Full Stop
Funky Mountain Fogdown
Midnight Blues
Dance on Your Head
Doin' My Time

E: Iko Iko
> Zydeco Boogaloo

Last edited:
Billy Strings is an amazing talent. If I have one gripe it would be that I wish he would stick to more traditional stuff than getting into “jam grass”. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy jam grass, but prefer more traditional bluegrass. The kid is definitely a ridiculous player, though. One of the best out there.

taking this thread as an example @ChickenScratch are you more down with artists playing really traditional or the ones playing the evolutions? I'm down with both, but if I went to a bluegrass festival that played strict old school all day I'd pull my blanket and never lay it again. I'd be most happy with 20% being true old school. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yea, I like em both but some of the new stuff is just a little bit much for me. If I want to see a big ass jam, I’ll go to a phish show. So, I guess the new stuff is just hit or miss for me. But I’m really not much of a fan of greensky.

Maybe it’s just my East Tennessee roots, but I really love traditional bluegrass, however, see your point of not wanting to see it all day and night at a festival. Check out Sturgill’s new album if you haven’t already. It’s the shit.

I don’t think I answered your question at all. Derp.

The first two Greensky shows I saw were really good. Some block party in Denver. They were ripping it up first night so I scored tickets for the next night and they tore it the fk up again. Caught them a handful of times after that and they never quite got there and were a bit disappointing at Blueox when I caught them there.

I know you love WSP and I know dig Infamous.. so check out ISD last headliner show at BlueOX. They had that widespread wobble kicken and it sounded good. See CS, well I guess we are old school... esp for jam music.. we went to and were fortunate to see some of the absolute shit.

I love how Dell has played this evolving game.

Sending a universe of love to the traveling musical Artists getting hit hard by coved <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 There will be a dawn and I'll be there with cash in hand for a ticket.