• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Social The Dark Side Social Thread v. Darksiders Forever

There’s nothing wrong with taking assistance if you can get it. I also think it’ll be a lot easier for you if you drop the shit job where you’re only wanting part time hours anyway, 3 days a week right?

I don’t know what disability pays where you are but where I am It pays more than Walmart 3 days a week and health coverage is there too for prescriptions and things.

If it’ll benefit you while you’re going to school and dealing with these life stresses as a disabled person, you qualify. You qualify anyway, take it. Come back to working when you’re ready to, you don’t absolutely have to right now so that’s not the issue. Focus in on yourself and focus out on school.

Audiobook,
That’s wonderful that you’ll be seeing the TRIO tutor. I love that you seek out resources that are available to you.
Hopefully she can offer you some assistance with work. Maybe she could help you find a workplace where you are treated better. Or if you want to stay at Walmart, maybe she can offer you some tips and strategies to better combat those situations that are stressful.
I am so proud of you, Audiobook. You are a star!

I've realised that I probably have a protein deficiency, from reading a couple of threads where weight training was mentioned in another forum, so maybe upping my intake of protein might help me improve. I've got to get rid of this anger one way or another. I know it might have been caused by one of my meds. I can still get upset, but I'm not as aggressive as I was a couple of days ago. So it's improving.

I've had to take an extra day off work today, due to insomnia, I don't know if it's because I'm tapering off a med that isn't working for me or because of the stress and upset that I went through over the past week.

I'll keep trying.

Thank you, yea, the college offers employment options so that would be something I would look into if Walmart does not let me change departments.

I would have a chat to the HR department and perhaps middle management. Maybe shoot them an e-mail and see if they are accommodating. You'll never know if you never try, so what do you have to lose?

Like it’s the management style that’s basically the problem. It has stressed me out to the point that I have had autistic burnout for weeks and I have not done my course work.

I am so familiar with burnout. When I was struggling with it I could not function to save my life let alone do any chores - even doing the most basic of things like making my bed or taking a shower seemed next to impossible.

Also I pissed off the Door Dash sub on Reddit because I ranted about them bc they are fucking garbage.

And it’s so hilarious.

Like ok, sure, I am going to fail at life and work at Walmart forever because I don’t think Door Dashers are the most amazing people ever.

I’m also very self righteous and full of hate (maybe true, as far as Walmart shit is concerned. IRL I do try and be nice and care.)

I dislike door dashers as they swipe my deliveries at work! Stupid corporate wants them to be more involved cause they don't wanna pay drivers...

I deliver for post-mates when I don't have shit else going on. I've never ran for doordash, Never really used anyone but post-mates. i have a few felonies and post-mates doesn't care. now doordash/uber eats and the other one, they won't hire you unless u have a clean record. so fuck them.
and i imagine some of those people think they are better than the average pizza delivery guy. so it is what it is.

@D’s - the other one you’re referring to is probably Grubhub. Where I live, they do most of the food delivery business, followed by Uber Eats. We don’t have Post-mates here.
In general I go online and look for the Grubhub deals that say “No Delivery Fees for the Next Hour” and I usually choose those places.
I feel badly for some of you employed in food delivery because there are some peeps who don’t seem to understand that the delivery fee is separate from tipping your delivery person. It’s sad. I think those delivering food get shorted on the tip sometimes for this reason.

@D’s - the other one you’re referring to is probably Grubhub. Where I live, they do most of the food delivery business, followed by Uber Eats. We don’t have Post-mates here.
In general I go online and look for the Grubhub deals that say “No Delivery Fees for the Next Hour” and I usually choose those places.
I feel badly for some of you employed in food delivery because there are some peeps who don’t seem to understand that the delivery fee is separate from tipping your delivery person. It’s sad. I think those delivering food get shorted on the tip sometimes for this reason.
Yeah it was Grubhub, and the one I had tried to get on as a shopper&delivery was InstaCart. Totally left me hanging when they did a background check. Sucks but their loss. (and I hear that they really don't care about their shoppers&delivery drivers).
Post-Mates isn't to bad. It's like the redheaded step child uber-eats. Usually on 'Gamedays' college basketball is huge here, and when they are playing and not busy I'll login. Depending on what's going on I can make my rent $ in a day (which is the only reason I do this lol).
I mean, I do it for rent and bill $.

Also I pissed off the Door Dash sub on Reddit because I ranted about them bc they are fucking garbage.

And it’s so hilarious.

Like ok, sure, I am going to fail at life and work at Walmart forever because I don’t think Door Dashers are the most amazing people ever.

I’m also very self righteous and full of hate (maybe true, as far as Walmart shit is concerned. IRL I do try and be nice and care.)
Reddit is a shithole, largely. It’s extremely useful for finding information on anything though. Including what the average Door Dashers Vs Walmart feud looks like. I’d try not to get involved, you’re going to get all kinds of fuckheads ready to snipe you down no matter what you say. Viva la Door Dash!

anyway, try to calm down with the panicking if there’s any technique that will help. Sometimes I just close my eyes and maybe even go to sleep. Someday this will all be a minor incidental in your life. I know it’s what’s sustaining you right now, but it’s just Walmart. It’s definitely got a bullshit culture but it’s casual work compared to whatever you have in your future after college when you become a professional in your field. Look at this like a stepping stone to what you may have to deal with when the stakes are even bigger!

That’s probably kind of anxiety inducing in itself but that kind of thought can be empowering too. Just need to believe in your abilities to deal, and if you believe you can then you can. If you go on thinking you can’t though, you’re probably right. Either outcome you’ll still need to arrange a way of living for yourself. You do have options.

A lot of life really is a mind game, in a way. Some things can’t be controlled but how we conduct ourselves we have a say.

I've worked delivery off and on for years, as a side gig and a main job, I've found the law of averages applies. There are definitely a fair amount of people that straight up don't tip, tip you pennnies on the dollar (this bitch tipped me 15 cents the other day), but there are also plenty of people that will throw you 10 or 20 bucks on a big order, or just because they generally tip well. Most people just give you 4 or 5 bucks.

As long as whatever service you're delivering for pays you decently hourly and has good mileage reimbursement, you will usually always come out the other side doing alright. And it's a really laid back job for what it is, I've found generally all things told I'll make 12-20 dollars an hour, probably average around 15. It's just a matter of whether you're getting hours or not, it can be hit or miss, but generally pizza places are pretty flexible. A lot of times if you can't get hours at the shop you're mainly at, there's another shop in your district that needs drivers and no one wants the hours. Or if you really want hours it's generally easy enough to trade w/ people.

Right now I have work 5 days but it's only for a couple hours, so it is kinda tough to maintain right now, but hopefully it'll turn around soon. High amount of employee turnover of course, so I just gotta wait my turn for the good shifts.

Glimpsing into the dark side after a hiatus. - one more hour left in my shift. I’m working from home and super grateful. That said, the isolation blows and makes me kind of miss the comradery of institutions. This has been a test of spiritual principles- these past many months, no?

🔮

Last edited:
Glimpsing into the dark side after a hiatus. - one more hour left in my shift. I’m working from home and super grateful. That said, the isolation blows and makes me kind of miss the comradely of institutions. This has been a test of spiritual principles- these past many months, no?

🔮

To say the least, I think everyone has been through something and stretched their definition of what they are able to put up with. The cabin fever alone.

I've been incredibly lucky the past few weeks to have had a gorgeous guy but all I can think of every time he leaves is "was that the last time". Most guys around here aren't interested in long term relationships. I need to keep my emotions in check if I want this to continue.

I've been incredibly lucky the past few weeks to have had a gorgeous guy but all I can think of every time he leaves is "was that the last time". Most guys around here aren't interested in long term relationships. I need to keep my emotions in check if I want this to continue.

Besides my partner, I probably came on a little too strong in just about any relationship I attempted. It's a common and annoying nuisance of a thing.

I generally wear my emotions on my sleeves so it's difficult for me to lie, or put on airs, or pretend I'm not crazy about someone.

Happy fishing! Don't let yourself get too insecure about it, that'll certainly fuck things up if you let it. I have plenty of faith.

Besides my partner, I probably came on a little too strong in just about any relationship I attempted. It's a common and annoying nuisance of a thing.

I generally wear my emotions on my sleeves so it's difficult for me to lie, or put on airs, or pretend I'm not crazy about someone.

Happy fishing! Don't let yourself get too insecure about it, that'll certainly fuck things up if you let it. I have plenty of faith.

thing is, he's way younger than me. Like 9 years. I'm totally fine with our relationship being just sex I just can't keep the thoughts out of my head. Because I actually really like him as a person. But I know when you are 21 you aren't thinking like that.

thing is, he's way younger than me. Like 9 years. I'm totally fine with our relationship being just sex I just can't keep the thoughts out of my head. Because I actually really like him as a person. But I know when you are 21 you aren't thinking like that.

Yeah, true enough. I end up falling for people in the matter of minutes if they've expressed interest, and then it'll take them really breaking my heart for me to fuck off. Met this girl in rehab that was clearly made from red flags, but she came calling when we got out and I came running.

Hence my near separation at the beginning of this month. I just really ran off w/ this girl I met in rehab and expected her to not be a crackhead about it, like a giant boob I just dipped out. After I got ditched in a hotel room while she scored dope or whatever she was doing to ignore me, I packed up all my shit and said fuck it and went home w/ my heart broke to shit feeling absolutely gutless and miserable and empty.

Luckily my wife and I have been together for years and grew up together, and she's crazy about me, even through many on's and off's. I don't think anyone else would put up w/ the shit I've done the way she has.

Yeah, true enough. I end up falling for people in the matter of minutes if they've expressed interest, and then it'll take them really breaking my heart for me to fuck off. Met this girl in rehab that was clearly made from red flags, but she came calling when we got out and I came running.

Hence my near separation at the beginning of this month. I just really ran off w/ this girl I met in rehab and expected her to not be a crackhead about it, like a giant boob I just dipped out. After I got ditched in a hotel room while she scored dope or whatever she was doing to ignore me, I packed up all my shit and said fuck it and went home w/ my heart broke to shit feeling absolutely gutless and miserable and empty.

Luckily my wife and I have been together for years and grew up together, and she's crazy about me, even through many on's and off's. I don't think anyone else would put up w/ the shit I've done the way she has.

that's the thing, I've had my heart broken...like obliterated..by a guy before. Like over ten years ago. and that one thing I feel has haunted me ever since. I'm really too emotional, too nostalgic, too sentimental. I don't want this guy to be a repeat of my past heartbreak. But I don't want to have unrealistic expectations either.

that's the thing, I've had my heart broken...like obliterated..by a guy before. Like over ten years ago. and that one thing I feel has haunted me ever since. I'm really too emotional, too nostalgic, too sentimental. I don't want this guy to be a repeat of my past heartbreak. But I don't want to have unrealistic expectations either.

It's impossible to not carry some of the old bullshit alongside you. Hopefully it will inform you towards having a more positive relationship, if one does develop. Yeah, you don't necessarily wanna get your hopes up, but you can't be a passionless chud either. Or maybe you can? I've never figured that one out yet I always get my heart broken.

Either way, the ball is in your court *bwaahaaaa sorry* to do with as you will. Just don't get weird or obsessive and I'm sure you'll be fine. All of us here already know how great of a guy you are, so if dude knows what's good for him he will recognize quickly as well.

Had my first session with me therapist yesterday and it really helped tbh.

I’m getting back on track with schoolwork and stuff (with the help of my childhood friend Ritalin™️), even tho it was just intake and stuff, the very act of going helped.

I'm so happy you found a therapist, hopefully they stay chill. Good ones are hard to find. I could only find one or two, and I've tried several. Keep it up, sounds like you're moving forward at a pace that you're comfortable with.