• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The espresso making method for PPT

Cheers mate thank you, understand diagram just few basics I don't know. Hot water or started from cold? Just water nothing acidic? Do I need to repeat and dry afterwards etc. How much do I put in, if my tea way is 25-30g

Thanks for your help

Just water, temperature doesn't matter.

When you pour in the grounds don't pack them down.

I can't remember how much i used but made it very strong. In fact i used the larger sized stovetop espresso maker since the funnel could hold more.

You can run water through the grounds 2x.

I can't remember how much i used but made it very strong. In fact i used the larger sized stovetop espresso maker since the funnel could hold more.

Brilliant, I ordered a large funnel one last night and also my dad's popped to the shop, asked if I wanted anything and getting the small one.

Actually means I can use one for coffee too 😅. I was sleep walking last night, came downstairs and had arranged a whole loaf of bread around kitchen surface. When I did wake up, coming out of the toilet, I flaked out and cracked my head. I've not been having much oramorph for few weeks, had 100ml/200mg, through the day . Plus had a poppy pod tea about 9pm cheers matey.

Just having 1st one now, unfortunately he got the smallest one lol, got 8g in there, ran water through twice.

So much easier than the palaver of tea brewing. After 1st run it came out pretty much black!!! Not that hopefully for this cup as I'd imagine need much larger.

The one I ordered, for tomorrow 🤞, has 315ml capacity for 6 cups, so there'll definitely be room for lot more pod. I'll probably just start at 15g when that one arrives.

Very optimistic looking at the colour, its not bitter but that's probably because I haven't blasted it with lemon 😅

Just having 1st one now, unfortunately he got the smallest one lol, got 8g in there, ran water through twice.

So much easier than the palaver of tea brewing. After 1st run it came out pretty much black!!! Not that hopefully for this cup as I'd imagine need much larger.

The one I ordered, for tomorrow 🤞, has 315ml capacity for 6 cups, so there'll definitely be room for lot more pod. I'll probably just start at 15g when that one arrives.

Very optimistic looking at the colour, its not bitter but that's probably because I haven't blasted it with lemon 😅
Whow, I put my highest grade pods in, only 8g, till bigger one arrives and felt it instantly.

Thank you ppl, I'll be able to ½ my double daily amount and tons less mess. .Cheers people 👍

Whow, I put my highest grade pods in, only 8g, till bigger one arrives and felt it instantly.

Thank you ppl, I'll be able to ½ my double daily amount and tons less mess. .Cheers people 👍

See the negrogesic espresso pod tea really is quite efficient, the dark brew it makes really smacks 😴!

Its fast too. I found any other method is waste of pods. This espresso pod tea is essentially a high pressure steam extract. After two passes virtually all of the morphine will be in the liquid and out of the pod grounds.

See the negrogesic espresso pod tea really is quite efficient, the dark brew it makes really smacks 😴!

Its fast too. I found any other method is waste of pods. This espresso pod tea is essentially a hilllllll pressure steam extract. After two passes virtually all of the morphine will be in the liquid and out of the pod grounds.
Can't wait to get the bigger 1 arrive tomorrow

Its fast too. I found any other method is waste of pods. This espresso pod tea is essentially a high pressure steam extract. After two passes virtually all of the morphine will be in the liquid and out of the pod grounds.
I've gotta say it's incredible and compared to tea, easily 5x more effective, 10x quicker, even tastes nicer.

Getting the big one through today, only used 8g so far, I'll be careful though when the 6 Cup one arrives. Wish I'd looked into this instantly.

Whoever thought of this deserves a nodwell peace prize

Even tastes nice, I don't really understand why it works so well, obviously down to pressure.

Getting the 6 Cup version today, I'll be sensible though and go up in 2g increments til I find perfect dose but only used 8g and felt stronger than 40g.

Can you use this with seeds too? Just thinking if you can then I'll use it, must have roughly 20lb of seeds and haven't even bothered trying but if it works with seeds and the large 1 can fit enough then I'd be stupid not to use them.

Last edited:
Sorry 1 quick question whilst I'm thinking about it, is it best to heat with very high temp too increase pressure or use lower heat to give it longer?

I'm assuming go high heat to increase pressure rather than slightly lower but worth asking. I'm starting from cold water.

Cheers my friend

I had better luck heating it at moderate temp. Enough flame to extend to edge of the base of the espresso maker. Don't burn it.

Yeah as far as I know I invented the technique. Of course there is about zero chance I am the first person to do it, I had simply never heard about it being done when I first tried it out of curiosity years ago. Given how phenomenally well it worked, I never tried it any other way after that. Any other commonly used brewing technique is just a waste of pods.

Would not attempt it with seeds. My guess is that it would be too oily and thebaine laden. But then again, I've never tried it with seeds so I don't know what the actual outcome is. But I don't think you can fit enough seeds even in the large ones.

The large one just arrived in the post. I'll try it later on. The 1 I got yesterday could fit 8g max, this 1s probably 15-20g.

Best to keep it going until its bone dry of water in the bottom or so that there's still a little bit of liquid left?

So medium heat, now I've got the larger 1 I'm wondering if its worth doing a 2nd wash 🤷‍♂️

Incredibly clean tasting drink, I'm starting it from cold water. Not used lemon at all or using grapefruit juice. Probably best to have grapefruit hour before.

Thank you, so much more effective, cleaner and nicñ e

Last edited:
The big one arrived and holds 15grams which probably ideal, making just over a pint 600ml roughly. 1st wash dark, 2nd wash nearly clear which shows how effective it is. Plus mixed together it's still dark. Just had my 1st 15g one.

Honestly I can't tell you how much easier you've made things. Your a star 🌟, plus can start feeling it after about 5 minutes.

Cheers matey

The seeds are frustrating cos I've bought 30lb of pods, still got about another 10lbs that I haven't separated. With stem less pods it seems to be approximately 35-40% pods, maybe 5% ish in ungrindable hard bits so that leaves say 60% of which will be seeds. Which is what say 18lbs of seeds and I really don't know what to do with them, which seems like an incredible amount of waste.

Regarding seeds whoever I have spoken to have different answers on how to cook, I've had people tell me that the seeds won't do anything, which I don't understand as there are so many articles on using them!!! Or are they referring to me specifically as I have a pretty high tolerance. I've had 4 cups of PPT (50g) through the espresso machine today.

I'm unsure of the legality of selling them, pretty sure I can sell them in England or how much they are worth, I'm sure people are selling on ebay but the 1s I've seen for sale are always 1 specific type. I can't plant them where I live unfortunately.

Any ideas?

I got a stovetop espresso maker to try this out. I was able to fit about 18 grams of ground pods in the funnel, without packing them down. The steam seems to be going through very slowly, lots of steam coming out of the gasket at first. I lowered the temperature and that seems to help. The liquid is coming through very slowly though, far more slowly than with coffee grounds. But I notice that when brewing by simmering in water, the grounds become gummy. I am wondering if I ground them too finely (mostly a fine powder that puffs into the air when I open the bag)? The resulting liquid is very dark, but there seems to be a whole lot of water escaping as steam, and it's been brewing (with liquid still coming out slowly) for like 20, 25 minutes now. Maybe I just need to keep being patient but the coffee I brewed with it only took a few minutes. So I wanted to see if it was normal for it to take so long for pods. Also there is less liquid than I would have expected, though as I said, a lot of steam escaped (there is a constant jet of steam coming out of the pour spout on the top, even when I have my stove turned as low as it will go. But no steam is noticeably escaping from the gasket anymore).

Seems to be done and the 6 cup espresso maker (filled to the fill line) made like... less than 1 cup, about 3/4 of a cup (so about 6 fluid ounces). It is very dark brown though.

Regarding seeds whoever I have spoken to have different answers on how to cook, I've had people tell me that the seeds won't do anything, which I don't understand as there are so many articles on using them!!! Or are they referring to me specifically as I have a pretty high tolerance. I've had 4 cups of PPT (50g) through the espresso machine today.

I used to use poppy seed tea a lot with unwashed seeds I used to be able to get. The good ones are very dark and many of them stick together. I separated the seeds from my pods and ended up with like 5 ounces of them or something. Tried to make seed tea like I normally would but the resulting liquid was very light colored and didn't seem to do anything, though I typically would use a lot more seeds than that when I used to make them. But the seeds I got from the pods didn't seem like they were very strong, they were very light colored. You could use them to grow plants but I am not sure if they're the best for making poppy seed tea. I am wondering if the pods need to be scored to get strong seeds or something. I really have no idea though.

It tastes quite bitter and looks like dark coffee. I opened it up after it cooled and the grounds had formed a crusty surface on the top I had to break through to get them out. I am wondering if I put a little too much in or something, although I filled the funnel to the level top and specifically did not pack it down at all. I broke it all up and put like 2/3 of it back in and am going to run another brew cycle.

It is bitter but I actually kinda like the taste. Seems nicer than regular pod tea flavor, richer and darker.

The second run through the grounds took like 2 minutes, it went really fast, and the resulting liquid is the color of rather weak black tea. The first one is so dark you can't even see through like a few millimeters of liquid. I just worry that I lost something since there is so much less liquid

Last edited:
Yeah the "podspresso" was darker than the stuff you get from a slow brew. I actually enjoyed the flavor too, I would drink it like coffee every morning. I neved flavored it with anything.

Podspresso also seemed a bit faster acting slow brewed pod tea if i recall correctly.

Given the efficiency of the steam+pressure extraction its pretty much a waste to use pods in order ways, unless you are employing some more serious chemistry.

An update: it does seem to kick in faster, and I have the loose feeling in my legs that I associate with a good strong poppy dose from back in my seed days. I put the remaining few grams in when I did the second brew (I had weighed out 20 grams for my dose) so I do have the whole dose in me now, plus whatever came out in a second brew from the majority of the rest of the ground I already brewed. I expect it will get a good bit stronger over the next couple of hours. But Ifeel hood. I never got the loose leg feeling even when I did like 32 grams the last time (the only other time I have used these pods so far).

Is it normal for it to brew so slowly, though? Like I said it took at least 25 minutes to fully run the water through. And I lost so much in steam that it produced like half a mug full of brew. Is it possible for alkaloids to escape in the steam? I wouldn't think so, but then again the steam is what is brewing it. I lost the majority of the water in steam, and there was a constant flow of steam out of the pour spout, where the lid doesn't fully cover it.

Subsequent brews on the grounds (with some removed so there was less in total in there) are taking just a few minutes, brewing quickly. I tried not to pack it down at all but the grounds are so fine, mostly powder, that I may have accidentally packed it some when I leveled it with my finger. Maybe in the future I should fill the grounds basket to a little less than full?

When I've made them I've got approximately the same amount of liquid out as I've put, obviously some will be lost as steam.

I would say is the temperature too high but if it was then it'd brew faster. What size machine are you using? Obviously the larger the coffee maker the longer it will take to brew. The issue I have is knowing when the water has gone from the bottom.

25 minutes though sounds odd too me. I'm getting a 9 cup 550ml one arriving (hopefully) tomorrow. Not sure why but I've bought 4 of them now 😅🤷‍♂️🤔

I enjoy the taste it actually tastes like a proper drink. I have had a few incredibly bitter tasting ones but generally I've found it a much cleaner taste than the traditional tea stewing versions.

When I experimented yesterday I used pure grapefruit with a bit of lemon mixed in. I only managed to get about a ⅓ through it before needing a break. It is messy though and I think could potentially clog the pressure valve. Might try again but try sieve out the bits first..

I've literally just bought one that I'll christen now.

I think I might have just put too much grounds in there. Although I didn't pack it on purpose, the resulting wet grounds at the end were very hard. I think it was having a lot of trouble pushing the steam through as a lot was escaping from the side gasket before I lowered the heat. I did get high from it though. Subsequent washes were very light colored.

I am going to brew up another 10 grams a little bit later. Was hoping I'd be able to get away with dosing 20 grams to get all the way there, but my tolerance is always absurdly high, ever since I was heavily addicted to poppy seed tea years ago for a long time, it takes me an inhuman amount of opiates to really get to where I want to be.

I got the 6 cup size.

How finely do you grind your pods? I ground mine until it was mostly powder, and I'm wondering if I should have ground them less finely... when wet, it forms a sort of muddy goop that retained a lot of water when I was brewing it by simmering in water, before I got this espresso maker. I'd have to wait for it to cool so I could squeeze it, and then the other half of the tea would come out. I'd wondering if my grounds are so fine that it's hard for steam to pass through, and that's why it took so long to brew.

I try to ground it as finely as possible. I think my tolerance is mega high now, this cup will make it 85grams for the day.

Safety warning lol don't use grapefruit juice, it nearly exploded!!!! Got ½ cup, gonna let it cool down and then finish with water. Oops