• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Social The Dark Side Social Thread v. Darksiders Forever

Really enjoy the weekends. Don't have much going on at the moment besides just chill out and play some nintendo. Might even watch some movies or TV shows. I had ordered a Firestick off Amazon, and should get here some time tomorrow. So I am looking forward to hooking it up to my TV so that I can finally utilize the TV for something. Right now all I have is my nintendo switch plugged up to it, but would like to watch some other shit besides Hulu.
Havn;t looked into much on what apps are available for the Firestick. I have a Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime account, so will start there. Will need to see what all I can and can't do on it. Don't want to spend any more money then I am already for the other streaming services, so might try and look around for an app that allows you to watch TV. I am sure that there is something out there with that capability.
Check out pluto or tubi if you're looking for regular tv.

Reactions: Ds
Check out pluto or tubi if you're looking for regular tv.
Thanks!!
I got my firestick from Amazon earlier today, so later I might fool around with it. I enjoy playing the nintendo on TV, so have been taking my time with the firestick. Also just learned that I can connect my laptop to my TV with the HDMI cable that came along with my Switch. So I now have 2 monitors going on right now. So I will get around to setting the firestick up sooner or later lol.

Thanks!!
I got my firestick from Amazon earlier today, so later I might fool around with it. I enjoy playing the nintendo on TV, so have been taking my time with the firestick. Also just learned that I can connect my laptop to my TV with the HDMI cable that came along with my Switch. So I now have 2 monitors going on right now. So I will get around to setting the firestick up sooner or later lol.
I've been playing a lot of diablo 3 since I got my tv back. That's why I haven't been on d2 much. Do you play on xbox or playstation at all?

^Yeah I was wondering if you’d have internet access

let us know how things are going if they let you use a computer or what not 💙

Glad you're going in man. I'm guessing they don't allow phones, so make sure to update us when you get out.
That's one of the most damaging parts of the rehab experience though I can sort of understand why some do. Out of maybe 6 or 7 rehabs, I had found one that allowed phone and laptop and it shut down :(

So August 22nd marks my 5 year mark. Hadn't had a drink/heroin/meth/weed/pills in nearly 5 years. I am not perfect, I still struggle time to time, and found other things to help me through depression and anxiety then having to take drugs. I bring this up because I was reading my blog last night, starting back at the beginning when I was maybe 20-21 when I first started writing. (I am 32 now). And over those 10 years of blogging I've realized how much chaos I had lived in. From everything from battling homelessness, addiction, alcoholism, rehabs the list goes on and on.
Today I am just thankful that I have some sanity that had returned to me. I'm still sick as fuck, but now I am able to cope with it to some extent. Haven't really noticed much about the PAWS, I wasn't expecting some bright light to appear. Just feel normal.

@schizopath 5 years ago, I walked into rehab, and never left. I work @ the same rehab I was in some 5 years ago. Had no clue I would be sitting behind the desk, and yet here I am. I'd suggest if possible to stick around the place, it's nothing but good. Hopefully you decide to use what you have to help another addict/alcoholic.

I'm feeling particularly dark these days guys. Idk if it's the divorce, my court case, or bupe withdrawal, but it's all weighing on me heavy. I hope everyone's alright and not going through shit, cause this sucks.

• Heart
Reactions: Ds
I'm on one of my "mood swings" where I suddenly become ultra motivated and start working out, get sober, achieve things , eat healthy... Let's see how long it lasts. I give it 5 days.

& Just like that, my weekend has come to a close. Back to normal.

Not really feeling it because I hate going to these places. A close friend of mine passed away last week and today is their viewing/funeral.

This man was there for me when I first entered treatment back in 2016, and was there when we started wworking with one another. We staid in close contact even though he went to work with the veterans, and I staid where I was. We would always say hello, and I would sometimes go to that department to say hey to him atleast once or so a week. He had me speak at his 10 year celebration 2 years ago.
He always had lung issues, and last I spoke with him he was carrying around oxygen. Covid hit, he tested +, and was in the hospital since then.
He left to get a lung transplant, had a heart attack, came back and was on life support. Then his family wanted to end it.

So I kind of owe it to him just to pay my respects.

Hey y'all just checking in. Sorry if it seems like I haven't been super active in TDS lately. I'm going off of a bunch of meds and have had a bunch of shit that's been troubling me. As such I haven't been feeling super helpful, but just wanted to reach out to say I'm still always here to support you guys if you need someone.

If it weren't for this forum and a couple other HR sites, I would have been dope sick 10x over and had 4 other dependencies to boot. Thank you all!

(Thankfully I found erowid, lysergium, and I believe bluelight before I ever really got into drug use, age 13 or 14).