• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

MagickalKat777 said:
I just wanted to smash things and punch people. But in a spiritual way. Weird stuff.

Hee hee, man I've heard it all. Hit in a spiritual way, huh? 8)

/me ponders on what that one could possibly mean.

morninggloryseed said:
Hee hee, man I've heard it all. Hit in a spiritual way, huh? 8)

/me ponders on what that one could possibly mean.

I wasn't trying to imply it was a spiritual drug. Rather, it felt rather spiritual and enlightening, like DMT and a-MT, just had a horrible reaction with my emotions...

I was just thinking about this thread, and I realized something interesting. The TMA series of drugs are more closely related to Mescaline than anything else. There are plenty of users that have reported a general feeling of anger from these drugs. I personally know a few people that have had reactions like this from Mescaline. I have never noticed this with Mescaline, though I've only tried it once, and I didn't come close to abusing it. It was as close to the ceremonial use as you could get. However, with people using these drugs in a recreational way, it seems to have this effect. This just seems quite strange to me.

First of all, it's an interesting point you are getting at, piper, but who doesn't use drugs for "re-creation"?

And second, I wouldn't exactly considder myself the run of the mill, no-brained, "hard-core", drug abuser. I thoroughly prepared myself for the experiences, and all my psychedlic experiences are rare (I have a busy life) and well thought out. I was very interested in TMA-2 in particular because of it's relative scarcity and thought I could add to the collective knowledge on what I expected to be an interesting substance. But I have never had a chemical make me feel so damn awful in my life! I think my anger was more circumstantial (wasted day) and less chemical.

I have not tried TMA-2 yet (but soon, hopefully!). I believe that somewhere in PiHKAL (or was it Erowid? I forgot) there is a phrase that says that TMA-2 tends to produce feelings of anger. Now, this could just be a coincidence in the shulgin group. But I would not be surprised that reading this has unconsciously made many people feel angry on the drug.

By the sound of it I think there's a really good chance that I got an impure product. There seems to be such a disparity in my experience with the reports from others that it makes me doubt my aquired chem. Either way, i'm uninterested in psychedelics for the time being so there's no chance of repeating the order to see if I get the same reaction. Just saying this for the benefit of anyone looking to try it who may be really put off by my comments - obviously I MAY have got the real deal and just had a bad time with it but it seems not from the impressions I got from the other BL'ers.

Jamshyd said:
I have not tried TMA-2 yet (but soon, hopefully!). I believe that somewhere in PiHKAL (or was it Erowid? I forgot) there is a phrase that says that TMA-2 tends to produce feelings of anger. .

No, it was TMA that was said to produce anger. Not TMA-2.

what is all this talk of anger and TMA-2? come on people, lets not start silly urban legends, there is enough misinformation regarding psychedelics without us creating myths like that out of nothing. its been a few years, but multiple trials with TMA-2 never produced feelings of anger in myself or others. random

Well-said, Nada.

MGS: What are you refering to? I was thinking of a small comparison table thingy, like the one in the one in the EiPT entry in TiHKAL. I was just flipping through PiHKAL and I just can't seem to find it. I checked Erowid and the TMA comparison chart does not mention anger anywhere, so I cross that out.

teema

nada rylnym said:
what is all this talk of anger and TMA-2? come on people, lets not start silly urban legends, there is enough misinformation regarding psychedelics without us creating myths like that out of nothing. its been a few years, but multiple trials with TMA-2 never produced feelings of anger in myself or others. random

ye i think nada is right on that one.Even with xtc there are some people who get very aggressive and only want to hit people,i even know someone who will smoke a joint and act like hes on coke.Depends on the person i think.

i can see how one could get angry and wants to hit stuff on TMA,your tripping so your mind isnt all balanced out,or balances from deep anger to supreme luck and all in between.And the amphetamine properties it has enchances yur feelings so if your already feeling nervous or scared or whatever when you take it it will make your feelings much worse or better.

This weekend i had the most amazing experience with TMA-2.didn't had much visuals but the way the world looked at 6 in the morning with the fog coming up i realized i should be so glad i live on this planet and can do things(i realize this every day but the way TMA-2 let me look at this is so wierd i cant explain it but not ever could xtc or coke or every other drug i had let me feel like that).You wont be overwhelmed by the effects,(not with normal doses 20-40mg)but it will climb very slowly and subtle and if you want to do normal thing you could do that,like computering or going to the shop,you can put the effects in your backpocket or something like that,its hard to get full attention to the TMA because the amphetamine lets you amphetamine like .Very weird talking but it make sense i think to people whove tried it

Off all the people i know there are like 5 who have taken it numerous times and only two appreciate it,and they appricfiate it alot,the others just cant understand whats it about and there experienced with psychedelics.

TMA-2 made me the most angry that I had been in a long time... it just turned off all the "happy" receptors and burned the angry ones. Its really hard to describe...

I wasn't happy at all. I just wanted to smash things and punch people. But in a spiritual way.

This is certainly on of the hot semi-synthetics, a definate survivor...
From what I understand it is derived from oil of calamus.

In an imaginary friend's recent dream, Ronald, a garden gnome from Iceland, sent me a telepathic message. In this message, he asked the question:

"I have manifested 100mg TMA-2. So as to get maximum effects from minimum dose, are there any routes of ingestion other than oral? Has anyone insulfated or plugged this compound and if so, what were the dosages and effects?

I know this compound is relatively obscure but I am hoping that my magical gnomely fishing rod can attract the information from galactic databanks."

Thank you.

Interesting

After all the different opinions about TMA-2, I'm really curious as to what the effects of the MMDA with the same ring substitution pattern (MMDA-2). Years ago, while I was at uni, I found a book called "The Healing Journey" by Claudio Naranjo and it has one chapter dedicated to MMDA. The description of the effects really stuck in my mind, as he referred to the state produced with metaphors such as "a raindrop merging with the ocean". The bit about brain movies in PIHKAL seemed interesting too. The comments on MMDA-2 didn't seem as positive as MMDA, but as people have discovered, Shulgins reports don't always tally with the bulk of other peoples reports (2C-D is a good example).

Neo1, yes, friends have insufflated tma-2, it works well with perhaps 2/3 of the oral dose.

it lasts a couple of hourse less with insufflated than oral. I'd suggest oral for the first time, 30-45mg is a good start for oral, 20-30mg for insufflated.

15mgs had me tripping for several hours in a very introspective space... but as I said before I need less than most people.

Anyone ever IV'd anything in the TMA series, or read/heard of anyone doing so? I'm thinking of trying it...

I might too with a small dose of TMA-2.
If it doesn't dissolve 100% then I'll bootybump it.

I didn't get to I.V. this chemical, but I did experience a pretty decent dosage of it (accidently). Umm, I'd rather not discuss how and what dose, because I don't actually know. But snorting it still takes around 2-3 hours to peak. I actually meant to snort a tiny bit of it, inside a baggie by holdsing onto 80% of the powder.. but it was so fine one tiny snort snorted it all into my nostril in one go... I am not sure how much I was given as I was going to use it as an oral dose. After I realised I fucked up, I tried snortinbg veyr hard also, to get some of the material out of my mucus membrane, into my stomach, to lower the dosage but don't know how effective this was. Yeah, I have to say here that this accident could of been avoided and I'm really stupid and was very nervous at the time, for doing this.

With MDA+MDMA this chemical really did induce a weird temporary blindness to do with eye movement and tracking. I found 50% of my vision at all timnes was very l;agged. Unique to this experience too, Ive enevr had this, It was seriuously like half of my vision was lagged around 5 seconds.. when I would stop it would all catch up in a few seconds. I really put my body and head tyhrough a bit this night, and I was too messed up to be at a rave basically.

I'm going to write a report on it all.. but I just thought I'd write a note, even thoough I have no idea what the dose was (the vendor doesnt know either), that lets just say between 20-40mg of the drug was snorted. I may even be still way off.

This drug made me explode as soon as I heard music. Very very clean, sedating on the peak, and very weird trancey headspace, which isn't all that pushy, but can lead to some weird delusions, like believing you are truly somewhere else and something else after closing your eyes for around 2 seconds.

I look forward to maybe trying a WEIGHED dose of TMA-6, I feel the chemical was lacking something. Nitrous really brang it all out..... ofcourse...