• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

That sounds very interesting and special, how much did you take and what was the set & setting? What kind of trip?

This was from a mere 25mg, but I'm kind of a lightweight with psychedelics. A dose of 20mg produced a relatively light and social trip for two friends, but 25mg for me was very intense and personal. I started off with it at a concert but left because of how meditative it was becoming and rode the rest of the trip out in my apartment.

The content of the trip was largely focused on purging past trauma and on treating my body with more respect. It was as if my body had a voice and was asking me to stop poisoning it. I carried on a dialogue with a Godlike voice that gave me a lot of insight and instruction. This was unusual as I'm not particularly religious, but the presence was as clear as day. Since the experience my substance abuse problems have improved substantially, and I've continued to purge more trauma throughout the week in sober reality. This has been difficult but also a huge relief.

In more general terms the trip was very similar to mescaline in many respects, but with a much deeper spiritual component and a very strong body load. The body load proved to be an extremely important part of the experience for me, though. It does seem like it's relatively unpredictable just based on the existing literature, so it's quite possible that it just happens to resonate particularly well with me.

Chiming in because of a stated desire for anyone having tried any member of the TMA series to chime in. My experiences with TMA-2 were not exceptional. I thought it was not as good as mescaline. But it was more mentally manageable and more visually active than mescaline. It definitely had a quality I refer to as the healing vibration, which is strong with mescaline and mushrooms and LSD and especially DMT, but it had an unpleasant sedating element to it and as I read someone in another forum say, it has a terrible comeup. In fact, during the first trip Shulgin had with it, he seemed to have a pretty rough time during the onset as well. During my last time taking it, I had 30mg and it seemed like it was less powerful than my earlier tries at 20 and 25. I had a gram of it, so it was all from the same batch. I can only assume that the identity of the material is correct because I could find no information about Marquis results for this compound, but it does correlate to the PIHKAL dosage and descriptions.

I did rather enjoy the experiences. I would liken it to MDA only it is more serious and more clear-headed, and unlike MDA, I felt fine the next day each time. I still have around 900mg left and not much desire to dip into it. Also it had a bit of a "more"ish quality to it, and because of this I did take it by nose one time toward the tail end of an oral TMA-2 trip, leading to a delightful return to peak but nothing stronger than that achieved by the oral dose. The last couple hours of it, I could still feel drug effects but I felt the psychedelic effects wore off well before the general feeling of having a drug in my system, which is an undesirable quality that it shares with 2C-P in my experience. This is why I tried "re-upping" the dose by nose, and while it did work for making me feel again like I was tripping and things were nice and sparkly, it prolonged the comedown, which is simply unavoidable.

I would do it again, but not while I have better things on hand.

Thanks for that, sounds really interesting and mescaline like yeah - was the body load important for the 'poisoning yourself' theme or more like an energy that felt related to the insightful effects?

Marquis should be light green for TMA-2 and yellow-orange (turning darker over minutes) for TMA-6.

Is the comeup hard like DOC's?

I think its a similar thing, I tried calamus root years ago, chewing it was pretty nasty but the effects were pretty good. No visuals but very stimulating, don't think I'd do it again because of the taste but made for a fun night. Also I drunk heaps of booze and it pretty much didn't effect me. I would put it more into the stimulant category than psychedelic.

By the sounds of the above posts I'm thinking maybe I just got placebo effects.

I have also had a small bag of TMA-2 for quite a few years. Only tried it twice at lowish doses and have then sort of forgotten about it since.
I rarely have time to trip anymore and when I do, I usually go for known winners like mushrooms, 2c-b or al-lad.

If I was to try it again I would probably plugging 25 mg or so, to reduce the come up time. Has anyone tried that ROA?

Thanks for that, sounds really interesting and mescaline like yeah - was the body load important for the 'poisoning yourself' theme or more like an energy that felt related to the insightful effects?

Marquis should be light green for TMA-2 and yellow-orange (turning darker over minutes) for TMA-6.

Is the comeup hard like DOC's?

The bodyload was only important insofar as it made me really think about my physical form. It drew the focus of my mental processes to the body and kept them there. The sensations were also highly localized, thus drawing my attention to my groin area or my kidneys or chin or whatever. I could visualize what I understood to be Chakras with eyes closed, even though I have only the vaguest understanding of what Chakras are purported to be. I could sort of feel the energy it filled me with getting "stuck" in different locations, almost like a knot would feel when giving a massage but in a more spiritual way. "Healing vibration" as achuma is a good way to put it, and now that you mention it the buzzing feeling did have some similarities to DMT's humming.

The comeup was pretty rough for me but that could've been setting. I was sitting in a small, packed room on a folding chair watching a free improvisation duet. By the time the set ended I was ready to get the hell out of there, as I could feel energy welling up and becoming blocked and uncomfortable by my posture and surroundings. I've never taken DO-anything so I can't comment on that. I did wonder if the physical sensations were part of the drug or a side effect of vasoconstriction, and wondering about that brought with it some anxiety.

The MDA comparison is interesting. I found them to be quite different from each other. I think one thing we can say for sure is this stuff is pretty unpredictable. I'll be curious to see if that's person-to-person or experience-to-experience or both. The 2C's are sometimes unpredictable IME, and this fits the 2,4,5 substitution pattern.

Thanks also for the marquis results Solipsis. I will check to make sure mine is indeed TMA-2. Mine is a tan powder that clumps together in little balls sort of like 2C's but less fluffy and sticky.

I have also had a small bag of TMA-2 for quite a few years. Only tried it twice at lowish doses and have then sort of forgotten about it since.
I rarely have time to trip anymore and when I do, I usually go for known winners like mushrooms, 2c-b or al-lad.

If I was to try it again I would probably plugging 25 mg or so, to reduce the come up time. Has anyone tried that ROA?

I have plugged TMA-6 and escaline. I dunno about reducing the come up time (maybe a bit),but it sure reduces body load/discomfort.

so did you get that TMA 2/6 from old dude ever? I actually think he was where my dude got the tma 6 from in 2012

Me? Are you talking about when I was was waiting for a vendor I already paid to synth various mescaline analogues? If so, no I never did and it was really disappointing. I did end up getting escaline and proscaline, 3C-E and 3C-P... all but the escaline are very high quality, the escaline I got tested and it appears to contain some escaline and a "forest of other peaks". I was supposed to get CPM (cyclopropylmescaline) too, which I was super excited about because PIHKAL makes it sound really good. And also was supposed to get AL, MAL, TMA-2 and TMA-6.

I'm curious about how some in the TMA-x series compare with the 'scalines now that they are more well known. Most of the comparisons here are to 2C-x, 2-CT-x, and DOx compounds.

It seems like by almost every account, TMA-x and 'scalines are all inferior to mescaline (although I'd venture that methallylescaline comes close.) Apart from that, the estimations are all over that map, from trash to ambrosia. I think it might be helpful if more people had prior experience with mescaline as a referent.

I took TMA-6 once, long ago, but I had a lot of tolerance at that point. I remember it feeling rather bland and featureless compared to mescaline. I would like to sample them, and more of the 'scalines. I almost had a chance to get CPM (cyclopropylmescaline - which in PIHKAL sounds maybe about as good as mescaline but much more potent), as well as TMA-2 and TMA-6... sadly, it fell through. That same source was also supposed to get allylescaline and methylallylescaline. I only ended up getting 3C-E, 3C-P, proscaline and escaline, and the escaline I had analyzed and it's very impure so I won't be taking it. Which is a bummer because escaline sounds similar to mescaline if somewhat inferior. I really like proscaline, it reminds me more of LSD than it does of mescaline though.

For me, TMA-6 is similar to DOC, but more cognitively unpredictable, somewhat less visual and harder on the body. I appear to be fairly sensitive to it, so 40 to 45 milligrams is sufficient for a solid trip. I prefer DOC, but TMA-6 is worthwhile nonetheless.

Regarding escaline, is your material the one that was sold in Spain a few years ago? BTW, thanks for your off-forum response last week. :)

I have a dislike for stimulants nowadays. I tried TMA and TMA-6? The latter being a tiny bit better but to me this series of drugs is just not worth it for me anymore. I'll look elsewhere.

Regarding escaline, is your material the one that was sold in Spain a few years ago?

Nope, it was from an email Chinese vendor, almost unbelievably cheap. The other stuff I got from that source was good, but the escaline is quite impure. I've only kept it in case I ever find a way to clean it.

I passed on the TMA-6 when I last saw it, but now I'm considering getting some TMA-2. I haven't decided yet. Part of me thinks that there's not much point in picking up another inferior mescaline analogue, part of me is excited just because it's an old rarity.

I'm curious to try it. I did try TMA-6 once a long time ago but had a lot of tolerance at the time and found it remarkable. Of course I may find it unremarkable without tolerance, I dunno.

Yeah, I decided against it. It might be nice, but the odds aren't great that it's as good as mescaline. Grey, neutral, speedscaline just doesn't sound like a necessity at this point.

True that. It seems like good mescaline analogues are hard to come by. Maybe it's just because the original is so fantastic.