• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

I don't know, DOC is like about 20 hours of no sleep for me, that's like in the middle between LSD & DOB, kind of a hard duration. On DOB I know I'm gonna skip a night going into it (and have no problem doing so) but on DOC I'm still gonna try to sleep that day but it will be very very late.

I had my first trial with TMA-1 yesterday at 135mg (didn’t have any more of the substance, unfortunately), so if someone is interested in reading the trip report -> here it is:

I’m new to Bluelight so if this is against the rules, I apologize. I just thought some of you might also be interested in reading it.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Would you consider posting this in Trip Reports? I don't think we have any TMA-1 reports yet. If so, please post it, don't just link to your reddit post. And thanks!

My impression was that TMA would be kinda like this. More potent, but less special than mescaline. TMA-2 seems the clear winner in the series, and also the grandfather of the DOX class, which are some of the greatest psychedelics in existence.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Would you consider posting this in Trip Reports? I don't think we have any TMA-1 reports yet. If so, please post it, don't just link to your reddit post. And thanks!

My impression was that TMA would be kinda like this. More potent, but less special than mescaline. TMA-2 seems the clear winner in the series, and also the grandfather of the DOX class, which are some of the greatest psychedelics in existence.
I think I got it.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to trying the TMA-2. I started with the TMA-1 because it has a shorter duration and was generally said to be the inferior compound of the two.

I think I got it.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to trying the TMA-2. I started with the TMA-1 because it has a shorter duration and was generally said to be the inferior compound of the two.
So other DOx are waiting...... you're in for a treat man :) both DOB & DOC are some of my absolute favorite drugs

So other DOx are waiting...... you're in for a treat man :) both DOB & DOC are some of my absolute favorite drugs
Yeah man, I’m especially hyped for DOB! Many people don’t seem to like it that much, but it’s a substance I’ve always been fascinated with and finally I came across 2 of the famous 1.4mg tabs that were floating around a couple of years ago.

Also have around 25mg 2C-T-7 left from a few years back. Soooooo excited to try that one.

DOB should be epic, I am also trying it soon, one of my next trips I think. DOC is among my absolute favorite drugs, it's pure, solid gold. DOPr is also one of the best psychedelics in existence... very rare, but I got immensely lucky enough to get a lifetime supply. I've only taken a full dose once, though, as the duration is a solid 40 hours.

One could call TMA-2 by the name DOMeO, as it is just DOM with the methyl replaced by a methoxy. None of the other TMA series are also DOXs. I have some TMA-2, a few doses, and am excited to try it, as well.

Yeah man, I’m especially hyped for DOB! Many people don’t seem to like it that much, but it’s a substance I’ve always been fascinated with and finally I came across 2 of the famous 1.4mg tabs that were floating around a couple of years ago.

Also have around 25mg 2C-T-7 left from a few years back. Soooooo excited to try that one.
Cool, if you like 2Cs and don't mind a day of tripping, you're golden.. DOBs not the one to start with, but I guess you know that. Iirc @Kaleida found TMA-2 to be as much of a gem as DOB, which is very high praise.
If you remember to, do stop by and share some of your findings ;)

And yeah, I too have some 2C-T-7 which is waiting to be tried

Some notes on TMA-2, 40mg + 40mg 90 minutes later, both orally
  • At that level it's a full on DOx trip, the buildup with amassing of energy, the peak characterized by a lot of energy and the TMA-2 feel, then you gradually come down at about +8h and some very transparent amphetamine energy is left, until I went to sleep at +15 or something.
  • There is a bodyload, but it isn't all that bad, especially in comparison to DOB & DOPr, my stomach was somewhat queasy however. I got very hot during the peak and often had to go outside to cool down. It's a double edge sword, because more bodyload directly correlates with the bodyhigh.
  • At first the headspace felt very transparent (like I could snap out at any moment), until something changed about 4-5 hours in, when I realized that it wasn't 'transparent' and I had been amassing everything to make the peak what it is.
  • The peak headspace is very reminiscent of other DOx, I would describe TMA-2 to be thick and sticky, you're inclined to open your eyes about half way and dig your way through it.
  • All in all, not too recreational, and I would take DOB instead any day of the week, but TMA-2 (given shorter duration and more forgiving bodyload) would be a perfect introduction to what is in my eyes the OG amphetamine psychedelic, DOB.
  • As far as dose is concerned, 80mg is intense but not really too much, I would urge people to dose 40mg and higher otherwise you might get stuck in that limbo where things never really take off.
  • Great music enhancement, some visuals that are not very interesting, some color enhancement.
Good luck to the people researching this :)

• At that level it's a full on DOx trip, the buildup with amassing of energy, the peak characterized by a lot of energy and the TMA-2 feel, then you gradually come down at about +8h and some very transparent amphetamine energy is left, until I went to sleep at +15 or something.
  • There is a bodyload, but it isn't all that bad, especially in comparison to DOB & DOPr, my stomach was somewhat queasy however. I got very hot during the peak and often had to go outside to cool down. It's a double edge sword, because more bodyload directly correlates with the bodyhigh.
  • At first the headspace felt very transparent (like I could snap out at any moment), until something changed about 4-5 hours in, when I realized that it wasn't 'transparent' and I had been amassing everything to make the peak what it is.
  • The peak headspace is very reminiscent of other DOx, I would describe TMA-2 to be thick and sticky, you're inclined to open your eyes about half way and dig your way through it.
  • All in all, not too recreational, and I would take DOB instead any day of the week, but TMA-2 (given shorter duration and more forgiving bodyload) would be a perfect introduction to what is in my eyes the OG amphetamine psychedelic, DOB.
  • As far as dose is concerned, 80mg is intense but not really too much, I would urge people to dose 40mg and higher otherwise you might get stuck in that limbo where things never really take off.
  • Great music enhancement, some visuals that are not very interesting, some color enhancement.
Sounds quite nice. :) Too bad I only have a 25mg capsule, so it'll probably be in the same range of intensity as my TMA-1 trip.

That's a shame, I hope it's somewhat nice at least.
My 'problem' with amphetamine psychedelics is that, for me, there is such a nagging superficiality in the amphetamine feel. And it's only once I shoot past a certain dose that I see the point of the drug, TMA-2 had a point to it, which I found surprising, especially going off reports.

I need to correct something btw: the peak was until +6 or something, I'd guess from 3-6, then stuff slowly came down until I was at a + by 9 hours. The remaining hours were very pleasant and transparent.

Normally, I don't really have a problem with underwhelming first time experiences, because it gives me something to look forward to. In this case though it's a bit unfortunate, because I don't know if I will ever purposely seek it out again, just like with TMA-1. Even though I don't think that TMA-1 will be a winner, regardless of dose, I am curious what a 200mg+ dose, would feel like.

Oh and btw, I have decided that I will try a test-dose of 10mg 2C-T-7 on Saturday. Depending on how this goes, I will probably drop the remaining 25mg at once a couple of weeks later.

This is great info as I have some of this saved. Headspace sounds pretty clear?

This is great info as I have some of this saved. Headspace sounds pretty clear?
Uhm, clear, don't know exactly, but all DOx are ime somewhat clearheaded. It's not as sharp and fast as DOB at least.

The first 4 hours were certainly clearheaded, and fairly boring tbh, I was kicking myself about having dosed as much because I knew I had a long way to go and I thought it wouldn't go anywhere. Then something changed, and I got into a classic DOx space, of high intensity, a lot energy and just the TMA-2 feel.
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that he and his friends felt that something changed a couple hours in, like the trip transformed or anything, this is what I'm talking about, I've experienced similar 'phenomena' on DOB & DOPr, it's hard to describe although I've tried on many occasions but once you know, you know... Anyway, that space is quite intoxicating, but you can think clearly and fairly calmly, however calm is possible with a clear amphetamine component.

Looking forward to reading your findings :)

Took my 25mg capsule of TMA-2 today and it was a very pleasant experience! I had minor physical safety concerns for a short period of time because my temperature regulation was quite off, but other than that it was a very good trip! TMA-2 felt like what TMA was trying to do but couldn't, at least at the dosages I've tried. Definitely more of a winner in comparison to TMA-1.

Will probably post my trip-report on here in a couple of days.

For anyone interested, here's my trip-report:

Tried TMA-2 on my latest birthday.

Was almost exactly as expected, it felt like a hybrid of Mescaline but with a 2C-Twist. My friend led me to believe it would be like a less analytical DOM which
I can kind of see, but to me it felt more like mescaline than anything else.

Personally, I loved it. At 42mg I had an OBE ego loss and came back to one of the most euphoric empathogenic and psychedelic states I've had in a long time..
Physically, it started off a bit shaky but after the OBE I felt so good. It was an energetic and emotional day for me so, I was actually able to sleep around the 10 hour mark. Next day i felt amazing.

Posted a report to erowid, though it will probably take some time to be published.

I am sad there is not an individual big and dandy for the separate TMA's, each of them will likely be quite different.

Note* I supposedly tried TMA-6 years ago and i thought it was terrible. Dysphoric and cloudy thinking with very little visual activity.

I guess back in the day, there was not considered enough information to warrant separate threads for the TMA series molecules. In fact back in those days, the 4-HO and 4-AcO esters were lumped into single threads, too. Some even thought there was no difference beyond duration between entirely different 4 sub tryptamine families. Me and the mods back many years ago spent many, many hours separating 4-HO-DiPT/4-AcO-DiPT (and others) into separate threads by hand. I guess there has never been enough information coming in to separate the TMA series into their own threads. I believe only TMA-2 and TMA-6 have ever been in the wild. But yeah I agree with you.

thanks for the report. :)