoken. Not the people.

birdup.snaildown

Bluelighter
dalpat077 said:

I was under the impression there was some signature verification process with the initial count. As for subsequent recounts, why are they even happening?

We keep going around in circles with you.

You've yet to explain why you (or the Trump administration) are convinced that widespread fraud took place when there is no evidence of it.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result... Yet I keep responding to you. 😀

JessFR

Staff member
I was under the impression there was some signature verification process with the initial count. As for subsequent recounts, why are they even happening?

We keep going around in circles with you.

You've yet to explain why you (or the Trump administration) are convinced that widespread fraud took place when there is no evidence of it.

Yea I'm pretty sure there was 2 initial signature verifications.

The logic seems to go "the system isn't 100% perfect, therefore we should keep looking until we can 100% rule out any fraud or mistakes anywhere whatsoever".

The fact that it's just not plausible that there's so much fraud as to change the result doesn't matter cause the point is to just keep questioning it until it says what they wanna hear.

It's not gonna matter though. They can keep casing doubt, they can keep pretending the result wasn't what it was. President elect Biden is still the winner.

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
I see this thread unusually quiet. Whatever.

Sat on my hands the whole day in a crass attempt to not add fuel to the fire (one way or the other) but I just cannot.

You gotta love this. Georgia. Anonymous mail in or absentee ballots basically. So I'm guessing at best: the only verification that can be done, if any that is, is to ensure no duplicate ballots (signatures). So we recount all of the same ballots. Again. You people sure do have a lot of faith in the integrity of your fellow Americans and Politicians. Not even prepared to do a sample audit. But Trump has no valid reason for losing his shit or suspecting foul play? EVEN IF it didn't change the results: it's a fundamentally flawed process. No matter who wins: the ballots have spoken. Not the people.

you do know that there are multiple reports now that Trump knows this whole thing is bullshit right? He's doing it to get back at the Democrats for the Russia hoax. It's just a show at this point.

birdup.snaildown

Bluelighter
Something I don't understand, if the signatures were verified initially what is constitutionally preventing verification during the recounts?