• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

the elusive 6-mapb

black53

Bluelighter
So I've decided to buy some benzofurans after leaving them alone for a long time. 5 and 6 apb are illegal in my country so they are out + I think it's time for a change. 5-apdb is boring (tried it a few times.... kinda like a worse version of mdai). So far I've decided on 6-apdb which is supposed to be good. But 6-mapb is giving me problems. I tried searching for reviews and there's just a hand full. So anyone here have any experience with it? How does it compare to 5-mapb?
Is it worth the price markup compared to 5-mapb?

If it's not too prying a question to you mind me asking where you're based? Don't feel like you have to answer, since I know with this kind of site often so much as naming the country you're from can be too much of a personal give away - but if it's something you're not too private about I'd be curious.

Just wondering because my limited knowledge of the APB legality is in England and in Poland - in England as far as I know: 5-APDB, 6-APDB, 5-APB, 6-APB, 5-MAPB, 6-MAPB are all illegal - with the EAPBs ala MDEA being the only ones left legal. Here in Poland I think all of them are still legal but I've not seen any of the EAPBs pop up so far I don't think and certainly not 6-MAPB.

Note: I'm reading off articles and going on my own experiences and those of others, I'm fairly certain in what I'm about to assume but it's worth double checking and my word isn't the be all and end all, I could be wrong!

Having not tried it I can only offer speculation, but it's speculation with grounds in what we know already - so I feel fairly confident in my assumptions.

Here are the Ki values for 5-APB, 6-APB:
-------- NET -- DAT -- SERT
5-APB - (180) - (265) - (811)
6-APB - (117) - (150) - (2698)
(Lower = better)

- meaning 6-APB has a greater effect on norepinephrine and dopamine, making it more physically stimulating, and requiring a higher dose to reach similar empathy and tactile sensations to one with 5-APB (in fact if anything I think this is really where the quoted potency difference lies, as far as stimulation/euphoria go, dosages imo are similar)

It's expected that this will carry over to the N-methyl and N-ethyl analogues (i.e. 5-MAPB and 5-EAPB for 5-APB - and 6-MAPB and 6-EAPB for 6-APB). Now if we look at MDA, the drug 6-APB and 5-APB are both analogues of, and then at the N-Methyl and N-Ethyl analogues (MDMA and MDEA respectively) we'll see a trend, as the carbon chain on the amine gets longer, activity shifts from dopamine and norepinephrine to serotonin.

(-)-(MDMA)'s Ki values are: (704) (2425) (2306), and (+)-MDMA's are (398) (897) (948) so as you can see MDMA has a more balanced ratio of dopaminergic to serotonergic effects. 5-APB is heavier on serotonin and less stimulating, hence why people often describe it as "mongy and flooring" - and 6-APB is heavier on dopamine, hence the long rushing and partying all night many (myself included) can accomplish on the stuff.

Adding an N-Methyl to 5-APB, given that it should shift the focus further in the direction of serotonin is pushing it more and more in the direction of primarily serotonergic drugs like MDAI, IAP and the like, though still with its own euphoric push. 5-EAPB on the other hand sounds to me like it should mostly not be that revelationary.

Now with 6-APB on the other hand you have something notably more dopaminergic than MDMA, so add that N-Methyl group may just make for a very close MDMA analogue. 6-EAPB I'd also imagine would be quite similar to MDEA.

Personally aside from mixes I'd give 5-MAPB and 5-EAPB a mix myself (though for mixes I'm sure they excel wonderfully) but 6-MAPB and 6-EAPB should be pretty darn lovely. Sadly not had the chance to sample either though. Only 6-APB, 5-APB and 5-MAPB myself.

Very well stated JG.

I have tried what was believed to be 6-mapb. It didn't tickle the spot from an empathy standpoint. There were some possible mitigating factors such as full stomach. I am planning on trying it again soon and possible mixing it with 5-mapb. If I get a little extra cash I plan on sending a sample of the 6-mapb to get tested.

Are there Ki values available for 5/6-mapb?

Thanks for the replys guys, I've decided what I'll pick.

6-apdb and 6-mapb

5 and 6 apb are out because they are illegal in my country
5-apdb is out because it's a shittier version of mdai
5 and 6 eapb are out because according to every trip report I've read they are just worst copies of the illegal benzofurans

5-mapb is a candidate and if money weren't a problem it would be one of my picks, but since money is limited... I mean I liked 5-mapb, but always found it lacking in the trypness part and the length part.

6-apdb is nice according to reports + I'd like to try something new.
6-mapb is still largely unknown but since it's available in smaller quantities than 5-mapb I figure it's worth a shot.
And if more money suddenly manifests itself 5-mapb.

>Are there Ki values available for 5/6-mapb?
Not that I've seen them.

soon getting 5 graams of this and i barely know anything about it lol, what is the dosage recomannded?

We need to remember that the capability to inhibit the reuptake is not equal to the capability of releasing a neurotransmitter. Also, when you synthesize 5-APB, you're getting 7-APB as a side product, and when you synthesize 6-APB, you're getting 4-APB as a side product. Supposedly, both of these compounds add to the overall effects much. I can imagine that a lot of the psychedelic effects of 6-APB can be actually attributed to 4-APB, which is like Bromo-Dragonfly without one wing and without bromine (EDIT: actually, the furan ring fused with the benzene ring is inverted vs. Bromo-Dragonfly and 7-APB is like Bromo-Dragonfly without bromine and the other wing, so this kind of destroys the theory...; on the other hand it seems that the the furan ring on the 5th position is somewhat more important for the psychedelic action).

6-APB is more psychedelic for me than 5-APB is. 6-APB have a low affinity towards SERT, but it may still have a good affinity towards 5-HT(2A) or actually it's 4-APB that is responsible for the psychedelic effects. 6-APB feels quite speedy, more than 5-APB, so I guess that's the DAT/SERT ratio here. Both 5-APB and 5-APDB are mellower than 6-APB.

I haven't taken N-methylated analogues yet, but I guess that 5-MAPB could be a winner out of all these, most similar to MDMA. But then again some phenethylamines that are good psychedelics turn out to be worthless when they're N-methylated and they lose their 5-HT(2A) agonistic capabilities. I can imagine that's the problem with 6-MAPB/4-MAPB.

Last edited:
130 mg was very very similar to mdma high light & intense at the same time but i have had very trouble eating the past 2 days i dont know why cant eat mutch of anything my stomack is empty

took 130 and felt like I never got quite where I wanted to be,
created 9 capsule with 150 mg today that we will bring friends, but how may others react at 150 mg? it may be too strong for somebody others maybe?

A good respectuaable vendor sells 6-MAPB now but can't find to much info. 5-MAPB is very nice and so is 6-APB. So this probably also will be good. Any more data?

I would be interested in reports too. I only tried 6-APB once and that was an "official benzofury" pill in combination with 4-MMC so kinda hard to say what was what. I did the 4-mmc bc I read 6-APB could take 2 hours to come up. I tried 5-APB in combination with 5-MAPB and didn't find that comparable to MDMA. I took way to much of each assuming MDMA like potency I tried 150mg of each at once first dose. Lots of serotonin i think. I got all spaced out and was high but didn't feel like rolling to me. Possibly a bad sert/dat ratio for me (not enough DAT)? Or possibly two weeks wasn't long enough off my SSRI to really "roll". I ended up consuming a gram of both in 24 hours and was way sketched out. Felt like it was missing the speediness of MDMA for sure. Both grams were free samples from a lab in china and at the time I didn't find any info on dosing. I wish I had tried the 6-APB solo for a better perspective and if I could redo it I'd choose to wait until someone posts at least some basic dosage info before diving into 5-APB and 5-MAPB head first.

Why isn't there more info about this 6-MAPB? I felt like I did roll really well from the 6-APB combo, but am also confident that a combo of either 5-APB or 5-MAPB at much lower doses with 4-MMC would produce the magic too. Was 6-APB more stimulating like MDMA or was it like 5-APB was for me and just sketchy/mongy with little stimulation? For me 4-MMC has all the magic of MDMA and then some so the question at that point becomes why bother with the APB's in combination at all?

I would be interested in reports too. I only tried 6-APB once and that was an "official benzofury" pill in combination with 4-MMC so kinda hard to say what was what. I did the 4-mmc bc I read 6-APB could take 2 hours to come up. I tried 5-APB in combination with 5-MAPB and didn't find that comparable to MDMA. I took way to much of each assuming MDMA like potency I tried 150mg of each at once first dose. Lots of serotonin i think. I got all spaced out and was high but didn't feel like rolling to me. Possibly a bad sert/dat ratio for me (not enough DAT)? Or possibly two weeks wasn't long enough off my SSRI to really "roll". I ended up consuming a gram of both in 24 hours and was way sketched out. Felt like it was missing the speediness of MDMA for sure. Both grams were free samples from a lab in china and at the time I didn't find any info on dosing. I wish I had tried the 6-APB solo for a better perspective and if I could redo it I'd choose to wait until someone posts at least some basic dosage info before diving into 5-APB and 5-MAPB head first.

Why isn't there more info about this 6-MAPB? I felt like I did roll really well from the 6-APB combo, but am also confident that a combo of either 5-APB or 5-MAPB at much lower doses with 4-MMC would produce the magic too. Was 6-APB more stimulating like MDMA or was it like 5-APB was for me and just sketchy/mongy with little stimulation? For me 4-MMC has all the magic of MDMA and then some so the question at that point becomes why bother with the APB's in combination at all?
6-APB = Benzofurry. 4-MMC is a completely different substance and has the nick name of meow. 5-APB is not really compariable to MDMA, more a speedy version of 6-APB. 5-MAPB on the other hand is very close to MDMA with a little les energy.

I believe there was concerns at the time about it's toxicity potential so was pulled

The n-methyl and n-ethyl apbs seem to have some effects that can "fry" a person.

I'm wondering if 6 apb combined with a smaller or moderate dose of 5 mapb is safe, from a chemistry standpoint?

Lets say 60 mgs 6 apb and 20 mgs 5 mapbs

Btw I have a low tolerance as I may do an entactogen once maybe twice a year

5 maps alone has mdmas serotonin release, in fact to me it feels "heavier" . I once did 107 mgs and it was psychedelic. Whatever the case it tested out good on all five regents tests, but I had the worst side effects for the next ten days, longer than any of MDMA sides and I threw a full three grams of it out. So this batch is different and 75 mgs used in the borax combo was plenty serotonin release.

6 apb has the psychedelic component of MDMA, all with higher dopamine and ne level, the stimulation side and I believe it does offer more psychedelic effects than any of the 5 (m)apbs

The borax guy wrote 5 mapb doesn't hit the psychedelic part of the brain,that's why there's a couple or few mg typtamine dose thrown in. I have no idea if he's correct. MDMA does but in my experience at that 107 mgs, 5 mapb dose, it was psychedelic

Last edited:
I once orally took 450mg of 6-APB, wasn't too bad but i felt dead the next day. Never tried the others.

Your best bet is that supposed 5-mapb, 2-fma, 4-ho-met combo

DId you feel actually bad tho? Or just sleep all day? I found it was all sleep, that's why i like 5-mapb so much better than 6-apb for the 2 day afterglow which seems absent from 6-apb at any dosage.