• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The danger of using more opiates after a full 20 days through WD?

greml1n

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.
I am putting this here b/c i know pods are not a really classified with mostpopular drugs.
I have been fighting opiate addiction for years (got on when i was dischargedfrom the Marines and been on for the past 3 years). I have been on and off Percocetand used pod tea after that for about a year. I decided last month (the beginningof summer) to go cold turkey from the pods as I saw how disrupting the WD's wouldbe during my time as a student. I made it to day 20.....still massive insomniabut everything else was...ok. I wound up having someone stop by with their podbatch as they know i use to use them in replacement for my Dr prescribed meds.I went on a 6 day binge, 5 regular doses for me (8 sm pods) and then the 6thday was the grinds re-soaked so not a fresh dose. Did i just completely re-setmy withdrawal timeline?? I know that some said because i went through 20 daysafter a full 3 year opiate wd that i would most likely not be experiencinganything like the WD i just came through, rather more of an annoyance for a fewdays. But i also read conflicting stories that 3 days is enough to reset aperson even after they have been off for more than half a month. I am not sureif that means it completely resets like allllll the way back to day 1 ofstarting a WD of 3 year use or it starts the WD FROM scratch.....meaning WDsymptoms but as if you just started again for the first time ie not as severe.I am day 1.5 not having after the 6 day binge and normally by this time ishould be feeling shaky and tired. I do notice symptoms but like i said theyare not as strong as they were when i was on day 1.5 of starting the orig WD.
I know this is a tired and used question...but I dont know these things and myDr. has no understanding of pods or kratom just the 'popular' opiates andopiate like substances

any advice or experiences would be helpful so i know what to expect from mymoment of weakness

Last edited:
Wds get progressively worse over time but are dependent upon how long the use goes and dose used and method of use. So say a couple months of heavy IV opioids could be felt pretty strong, a couple weeks of insufflated opioids could have nagging symptoms, and a weekend bender of oral opioids could have mild insomnia a few nights. This is just an example to demonstrate. Once you've gone through a few you can get a good gauge on how your next ones may go. If I had to say based on your stats I'd lean towards a couple days of mildly annoying symptoms at best. Stay active, well hydrated, eat good foods, and get adequate sleep if you can as those factors contribute to how you will feel also.

Ya I guage my wds like that. I dropped from .4-.5 IV tar a day to immediately .2 a day cut dose in half and quit benzos at the same time and over time I would notice things like, my eyes won't start watering and I won't yawn until 14-16 hours without a shot where as before at hour 6-8 for sure I'm yawning fiending when I did .4 a day . Also I notice I poop better I have slight more emotions (still not fully human) my dick is more sensitive lol and I can use .1 and feel very sedated where before I would need to do .2 just to feel appetite to eat breakfast I wouldn't even nod it would be a 1 minute baby rush now it's a nod from .1 that's how I see progress . And I believe tapering is possible, what is hard is where you decide to jump off completely

thanks guys!!!!

i am guessing that based on the info: the effects of a binge after going through a full 21 days cold turkey after year of everyday use wouldnt be noticeable as compaired to the initial wd

at best or worst...wasnt sure if ya meant the worst would be that or if ya meant in the best case i would only get the minimal. i do notice i am not as panic ridden and the insomnia is just annoying.