• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Cocaine Pipeline to Europe - Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime - 9 February 2021

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Seeing as it's our day for intelligence gathering and reporting!

Here's something I've been meaning to post for a while. Watched it again yesterday and remembered.

Interesting stuff. And as I keep saying around these parts: listen the the language! You ain't going to be going down to your local pharmacy for your next gram anytime soon!

And hard as this may be to believe: over the years the American market has become less and less attractive for a variety of reasons not least of which are the risks involved and the wholesale price in America vs. Europe. Fun fact huh!

"Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime

Over the past few years, the cocaine trade has enjoyed an unprecedented boom, fuelled by soaring production. In 2018, the combined production for Colombia, Bolivia and Peru – the three main producers of cocaine – was more than double that of 2013. While the rate of growth has slowed of late, there is still no sign of it hitting a peak.

The new report "The cocaine pipeline to Europe" has been jointly produced by InSight Crime and the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized crime. This report is the product of field investigations over two years in more than 10 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as interviews with officials, investigators and experts in numerous countries across both continents, and the collection and analysis of open source data and reporting.

We discuss the key findings of the report.

https://globalinitiative.net/analysis/cocaine-to-europe/"

Looking at the numbers from the reports just published I was taken aback a bit by such low levels of illicit drug use in Europe. Seeing a very low percentage of amp users, who is concerned about a flip flop from coke to meth given coke use is reported as second place behind cannabis?

What strain is that Avi @dalpat077

Last edited:
Questa donna "Comolli" sembra genuina, eppure ha gli occhi maliziosi di Napolitano 🤔

I figured cocaine production was down given its significant increase in cost.

I figured cocaine production was down given its significant increase in cost.
Quite the contrary.

Coca production, especially in Colombia, has increased by records amounts especially recently. I'll back up with a link or two during the course of the day (they're floating around here on my device somewhere).

But one of the reasons is because the price of Coffee plummeted so all the farmers who had signed up for these alternate (government?) programs i.e. to stop growing Coca and grow something else then reverted back to growing Coca.

But to me, and I'm investigating this until I get to the bottom of it, there is a disconnect between what is being reported vs. price vs. purity on the street and DNM's.

One may think the answer to the above is simple. But it's not I assure you. And I don't like data and statistics and reports and speeches and presentations that are not validated by real world evidence. It keeps me awake nights! 🤪

Then again (and this an afterthought i.e. after posting the above): maybe it is just as simple as there simply being too many fingers in the pie or too many links in the chain. Compare the cost per kg at wholesale direct from source to the cost per kg, at the then so-called wholesale, at destination. Obviously there's costs involved. But fuck me. Not even FedEx would rip you off to that extent (and that's saying something). Throw in security and bribes and whatever else. Still seems to be out of kilter to me. And assuming nobody has ALREADY fucked with the stuff (and there's evidence to prove otherwise) between those two points: throw in a few more middlemen and dealers and cuts and adulterants at destination and, well, there's the simple explanation. And if it be that simple: well then somebody needs to get their house in order and do some cleaning up. It doesn't make sense at all to allow others to out price your product in the market while at the same time ensuring that your customer base fears your product and that said product isn't of a high enough quality and standard to keep people coming back for more and more. And this logic applies across the board to all narcotics.

Last edited: