• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

The Bluegrass thread

ChickenScratch

Bluelighter
Billy Strings is an amazing talent. If I have one gripe it would be that I wish he would stick to more traditional stuff than getting into “jam grass”. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy jam grass, but prefer more traditional bluegrass. The kid is definitely a ridiculous player, though. One of the best out there.

ChickenScratch

Bluelighter
This is really awesome. Big billy and little billy. Have to say, little billy really shows up big billy when they’re trading solos. Big bill appreciates the fuck out of it. I’d love to see them do a tour together like Emmitt Nershi Band. Great video here

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
This is really awesome. Big billy and little billy. Have to say, little billy really shows up big billy when they’re trading solos. Big bill appreciates the fuck out of it. I’d love to see them do a tour together like Emmitt Nershi Band. Great video here

I agree He is something else.. made it past 27 y.o. too. The amount of really high class musicians he has played with is fucking incredible, blowing the minds of masters. You would have loved that recent Salmon run, man did they get back to some solid sick bluegrass for the show I caught. LOS with SCI RR is cancelled that shit would have been amazing. Artists are going to be some of the worst hit by Covid.. look at this role out plan by IL.. no concerts or festivals until a cure or reliable treatment is found.. oh and rec recreational sales of ganja are roaring.. Love how Blue Ox is getting the credit that bluegrass fest deserves, listed first on Billys wiko page of accomplishments and festivals. Shits no joke and thats coming from a long time rado bluegrass boy, so happy Its in my backyard these days.. but when do we get back at it.. the covid cock and music block and people killer can eat the corn out of my feces.

A Staple here

Last edited:

mr peabody

Moderator: PM
Staff member
Jerry Garcia | Old & In The Way (1973) | Midnight Moonlight

Jerry Garcia - banjo, vocals
David Grisman - mandolin, vocals
Peter Rowan - vocals, guitar
Vassar Clements - fiddle
John Kahn - bass

Last edited: