• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The espresso making method for PPT

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Could someone please do a dummies guide for using coffee maker for poppy pod tea please, I've seen snippets around but I wouldn't even know how to use one for making coffee 😅

So if anyone could do a run through of how to do, step by step, I'll pop out and get one. Apparently best method but frustratingly confusing and I'm not finding poppy pods working properly now (same batches that were working perfectly even a week ago).

Thanks in advance.

My method would be to grind the pods to a fine ground powder like most coffee. Place the grinds into a coffee filter and run the coffee maker like you would for coffee. Once it was through don’t toss the grinds. You could make another few batches that way. Or the first time you could take out the filter with the grounds and use a rubber band to make a tea bag. Then float the “tea bag” and get all of the good stuff out of it.

Depending on your tolerance you might not be able to fit all the pods in, how many do you typically make tea with?

Cheers I've never used a coffee machine. I make sure I grind the whole 1 or 2kg bag 1st. Got loads at minute.

I was using 25-30g powdered, doing 35 minutes 1st cook ,simmering, with about 150-200ml lemon juice and topped with water. I then squeeze it out, using a mesh in funnel with spoon. I then ready dried pulp and repeat process.

Recently I've been using white grapefruits squeezed instead of water, or topped with water.

I've had Recently where used 50g of best pods, 6-8 grapefruit and still not feeling it really 😕 I've been having tea every day for about 5 weeks and usually morphine sulfate oramorph at night.

Cheers. I haven't got clue on coffee makers tbh lol. I know they unscrew in middle and apart from that not a clue.

Thanks for your help, appreciated

Cheers I've never used a coffee machine. I make sure I grind the whole 1 or 2kg bag 1st. Got loads at minute.

I was using 25-30g powdered, doing 35 minutes 1st cook ,simmering, with about 150-200ml lemon juice and topped with water. I then squeeze it out, using a mesh in funnel with spoon. I then ready dried pulp and repeat process.

Recently I've been using white grapefruits squeezed instead of water, or topped with water.

I've had Recently where used 50g of best pods, 6-8 grapefruit and still not feeling it really 😕 I've been having tea every day for about 5 weeks and usually morphine sulfate oramorph at night.

Cheers. I haven't got clue on coffee makers tbh lol. I know they unscrew in middle and apart from that not a clue.

Thanks for your help, appreciated
I think that if you’re using that much a coffee maker is probably out of the question. A tea kettle with a mesh thing over the spout might work. I didn’t know you could even still buy pods. I’m so out of touch lol.

glad I could be of assistance. Have a good one.

Ok cheers, what do you mean kettle with mesh on it?

I'm in England and can buy pods etc here.

Problem is not getting any impact at mo

Its simple:

Watch it and dont leave it on longer than necessary. Don't use a normal drip coffee maker. It must be this type, although apparently electronic espresso makers work too. Has to be an espresso maker of some sort to take advantage of the pressurized steam.

Ahhh ok.... I've never used for coffee etc

Now I can see what the machine looks like makes sense.

So you fill with water first? Cold I'm guessing lol I am guessing. Its cooked under pressure and the bit that looks like a nut let's out the excess pressure.

Fill up the inner funnel with the finely ground pods, put back together, heat until rises through filter, once tea at top, it's done?

So just to clarify 3 bits pls mate.

1) use cold water when put in?, not warm or boiling

2) do you just use water? No lemon etc

3) Once poured out do you dry pod matter and repeat? If so how many times?

I'm in my 40s and haven't ever used one for coffee etc embarrassingly 😅.

Is the inside design (workings )the same for all of these. Any recommendations on a good one to buy?

Oh and lastly, if I don't know I may as well ask 🤷‍♂️ approximately how much finely ground will it fit? Is it more effective?

Cheers my friend, thank you

Another alternative to the Bialetti that @negrogesic posted, is the French press. Super simple:
- Weight up coffee (or ground pods) and put in the container
- Boil water and pour over
- Let it sit for about 4 minutes
- Press, drink and nod

It's really easy, fast and you can find a French press for 10 dollars. Probably less too.
Cheers, I was thinking about one of those as well. Unsurprisingly beside each other in shop.

I just need a simpler method that'll use less pods. I got enough to last ages.

So only use once, don't dry etc? How much roughly would be needed, compared to me using 25-30g tea way? Just use near boiling water?

Tempted to drive and get both of em now 😅

Cheers, I was thinking about one of those as well. Unsurprisingly beside each other in shop.
Yeah, I use one of those for coffee. Tastes better and with a water boiler it doesn't take a lot of time.
So only use once, don't dry etc?
Are you talking about the pods here?
How much roughly would be needed, compared to me using 25-30g tea way?
For 54g of coffee, I use 900g of water. I use a scale for both, but applying my inferior math skills and the calculator, I get that to roughly 16g of water for each gram (I recommend doing the math yourself here, lol). Around 0,9l of water.
Just use near boiling water?
I haven't done a lot of opium tea, to be honest, I normally just ate opium because that's what I had at my disposal.
But when I experimented with seeds for tea, I boiled up water then used it. Not sure what the boiling point for the various alkaloids are though, but it worked for me.

Tempted to drive and get both of em now 😅
I can imagine, haha.

Yeah, I use one of those for coffee. Tastes better and with a water boiler it doesn't take a lot of time.

For 54g of coffee, I use 900g of water. I use a scale for both, but applying my inferior math skills and the calculator, I get that to roughly 16g of water for each gram (I recommend doing the math yourself here, lol). Around 0,9l of water.

I haven't done a lot of opium tea, to be honest, I normally just ate opium because that's what I had at my disposal.
But when I experimented with seeds for tea, I boiled up water then used it. Not sure what the boiling point for the various alkaloids are though, but it worked for me.

I can imagine, haha.
Thank you, I'll go and probably will buy both tomorrow, 6pm here and ironically as both methods seem super quick and easy, I've just finished making a tea where I lowered temperature, did 1 hour cook with just pure grapefruit juice and lemon and sugar. Then squeezed out and did another very low temperature 1 hour cook with just water. Typical of me though 😅🤷‍♂️ but thought I'd try. Hoping to feel this because these are extremely potent pods, used 25g and the only reason I was patient was because got my weekly script, so had 100mg oramorph to tide me over.

Both the way you showed/explained and using the coffee machine thingy are quick and work under pressure.

I am a muppet though, had £50 supermarket voucher and bought a food processor hoping I could blend pods quicker. Nope was the answer 😅 and I could have got both the others and still had money left to buy more food. Could have even bought posh coffee to use aswell lol

Cheers, much appreciated

If you are doing this for enzyme inhibition it might be a lot more effective to drink the juice like an hour before the tea. Takes some time to jam up those cyps.

I'd go with the stove top espresso over the french press. Its far more efficient than the french press, requires less pods

I am a muppet though, had £50 supermarket voucher and bought a food processor hoping I could blend pods quicker. Nope was the answer 😅 and I could have got both the others and still had money left to buy more food. Could have even bought posh coffee to use aswell lol

Cheers, much appreciated
You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette, right? 😄 Maybe you can use the food processor to make weed edibles if you're in to that thing.

No problem dude. Good luck with the pods & Oramorph!

Like @Skorpio said, drink the juice an hour before. And I think @negrogesic has more experience with poppy tea than me, so a stove top espresso make might be the way to go. Those are real easy to use as well!

If you are doing this for enzyme inhibition it might be a lot more effective to drink the juice like an hour before the tea. Takes some time to jam up those cyps.
Cheers,

I've been experimenting a bit, taking hour before as well sometimes. I know that all grapefruits work but white definitely noticed more. Annoyingly, dunno if I'm being paranoid here but.... they were selling white grapefruits at the big supermarkets near me Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda. When I found them I thought perfect, so bought all of em 😅, funniest was Sainsburys where I bought 19, plus 12 bottles of lemon juice. Been back in and not only have they not restocked them, they've removed selling from the shop!!!! I even asked at customer service desk and was told that due to potential health reasons they've cut down on certain items, so think I've ruined a whole towns white grapefruit supply 🤷‍♂️🙄

Wish I'd sourced it but found a scientific article somewhere on Google where it was tested and it said that drinking a hour before on test subjects it increased potency by 10-50%. For adding to cook with the figures were 40-120%.

I personally think that I preferred it taking before though and tbh I did both anyway. Just not really feeling the tea now 😕. I started (keep a diary of all meds, cos prescribed other stuff as well diazepam, cyclizine, oramorph etc). I only started taking PPT on the 9th of last month, stockpiled a bit, I bought 13.5kg. Obviously got loads left, plus the seed and ungrindable bits account usually for between 55-60%..... looking though only had 2 days since then that I haven't had PPT, Plus my tolerance was staying the same. Few days ago though I pretty much stopped feeling it. Even doubling to 50g teas!!!!

Need to make them work again, frustrating how sudden the Change has been, even with exactly the same batches that were working incredibly, then bang not feeling it or the oramorph really, so trying to make it work again.

Cheers mate, sorry super long reply 😅

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette, right? 😄 Maybe you can use the food processor to make weed edibles if you're in to that thing.

Like @Skorpio said, drink the juice an hour before. And I think @negrogesic has more experience with poppy tea than me, so a stove top espresso make might be the way to go. Those are real easy to use as well!
Might get both anyway lol, don't think either are expensive. Nah definitely not touching weed for years. My best friend who I saw or talked to every day for 20 years and my smoking partner and supplier, killed himself in June jumped in front of a train.

Tried smoking once after but sent me nuts. Tbh that's how I've ended up relying on stuff to chill our on, was going crazy, so I'm worrying that opiates aren't helping now.

Thanks for your help, I like this community and has helped me in a lot of ways getting through this.

I'd go with the stove top espresso over the french press. Its far more efficient than the french press, requires less pods
Cheers mate thank you, understand diagram just few basics I don't know. Hot water or started from cold? Just water nothing acidic? Do I need to repeat and dry afterwards etc. How much do I put in, if my tea way is 25-30g

Thanks for your help

I get diazepam prescribed and been on for ages, its free as in UK and I don't have to pay for them.

I can get 30 packs of

Lorazepam
Clonazepam
Alprazolam
Etizolam

For about £40ish, 50ish USD. Very tempted to buy few packs of something that might help and save up diazepam into useful amounts for the day 🤷‍♂️ on 40mg but GPS don't prescribe ones above really. Not sure what to have as haven't had any of those before, needs to be relaxing but in a slightly different way than diazepam, so I'll be able to feel it. Got constant anxiety, with how ugly this years been I need to relax or will end up going totally nutty

I can imagine, haha.
Sorry forgot to answer bit, when you said 'are you talking about the pods here?'..... yh once its done a cycle, do I need to dry out the poppy powder pulp and then rerun it through?

If that makes sense lol, is 1 run enough because it's pressurised or do I need to do it more than once?

Cheers, sorry for the questions, your a ⭐

So fill bottom with boiling or near boiling water, fill up the funnel bit with poppy pod ground, screw it all back together and then the mixture is squeezed against the filter bit, obviously the powder is kept from getting into the tea because of the filter and once the liquid reaches near the spout its ready?

I'll get 1 on Amazon now actually and hopefully get any dumb questions outta the way, such as do I then repeat etc 😅

If the pressure helps and I possibly don't have to dry and repeat, gotta give a try. Could even take the pulp and then run it through the french one afterwards as well 🤷‍♂️

I'll shut up now, cheers, let me find one online.

Thanks again