• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The espresso making method for PPT

I used to use poppy seed tea a lot with unwashed seeds I used to be able to get. The good ones are very dark and many of them stick together. I separated the seeds from my pods and ended up with like 5 ounces of them or something. Tried to make seed tea like I normally would but the resulting liquid was very light colored and didn't seem to do anything, though I typically would use a lot more seeds than that when I used to make them. But the seeds I got from the pods didn't seem like they were very strong, they were very light colored. You could use them to grow plants but I am not sure if they're the best for making poppy seed tea. I am wondering if the pods need to be scored to get strong seeds or something. I really have no idea though.
I've heard from few ppl that the english seeds are the best ones available because of the amount of rain and that helps to make a lot of seepage from the pods into the seeds. I can understand the logic there and from ppl who are experienced in PST and PPT. I obviously don't know if that is 100% accurate as I have never tried making it!!!!

Back to the coffee machine, it generally comes out looking like black coffee.

I definitely messed up that cup of tea though!!! Stupidly I used a brand new 1 too, with ½ the cup using grapefruit juice there is a huge difference in strength, unfortunately it ends up building up to much pressure.

I'll probably have 1 more before bed but with water only. I think I do tend to overpack the cups. I think this is because I always measure the grams going in 1st. With the cups with my larger ones it can fit 15g, so I'm always determined to fit that all in, thats with the 2 5 cup makers I have. I think I should cut that down to 10-12 grams though
The one I've got arriving tomorrow 😅🤷‍♂️ even addicted to buying the makers lol. That is a 9 cup one, so it must be able to fit a lot more in. There are 12 cup ones as well but with the price, couldn't bring myself to order it..

I like adding a decent amount of lemon juice afterwards and think it helps but could be placebo. Pure grapefruit or pure grapefruit juice definitely makes a large difference, I feel pretty smashed now but have an hour before rather than risking a literal opiate hand grenade lol

I just made myself a 12 gram brew with fresh grounds, after a good 5 hours from the first dose. Not quite as dark but still looked just like black coffee and tasted approximately as bitter. It has a bitter twang right off the bat but the aftertaste is a pleasant earthiness. Hoping this second dose gets me right where I want to be.

Mines all over the place time wise at the minute. I've been drinking then all day I can feel it but nothing like normal, don't know if I've just butchered my tolerance. I haven't had any oramorph today but I'm now on 100g for the day, which is ridiculous. Plus have had diazepam, grapefruit juice even bought only my 2nd ever bottle of DXM and had 40ml, can't remember reasonable dose.
Until recently though I'd have spent about an hour writing this with a lot of impossible to read fk ups. I was consistently on about 25-30g even just over a week ago, once in morning as standard tea and then roughly 60-140mg oramorph. I need a break from pods I think, I feel bit chilled but thats it. I've only been on morphine for 4-5 months and tea or coffee!!! Since 10th September 🤷‍♂️

When you say you get 1 cup out, do you mean ab espresso tiny cup or a proper size cup, cos a proper size cup is usually about 200-250ml?

I just made myself a 12 gram brew with fresh grounds, after a good 5 hours from the first dose. Not quite as dark but still looked just like black coffee and tasted approximately as bitter. It has a bitter twang right off the bat but the aftertaste is a pleasant earthiness. Hoping this second dose gets me right where I want to be.
I know somewhere you said about fineness and I have it blended the same, soon as I open any of the pots you get a mini dust storm

I used to do a mixture of mostly very finely ground pods with some more coarse grinds. I found that if it was all super fine it could clog up or act weird.

25 minutes for it to brew sounds strange.

You know what, in retrospect, I used to put very hot tap water into the bottom. That cuts down on the time.

Man to think the number of times i burned myself opening it up after to run it through again.

I would often times make a batch, then pour the brew back into the base and run it again through the grounds. You really have to watch it though and not overheat it.

😅😅 it's nearly impossible to get the cup out to run the water back through.

I've actually got a tub of small bits that I can't grind anymore, actually it makes sense that that would help as leaves more room for the pressure/water to get through rather than pyre sludge.
Definitely feeling it now, heavily, just sometimes takesmbch233 a while. Hopefully I haven't overdone it. God bless autocorrect

The vast majority of the time was when it was boiling, the steam just had a hard time forcing its way through. I ended up with half or less of the total water in the final brew that time. The next time I brewed fresh grounds I just used less and it took a normal time, so I think I must have accidentally packed it a little. Anyway been high as hell for hours.

😅😅 it's nearly impossible to get the cup out to run the water back through.

It is possible, but its not fun 🥵. Eventually I graduated to using two espresso makers, but still not fun since you still have to figure out how to remove a 200 degree metal funnel filled with pod grounds and put it into the second espresso maker.

It's really kicking my ass today, having shit day so went very experimental. Had 3 makers on go at once all with different batches in, about 20-25g total. Mixed them all together when I did 2nd run. I put that in about 300ml of pure grapefruit juice, added 60ml dxm, 200ml of sprite, lemon juice and sugar. Gave me just over 1000ml. Worked a lot!!!!

On 2ndb one now, bit added less pod (another batch to) plus 40ml dxm, grapefruit juice, sprite, lemon and sugar. Only Bout ½ way through massively fŕķkkkķeeld

I suppose i should mention to be careful with podspresso, it does smack pretty hard and due to the convenience and efficiency can get you into "hot water" rather quickly, addiction wise. I mean I became addicted to it.

Podspresso is like the crack of poppy beverages as it seems to give more of a rush than slow brewed pod tea and poppy seed tea. Plus it tastes kind of good after a while.

I got so high yesterday, it was awesome. Itchy and dreaming/nodding all night once I went to bed. Spent some time nodding while reading before bed, too. Still feel good this morning. I have 2-3 more days of pods left, depending on how high I want to go. Then it has to be time to chill. I wanted a "last hurrah" before tapering off of kratom and leaving it behind. Risky/faulty thinking but not impossible...

I got so high yesterday, it was awesome. Itchy and dreaming/nodding all night once I went to bed. Spent some time nodding while reading before bed, too. Still feel good this morning. I have 2-3 more days of pods left, depending on how high I want to go. Then it has to be time to chill. I wanted a "last hurrah" before tapering off of kratom and leaving it behind. Risky/faulty thinking but not impossible...

How would you compare podspresso to traditional pod tea and seed tea.

Despite me using podspresso daily for about a year it was quite some time ago. I remember it hitting faster but I can't remember the duration. I believe I used to drink it only once a day, a strong double pass, around midday. I believe that covered me for 24 hours if my memory serves me right. This was perhaps a decade ago.

It definitely hits faster and harder. Might also last shorter but not positive, really. I ended up eating some raw grounds for my redose after the first podspresso redose and that was when I got noddy but I'm sure I would have gotten noddy anyway. I do feel like eating raw grounds is guaranteed to get 100% of the dose out, though I will say that after a second wash from the espresso method, the water is basically clear so it must be really efficient in extracting. The espresso method tastes nice, which is a plus. And it doesn't involve eating a bunch of plant matter that can sit heavily in the gut. It's a big improvement on the regular tea method though, without a doubt.

ĺlll think it lasts a lot shorter but yh is like comparing coke and crack, or soap bar and ami.

I'm still battered though, not sure if thats because I went from about 15g from 1 machine to say 25g from 3 running simultaneously or that I mixed dxm and pure grapefruit juice into it. I still have the remainder of 2nd bottle left.

My big one should arrive today. Spent 25 minutes try to roll a cigarette 😅

Boom, good timing new machine arrived, I probably won't get to use til tomorrow though staring at over a pint of poppy pod coffee/grapefruit/dxm lol.

First thing I did though was to see how much larger the grounds filter would hold on a 9 cup machine would hold compared to the 6 man. Came in at 23g, possibly 25 at a slight push, compared to 12'-15g with 6 Cup machine

It definitely hits faster and harder. Might also last shorter but not positive, really. I ended up eating some raw grounds for my redose after the first podspresso redose and that was when I got noddy but I'm sure I would have gotten noddy anyway. I do feel like eating raw grounds is guaranteed to get 100% of the dose out, though I will say that after a second wash from the espresso method, the water is basically clear so it must be really efficient in extracting. The espresso method tastes nice, which is a plus. And it doesn't involve eating a bunch of plant matter that can sit heavily in the gut. It's a big improvement on the regular tea method though, without a doubt.
Do you mean eating the left overs after making the coffee? Not just munching it raw.

With the 2nd extraction it's best not to use fresh water but put the 1st extraction back through.

Having real shit time at minute so my concoctions been pretty mad. I've done the double wash, using 2 makers at once (38g), added into ½ litre of grapefruit, 40ml oramorph in it, 60ml dxm, lemon and sugar.

I might go out and buy another coffee maker, if I can find large one, plus need more citric, dxm and addicted to Reese white chocolate cups too lol

I meant eating them raw, it takes longer to come on but if it's finely ground it's definitely going to extract 100% of the alkaloids out of the powder in your stomach.

I'm going to sound Nat
I meant eating them raw, it takes longer to come on but if it's finely ground it's definitely going to extract 100% of the alkaloids out of the powder in your stomach.
I'm going to sound amateur here but 'it's definitely going to extract 100% of the alkaloids out of the powder in your stomach', is that a good or bad thing

That's a good thing, well unless there are some alkaloids you don't want that don't get extracted via the espresso or tea method. In my experience when I eat the raw grounds, I get very high and I do not get higher from other methods, but it takes a substantially longer time to come on and feels a bit "dirtier" (which I don't mind personally).

Sorry if its been mentioned already, but how would people rate the average strength of Poppy-Pod Tea? Would it be more akin to taking a lot of codeine with not a lot of tolerance to it or more towards morphine?
Somewhere between the two? Its something I've never tried before, Crossed my mind mind you, but I've never gone to the effort of growing them/grinding them up, though I know you can buy them online however I don't know the legality of that in Ireland.

Also, is there an eventual plateau effect to the high?

Last edited: