• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The current state NRL and certain players - your throughts?

yeah
i wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or tell you what you were meaning to say.. (macksta did that for ya :p )...

and i wasn't trying to get a guilty/not guilty discussion going re coffs harbour either..

what i was saying is that allegations cause players to be penalised and punished.. i *think* what mazdan was saying reflected on the truth of those allegations.. but then again.. who can understand anyone else in this thread?

8)

it's been going on for ages,

it's going on now,

it will always go on...

think about it, you get a group of guys together, who are around guys most of their working week. they get drunk, they get horny, they look for women.

whats different from this incident to what happens at nearly every pub on the weekend?

apart from the fact the footballers are famous, NOTHING!

i've been there.. back when i used to play league we had the "team bikes". the girls that never actually went out with the players, just used to fuck them. there was one in particular, she'd be at each of the games, would come to our parties, and always be at the pub. but never actually wanted to commit to just one of us. what did she like.. the sex? the fact that "she" was in "control" of a whole team of guys? i dunno...

i'm not saying that the girl in this particular instance was a bike (so no flaming cause i'm using my generic example.. :) ) and i'm not saying its the girls fault at all, its just that, unfortunately, this is nothing new, and the media really should not be making such a big deal out of it...

and being a saints fan, mark gasnier, you have disappointed me... :(

Originally posted by muzby
apart from the fact the footballers are famous, NOTHING!

But in my mind that's the exact problem. Normally I would agree that just because they lead public lives doesn't mean we have the right to go over their personal lives with a fine tooth comb but seriously... could their timing have been any worse? And besides, I don't think it's so much the fact a call was made - it's the complete lack of respect for the rules and for their position in the community.

As I said before, that phone call wasn't any worse then what most women would hear when walking past a construction site but I still think they should be punished for being so god damn stupid.

They have to be made an example of otherwise the NRL will also be seen as not respecting women. They have left the NRL with no other stance to take.

I have a solution - only hire eunuchs. They'd be bigger and buffer and there would be no more problems in regards to rape. simple! :)

there was a feature on ESPN (sports channel) a couple of months ago about how most high-profile american athletes are now paying strippers and hookers for sex, rather than picking women up from bars etc due to the fact that they are professionals working in the sex industry, there are no misunderstandings, they get what they want, and the women get their cash..... i am normally against paying for sex, but if i was in their position, i might do the same..... u just dont know what can happen with a girl u pick up at a bar or something, there are some women out there looking to take advantage and try to extort u, especially visible athletes/celebs.... i know that unfortunately women do get raped, im not saying all women crying rape are liars, in fact, i think most of them really did happen, but u would have to be pretty stupid to think there are no women on the planet who would lie about rape to get something.... paying a stripper or someone removes any possibility of that happening

^^^

yep, its sad isn't it. but i guess thats the price of fame.

now this raises another ethical issue... what if someone doesnt want to pay for sex??

i for one have a real issue with the idea of prostitution.

i will not pay someone to have sex with me. firstly, i find it shocking that someone can de-grade their body to a point where they are happy for anyone to sleep with them, secondly, a big part of enjoyment of sex for me is knowing that the girl finds me attractive..

so maybe as a sportstar i dont wanna pay, i want some kind of interaction.. where does this leave me??

yeh muzby, im in the same boat, as i said, im usually against paying for sex, but with the current climate regarding women and professional athletes, i would have no idea what i would do if i was a professional athlete...
of course, i could always find a wife and be faithful to her... thats probly wat id do lol %)