• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The current vaping lung ‘epidemic’

Salutations,

...trying to troll me?

Me! Me! I want to play too!! ... So here's a couple basic questions for the trouble: #1) how can we fake trichomes? #2) would it pass microscope examination??

Bonus, which of these 2 nuggets was "legal" from SQdC???
Guess which one was the largest legal nugget from SQdC [300x400] .PNG

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Salutations,

Me! Me! I want to play too!! ... So here's a couple basic questions for the trouble: #1) how can we fake trichomes? #2) would it pass microscope examination??

Bonus, which of these 2 nuggets was "legal" from SQdC???

Good day, have fun!! ☮

My money's on the bottom one, because the disparity in picture quality makes this an exercise in bullshit. And then, knowing how I'm wrong in 97% of the things I do in life, my final answer is going to be that sexy nugget on top.

looks like I got some fans.... 1) trick question, don't need to. People sell CBD hemp as THC cannabis(both are technically cannabis, and can have similar look and smell- major difference(aside from cannabinoid content) is something we can't discuss here tho.
2) Depends on who's behind the microscope, but to someone who knows what they are looking- doubtful, and if so, the cost of doing so would probably be greater than the cost of growing hemp or even high grade cannabis.

and based off the quality of those pictures, I wouldn't make any assumptions other than the photographer needs to brush up on his/her skills......But also you're a fool if you think you can tell legal bud from black market bud just based on looks.

Not sure what any of that has to do with vapes, but Egozet.... I never know what page or even what book you are on, so whatever my dude.

Mafioso just because you “have a hand in the industry” (unless you own an operation you make pennies, congratulations) which probably equates to you being another bud tender.. Doesn’t really mean shit. Everyone and their mother does these days, and most of them don’t know shit about cannabis.

The real heroes were those of us who grew cannabis for years and years before legalization, and they’re the ones who actually know what they are talking about.. Unfortunately these guys are getting shut down left and right.

I can tell you personally, despite being a third generation grower, I’ve given up on the cannabis game. No money in it for the little guy and the amount of idiots who want to talk like they know something is astounding.

Now go smoke some more cannabis and chill out man...

-GC

Mafioso just because you “have a hand in the industry” (unless you own an operation you make pennies, congratulations) which probably equates to you being another bud tender.. Doesn’t really mean shit. Everyone and their mother does these days, and most of them don’t know shit about cannabis.

The real heroes were those of us who grew cannabis for years and years before legalization, and they’re the ones who actually know what they are talking about.. Unfortunately these guys are getting shut down left and right.

I can tell you personally, despite being a third generation grower, I’ve given up on the cannabis game. No money in it for the little guy and the amount of idiots who want to talk like they know something is astounding.

Now go smoke some more cannabis and chill out man...

-GC

I will because we have legal weed because of that campaign that no one's heard of. And for that, I'd have to thank you for your participation.

Back on topic....

For anyone interested in a much more in depth conversation about the current vape "epidemic", I'd recommend starting here, or here, or here, or pretty much any thread in the "cart cutters" section. You'll get to read statements from actual chemist, egnineers, and other industry professionals- sometimes even the company itself in question, like with the true terpenes

Quick test: if the oil dissolves in water, it's probably cut with vit E. If it's got actual THC distillate in it and only cut with vit e, it should be bioactive if you drink it and pretty sure it'd be safe, possibly even healthy. The same problem with xtc, coke, and h arises tho- you won't know whether it's been cut with something safe/benign, or dangerous and harmful, so I wouldn't recommend drinking a cart that dissolves in water. I eat vit e everyday in the fish oil capsules I take.

A statement from a Darknet vendor claims that fake carts cut with Honey cut are the problem, and that the vendors that use it do not even know what is in it.
This statement claims that the epidemic started just after Honey cut started to be used by fake carts manufacturers in place of or in addition to MCT oil.
Honey cut allowed vendors to make their liquid using 75% oil and 25% extract instead of using 30% MCT and 70% extract without having the liquid becoming thin and easily spotted as weak.
This would make sense as we never heard of people using spice getting lipoid pneumonia, so while the possibility of Synthetic Cannabinoids being used to make fake carts is definitely there, it is most likely not the culprit of this lung disease epidemic.
It does make sense though that at least some of the people selling fake cartridges are putting some Synthetic Cannabinoid in there as well to make up for the loss in potency.

That's what a lot of people are thinking, and pretty sure what I mentioned in my first post.

Maybe there was too much info or not organized enough, but my point about synthetics was basically what your DN guy is saying- most vendors do not even know what is in it, and synthetics have been found with 0% THC or natural cannabinoids. Supposedly even fent has been found in some carts. The current risk for BM vape carts is not a whole lot different than any other illicit substance- pretty much can expect it to be cut with a range of possible substances, and it may not even have the desired end product.

Some warning signs are suspicious packaging and easy to open carts. A test for vit e is to pour a little oil in a little water and see if it mixes, as vit e makes THC water soluble, or so I've been told but have yet to test this out or look much further into it, but if your THC oil is water soluble and theres not vit e, prob not THC.

That's what a lot of people are thinking, and pretty sure what I mentioned in my first post.

Maybe there was too much info or not organized enough, but my point about synthetics was basically what your DN guy is saying- most vendors do not even know what is in it, and synthetics have been found with 0% THC or natural cannabinoids. Supposedly even fent has been found in some carts. The current risk for BM vape carts is not a whole lot different than any other illicit substance- pretty much can expect it to be cut with a range of possible substances, and it may not even have the desired end product.

Some warning signs are suspicious packaging and easy to open carts. A test for vit e is to pour a little oil in a little water and see if it mixes, as vit e makes THC water soluble, or so I've been told but have yet to test this out or look much further into it, but if your THC oil is water soluble and theres not vit e, prob not THC.

I meant to support that with more info and clarify that while some cartridges do contain Synthetic Cannabinoids, that is an additional but most likely separate issue from the lung disease epidemic.

That's really interesting that vendors on DN are blaming honeycut because distillers were calling that shit out months before it even hit the news. People were buying kilos(legal) and finding out that the test results were faked and it contained sometimes as low as 0-20% cannabinoid. A lot of these people have access to analytical labs, this was around the same time an anonymous character called out true terpene's product viscosity, which the scandal is on reddit, icmag, and future4200 to see. Coincidentally(?), true terpenes was the one to call out honeycut in a leafly article, one of the earlier articles published on the issue pointing the finger at vit e acetate.

Really tho, there are multiple identical products by different companies- mr. extractor just had a big product release advertising similar to honeycut(cut up to 50% without thinning out or tasting harsh), bragging about how it would even pass the bubble test. A lot of videos got deleted, not sure what is still up as he pulled the whole product as soon as the NY subpoena. It's ultimately a result of greed, supply competition, and lack of regulation/oversight. I could explain it better, but that would involve price discussion to a degree, so i'll stop here.

campaign that no one's heard of.

In 2005, it was mostly just people in Denver who had heard of the Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol movement, however that was 15 years ago. It sounds like your info is outdated.

On 2012, the words "Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol" literally appeared on the voting ballot in Colorado. Soon after several states started to do the exact same thing, using the exact same words. Today, the states that have not yet legalized for recreational purposes are following the exact same playbook, because it works.

It works so well, now the federal government is copying our playbook, and it's aptly named, "
H.R.420 - Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act

So when big tobacco and alcohol come to play ball once it's federally legal, you'll know why and it's because WE did it.

Don't act like you don't know.

lmao, @w01fg4ng this is so off topic so this will be my last reply to you, as it seems all our interactions end in you trying to prove to me why Colorado is the best, which is a stupid and pointless argument to begin with. If you don't like CA, it's good you don't live here. Stop bringing that bs competition and comparison up, and I need to stop playing into your bs. I get it, you think CO is the shit, that's awesome, I think it's great as well.

I'll admit that RMLAA may have played a bigger role than I acknowledged, but dude 2005.... That's about a few decades behind the mmj movement....

"The legal history of cannabis in the United States began with state-level prohibition in the early 20th century, with the first major federal limitations occurring in 1937. Starting with Oregon in 1973, individual states began to liberalize cannabis laws through decriminalization. In 1996, California became the first state to legalize medical cannabis, sparking a trend that spread to a majority of states by 2016. In 2012, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize cannabis for recreational use. "

So props to all the OG's up in OR in the 70's. And many states have had influence over laws in other states- it's partly why some hold off while others "experiment", so to say. just as CA mmj laws influenced pretty much the entire nation..... It's called politics.... which is getting so far off topic i'll stop here.

Last edited:
That's really interesting that vendors on DN are blaming honeycut because distillers were calling that shit out months before it even hit the news. People were buying kilos(legal) and finding out that the test results were faked and it contained sometimes as low as 0-20% cannabinoid. A lot of these people have access to analytical labs, this was around the same time an anonymous character called out true terpene's product viscosity, which the scandal is on reddit, icmag, and future4200 to see. Coincidentally(?), true terpenes was the one to call out honeycut in a leafly article, one of the earlier articles published on the issue pointing the finger at vit e acetate.

Did you mean buying kilos of ready mixed vaping liquid?
And distillers of? Terpenes?

There were precursors to the events of 2012 as far as the history of American cannabis goes (most notably California passing medical in 1996, but also cases like Raven v. State which go back, as mentioned, to the 70s)

These reforms were under constant threat from the federal government, though, and it would be wrong to attribute the same importance to past events that 2012 has in the timeline of cannabis. Prior to the modern era popular support for cannabis legalization only peaked at around 25-30% of the population (under the Carter adminstration in the mid 70s). We've come a long way since then in making legal cannabis a living reality and CO does deserve a certain amount of credit for being in the vanguard of that movement, IMO

Off-topic but just felt like commenting on the history of the cannabis legalization movement. I grew up in the 90s and can assure anyone who's in doubt that cannabis legalization during that time was a third rail, subcultural issue and was definitely not a part of "mainstream" political discourse.

Did you mean buying kilos of ready mixed vaping liquid?
And distillers of? Terpenes?
in the legal industry, and possibly black market, I wouldn't know, manufactures, aka, distillers, are the ones who take the biomass(cannabis trim,flower, keif-anything with trichs). Unless it is a vertially integrated company, the distillate then gets sold by the kilo to distributors who package and often brand the product as well. If ther is a good relation between the producer and the ditributor, or a lot of pride taken in the process, these will often be called "collabs". These distributors, who then sell the packaged and branded product to licensed retail stores, will either buy the distillate and make the different blends theselves, or buy premade blends. It will vary from company to company.

If I had to guess just based on the number of knock off empy carts with packaging, along with tools to fill the carts sold at places like smoke shops, I'd take a wild guess and say something similar is happening on the street. The big difference being verifible COAs(lab tests), so everyone is doing mostly the same shit they would do with any other street drug- does it look like it? does it smell like it? does it feel like it? does it taste like it? And probably more than that, "my source is reliable and trustworthy,s/he would never do something dirty like that"- and many knowingly wouldn't, problem is, most are guessing or taking someone's word, then repping it like it's the realest out there. Then again, not a whole lot different with flower or concentrates on the street either...

EDIT: Kilos of vape liquid like honeycut and terpene blends attempting to mimic cannabis flavor profiles are legal and readily available at the same smoke shops and online as well, jsut like the carts with the fake packaging from china, tho I think many of these terpene/vape companies or US based, just the hardware and packaging to avoid IP and copywright laws from china, is my speculation.

Last edited:
HR420 (2019) is specific to recreational use, as was the movement that began in 2005.

Regulating Marijuana like alcohol is right on target for a solution to this current problem.

If anyone can find an earlier reference to Regulate Marijuana like alcohol, be my guest but until then Colorado gets the credit.

lmao wolf, no one is going to do that because 1)no one cares but you and 2)it's completely off-topic. The list goes on, but I'll stop here.

As the death count continues to rise, I'd like to remind everyone that legal weed is a lot more than just a trend on Instagram.

3cfwso.jpg

in the legal industry, and possibly black market, I wouldn't know, manufactures, aka, distillers, are the ones who take the biomass(cannabis trim,flower, keif-anything with trichs). Unless it is a vertially integrated company, the distillate then gets sold by the kilo to distributors who package and often brand the product as well. If ther is a good relation between the producer and the ditributor, or a lot of pride taken in the process, these will often be called "collabs". These distributors, who then sell the packaged and branded product to licensed retail stores, will either buy the distillate and make the different blends theselves, or buy premade blends. It will vary from company to company.

If I had to guess just based on the number of knock off empy carts with packaging, along with tools to fill the carts sold at places like smoke shops, I'd take a wild guess and say something similar is happening on the street. The big difference being verifible COAs(lab tests), so everyone is doing mostly the same shit they would do with any other street drug- does it look like it? does it smell like it? does it feel like it? does it taste like it? And probably more than that, "my source is reliable and trustworthy,s/he would never do something dirty like that"- and many knowingly wouldn't, problem is, most are guessing or taking someone's word, then repping it like it's the realest out there. Then again, not a whole lot different with flower or concentrates on the street either...

EDIT: Kilos of vape liquid like honeycut and terpene blends attempting to mimic cannabis flavor profiles are legal and readily available at the same smoke shops and online as well, jsut like the carts with the fake packaging from china, tho I think many of these terpene/vape companies or US based, just the hardware and packaging to avoid IP and copywright laws from china, is my speculation.

Maybe someone is actually doing some assembling/filling themselves, but some "companies" dropship finished product through DN vendors that do batches in the multiple 100k numbers.
You can do about 5-7USD profit on each single cart that you sell to the end user, zero investment, zero skills, no warehouse required....

As the death count continues to rise, I'd like to remind everyone that legal weed is a lot more than just a trend on Instagram.

3cfwso.jpg

Wait, doesn't it mean I can legally grow and sell pot now? That's what it's all about right?

Wait, doesn't it mean I can legally grow and sell pot now? That's what it's all about right?
Regulation is about several issues. Selling pot requires a license which is part of the regulation process. The license ensures you are following guidelines that pertain to the safety of users. Other regulation guidelines include testing products for banned substances which would be very relevant to the issue at hand, even reducing the amount of deaths.

Because we already have a basic process for regulating drugs legally, it's only natural for us to regulate marijuana similarly to how we regulate alcohol.

Regulation is about several issues. Selling pot requires a license which is part of the regulation process. The license ensures you are following guidelines that pertain to the safety of users. Other regulation guidelines include testing products for banned substances which would be very relevant to the issue at hand, even reducing the amount of deaths.

Because we already have a basic process for regulating drugs legally, it's only natural for us to regulate marijuana similarly to how we regulate alcohol.

I know man sorry but I had to make that joke. ?
I live in the UK anyway.