Variant I: B modal minor
Variant II: Allegro moderato, B modal minor
Variant III: D modal minor
Variant IV: L'istesso tempo
Variant V: Adagio, B modal minor

Harp: Skaila Kanga
Conductor: Bryden Thomson
Orchestra: London Philharmonic Orchestra

Vaughan Williams composed this work on commission from the British Council to be played at the 1939 World's Fair in New York City. The first performance was by the New York Philharmonic at Carnegie Hall on 10 June 1939.

Last edited:
Never gravitated toward Mahler but tbf, his precision with his music; reflects his strife and music is lovely.

Aaron copeland ftw - great audial & knowledge sources posted here - woop to dearth of generous stuff! :)

16181720_303.jpg

Claude Debussy [1890] - Preludes, Book 1 No. 10

Pianist - Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli

The piece is based upon the myth of the island of Ys and a church that, although buried under water, rises and appears on clear mornings. The sounds of chorals, bells and monks chanting can be heard in the delicate composition.

I dont have focus to scroll through the rest of posts on this thread but this is a beautiful music post to hear atm. The echo of the piano hammer, in time is honest and beautiful. ;)

Not classical but on a similar vein to old choruses . Heard this on the radio a few months back, during a time when I needed to hear it. (trying to ignore/separate historical religio-p[olitical, blight from the actual raw, humanity of expression that is woven in to pieces like this - it is lovely, imho)