• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy TMA Series Thread

thanks for the reply!
what would you expect to be the benefits of such a combo? the substances seem rather close in effects but differ in timeline...

Can anyone comment on the duration of TMA 6 when insufflated or plugged? There is one trip report on erowid which gives a suspiciously short duration of I think just a few hours for insufflation (as opposed to the 12+ hours when taken p.o.). I'm very interested in this substance but the 12+ hours isn't my thing...

Edit: on shroomery there's a guy wondering whether what he had was TMA 6, he snorted it and it lasted about 2 hours. Unsurprisingly he's baffled by the apparent difference in duration between oral and nasal of ~10 hours...

I'm experienced with TMA-6, and in my subjective experience its a three stage thing. At first I get 4 hours of stimulated merriness, then 4 hours where the trip is most pronounced, then 4+ hours of gradually descending effects. Vasoconstriction is significant with this one.

Personally I much rather combine a stimulant I like (buphedrone) with a psychedelic I like (psilocybin) to arrive at TMA-6 esque effects. I have used TMA-6 orally in the 5-30mg range (I'm highly sensitive to psychedelics, positively and adversely)

Last edited:
Interesting Asante. I'm thinking this is going to be my next experiment and it was supposed to have happened in the last week but proper set/setting never manifested. I'll get to it sometime though.

Is the vasoconstriction like DOx? (if you've tried them). I'm also highly sensitive to psychedelics; that tense come-up and body load can be very cumbersome for me. Once I get through it it's bliss, but until then it's a tight, cold ride.

I've also heard this one to be relaxing, kind of like 2C-B in character. So many conflicting reports with psychedelics, I guess the only way is to find out yourself.

I haven't tried DOx and if I will in the future it will be DOC. The duration is very offputting for me. TMA's are methoxylated amphetamines, so I would have no illusions about tranquility, to me its quite literally a stimulant psychedelic, and it is the vasoconstriction that keeps me from reaching higher. One thing I found with TMA-6 in the low dose range though, and that is that the feelings on the day after are pleasant to me, if there was a pill that would give me that day after feeling it would be pleasant as a drug on its own. Its residual stimulant effect combined with the "fresh" feeling of having your mind turned psychedelically.

^ Without getting too off-topic, that feeling that TMA-6 gave you the day after, have you experienced it with any other psychedelics? Phenethylamines in particular.

I'm just curious because I've yet to have any sort of real afterglow the day after phenethylamines. I either feel normal, or a little more tired than usual like if I'd been taking stimulants but kept the doses reasonably low. Tryptamines on the other hand always give me a wonderful afterglow - but I've never had that with phenethylamines at all, and I was wondering if it's just me, or if certain phenethylamines simply don't have it.

So is the consensus that TMA-2 has a worse body load but both 2 and 6 have somewhat bad vasoconstriction?

of the people who have done both, which one would you deem a more worthwhile compound? TMA-2? or TMA-6?

Got around to trying TMA-6 again, now without any tolerance. I think my 2 lasts trials were tainted because I'd been tripping a lot on various psychedelics around that time. Again dosage was around 40 mg oral.

This time come up was longer than I remembered, first notice came after an hour, but it was something like 3 hours to full effects. these first 3-4 hours were characterized by a languid tiredness, that made us leave the party we were at, and go home. mind state at this time was almost dissociative in nature.
Upon returning home we came into a phase of being more energetic and clear headed for 5-6 hours. Over all duration was 9-10 hours, with residual effects felt the rest of the day, as the compound was taken at night.
After some time we took some ketamine which synergized wonderfully. Highly recommendable mix ;)

This time I found it to be very stimulating at one point, but not in the sense of "stimulant" stimulating, but more in the way that 2C-P, DPT or 4-HO-DIPT are stimulating. I'm very sensitive to drugs that inhibit or release dopamine, serotonin or noradrenaline. And I can attest to that this is a pure psychedelic, and not any of the former.
My girlfriend did have some painfull muscle tension in her shoulder though. A hot bathtub proved to be the cure for this. These muscle tensions are also work related though, since she's been working to much infront of the PC.

CEV's were quite spectacular, But not really beautiful as such. More alien and bleak than with the 2c's.

OEV's was slight morping of surfaces, but again, much less than with any 2c I've had. Colours were reminescent of mescaline.

As with previous trials, I didn't notice any vasoconstriction what so ever.

Next time i'll up the dosage to 50 mg and improve the setting, like a walk in the forest or something. Or maybe just try 30 mg if I'm going to take it at a tranceparty.

I'd say it's a worthwhile chemical, with a high recreational potential. Mindstate is mostly quite merry and nutty. Will definetely take it again.

Last edited:
Any sense of peace or love?

I'm very excited to give TMA-6 a go but I'm really looking for the love lately.

Any sense of peace or love?

I'm very excited to give TMA-6 a go but I'm really looking for the love lately.
No, sorry, not at all in my opinion. I still think you should give it a go, if you have it.

I've only tried #6, but it seems to me that they are very similar, except dosage and side effects. If that is so, I don't think you can say any of them is more similar to mescaline than the others.

Also I don't think you should take any of the TMA's searching for a mescaline replacement. You'll just get disappointed.
Like many other of shulgins creations TMA is a much more futuristic and wierd drug.
I've only tried mescaline once (`Twas synthetic) so I'm not that experienced with it, but except the colors I didn't find much similarity. Mescaline is much more profound, peaceful and deep.

I'm not looking for a mescaline replacement because i've never done mescaline 8)

but I am having trouble deciding which one of these compounds I'm going to get, and I'm not trying to just get a recommendation lol because thats not allowed on bl

I had a dandy amount of TMA-6 for a while, and i was doing bumps of that to replace coffee, it wouldnt get very visual with me at all, it look like you were coming up on LSD, colors began to pop out at you.
And it was never a super duper stimmy, it felt like a very clean amphetamine that didnt at all make you uncomfortable.

It reminded me of being that slightly energetic and color enhancing side effect of most hallucinogens.
i normally kept it below 20 or 30 mg though

i liked it, it left a very spiritually reassured feeling, like you knew your place almost, and you loved where it was.

I'm not looking for a mescaline replacement because i've never done mescaline 8)

but I am having trouble deciding which one of these compounds I'm going to get, and I'm not trying to just get a recommendation lol because thats not allowed on bl
Reading this thread, TMA-6 sounds best imo.

@Bubbles19 Interesting, might try that sometime :)

Interesting Asante. I'm thinking this is going to be my next experiment and it was supposed to have happened in the last week but proper set/setting never manifested. I'll get to it sometime though.

Is the vasoconstriction like DOx? (if you've tried them). I'm also highly sensitive to psychedelics; that tense come-up and body load can be very cumbersome for me. Once I get through it it's bliss, but until then it's a tight, cold ride.

I've also heard this one to be relaxing, kind of like 2C-B in character. So many conflicting reports with psychedelics, I guess the only way is to find out yourself.

I recently aquired some tma-6. I believe I have two different batches, one white, one more grey/brown, although I am waiting on confirmation. Excited to try this one for sure, but I haaaaate come-up's as well. Long comeup's make me want to abort the whole thing, I start to forget it will eventually level off.

I will be plugging this, most likely in a 30-35mg dose. Possibly (most likely) in combination with mxe. Am going to wait for the right setting though. I don't think I would enjoy this one inside much at all. Will end up taking this somewhere outside before the summer is over. Most likely at a state forest/park near me. Excited!

TMA-6 is a serotonin agonist. I don't believe any studies have been done to determine whether it causes serotonin efflux (release).