(MEGA) The Current Site Bug/Technical Issues Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've experienced the problem too. If I'm on the mobile version of the site and attempt to edit a post, it immediately deletes it as soon as you click on the text editor.

Lost a few posts before I realized what the problem was a few months back.

Much as I'm attached to the current look of bluelight, there's no question a major software update is badly need.

hey I don't think I should have a staff signature. although super cute tho.

home page is broken

From the ANNOUNCEMENT about our relaunch

A few key issues with the upgrade we will address over time. We felt these issues should not hold up re-launch of the site and getting the majority of users back into the swing of things with the new site.

First, our Front page where we published articles is bare for now. We're still working out the conversion from an add-on for vBulletin into our Xenforo environment.

Second, BLOGS also had issue converting from a vBulletin add-on into Xenforo. We hope to have these back in operation soon.

hey I don't think I should have a staff signature. although super cute tho.

Fixed. I think. Likely won't erase the ones put down already, but should not put more out there in future posts.

no, but it's cool. if you click the link it tries to take you to bluelight.ru which is dank because it will break your browser.

Just wanted to pop in and say the edit function is now available and working for me. Happy with the software transfer so far.

All threads are showing up as unread for me today. Entering a thread does not change its status to read. Using the mark forum read button isn't causing the appropriate changes.

So when I enter a thread I've previously viewed, it takes me to the very first post instead of to the most recent post since the last time I viewed the thread.

This is from Mobile. Tried both safari and chrome browsers. Was working fine 24 hrs ago.

^^That's a style issue we are trying to sort out. We will keep folks updated in the ANNOUNCEMENT.

I noticed with the search function you need to use at least 6 characters or it won't return any results. That can cause issue if you want to search for threads about a specific drug or word that has less than 6 letters.

Site search settings are for min word length of 3 char (was 4 until I just changed it now). Not sure where you are seeing a 6 char requirement.

you guys probably have a thousand things to do. can i add 1001? :)

i loved the custom `imgr` code in vb. any chance you could implement it?

also, does xenforo have a `noparse` tag? can't find it...

ta.

alasdair

We've lost several bbcodes we'll look to bring back. Please suggest any you'd like to see and we'll do our best.

the search engine functions poorly overall. was trying to find posts on "valerie and her week of wonders" last night. had to use "valerie" as the search term because you cannot search exact phrase, at least not with quotation marks or any menu i can find. the search didn't turn up the post i knew existed, no matter how i searched (e.g. that thread only, general, "threads," by post). it did turn up three pages of results when search bluelight wide, including posts made prior to the one i was looking for. i confirmed it exists by going through the thread and hitting ctrl+f on each page until i found it. just now, i tried search the netflix mega thread to see who else commented on Love, Death & Robots. using "robots" and searching that thread only. the only post it turns up is mine. i know there's at least one other in that thread that's not showing up in search the results -- yours. if i search "robots" in all of F&T, it only turns up eight posts. i imagine there are many, many more.

thrilled to see all the work being done to keep bluelight clean and up-to-date. thanks!

Last edited:
^ Yes, search results are not comprehensive.

Also, do we still have anything like a friend request?

It seems a bit much to just start following someone who doesn't know you're doing it. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.