• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Tiletamine Thread

you can most certainty hole from tiletamine! I brought 5mg of what I thought was mxe from a company I had brought from for the last 18 months with not a problem . My mxe arrived and I measured out my normal dose of 150 mg and took 100 mg of it and lay on the bed waiting for the warm blanket of mxe to wrap me up and take me to dissociative heaven. After about 30 minutes I noticed the come up was felt sharp and not warm like mxe normally does. (if that makes sense). I waited another 10 minutes, at this point I knew something was seriously wrong and that it wasn't mxe I had taken so tried to make myself vomit with no avail. So I lay back on my bed and decided to stay calm and ride it out. I was completely out of it I knocked my chest of draws over and fell on my bed, before I hit the mattress I was engulfed by a thousand white lights and I was gone for the next 2 hours only waking to vomit on my pillow. The only thing i remember was being in a black void that felt endless and malevolent and accelerating up and through white clouds into a gold sparkely sun Which felt false and evil. It was the most terrifying experience I've ever had with any drug even more than when I smoked 30mg of 5 meo dmt. That's as near to dying as I've ever felt, im just glad i didn't take the whole 150mg as im sure that would have pushed me right over the line. After a couple of hours i regained some sort of consciousness enough to realise i had trashed my room and had been sick all over my bed and had knocked my pride and joy my fishtank over and killed my favourite fish it took me a week to recover. I guessed it wasn't mxe but decided to test it again with just 10mg doses untill i holed it took about 50mg. I did this because In case it was indeed mxe and it had just reacted badly with something id eaten. The second test wasn't any better and it just felt cold, uneasy, with second rate visuals and just felt toxic. I Decided to send it off to warwick university to test and it because i was curious what this horrible substance was and come back as mostly being 2-ethylamino-2-(2-thienyl) cyclohexanone (tiletamine) so I contacted the vendor but they just denied everything and fed me a load of bullshit.
I think the tiletamine in the vials thats used in vetinary practice contains a benzo which might make it a bit more pleasant. I love almost all dissociatives but this one I can't see anything enjoyable about it and will never take it again.

Methoxetamine - Warm, cosy, comfortable floaty feeling with nice visuals and an afterglow that lasts into the next day

Tiletamine - Cold, edgy, nervous, uneasy floaty feeling and a terrible toxic feeling to the whole experience that lasts for days after.

So you can hole from it but i can't imagine why you would want to but what one man enjoys another may not and vice versa.
Have fun with whatever you do :D
Pretty reckless to just down 100 mg of some compound somebody sent you. What if they had mixed up the bags by mistake and sent you DOC instead? You would have been dead.

Tiletamine lasts quite a while longer than ketamine and makes you paranoid as fuck. While on it, I thought my friend was a Lousianna Voodoo psychic vampire zombie out who wanted to prey on my energy...I don't typically think like this.

Does anyone have information on Tiletamine?

Hello, is this the right thread location? Haven't really asked a question like this.

Does anyone have any knowledge\experience with tiletamine? (Telazol or not.)

Such as:

Duration?

Peak?

Dosages causing certain effects?

Any psychedelic elements?

Risks?

Pupil dilation?

Is a 't-hole' real and is it hellish\possible bliss?

Euphoria\in particular doses?

Possible ROAs\efficiency with it?

A general smell?

Comparable to other dissociatives?

Side effects, long term effects etc. Anything really. I am referring to usage in humans primarily and am aware it's schedule III in the states.
Yes, been to the wiki and to erowid and the depths of google.
I saw a thread from 2002 on bluelight and have done a fair amount of research, but I am just trying to gather some more information. Is the mechanism of action well established? (Tiletamine or Tiletamine w/ Zolazepam)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Tiletamine is a dissociative NMDA antagonist similar to ketamine. It's fairly frequently used in veterinary anaesthesia I believe, and in human anaesthesia in the US. Sometimes it's sold as street ketamine here in the UK but it's really unpopular as it's generally considered to be much less recreational - people in EADD have described it as "cold, mechanical and unpleasant". It tends to form cuboid crystals rather than the usual shards so if someone suspects they may have tiletamine rather than ketamine that's one thing to look out for. General consensus seems to be to avoid it so I would be careful.

That's about all I know. No idea about dosage etc, have you looked on Erowid? It shouldn't cause miosis (pupillary constriction) as far as I am aware. I doubt it would cause any euphoria by the sounds of it.. it does have psychedelic effects if you consider ketamine's dissociative effects to be "psychedelic" but as I mentioned, most people consider it to be inferior to ketamine and not particularly recreational. I've not tried it myself.

As tiletamine is a dissociative it is covered by Psychedelic Drugs rather than BDD, so I'm going to move it over there - perhaps your other questions can be answered :)

BDD > PD

Its more potent than ketamine, so watch out.
and it is usually mixed with other drugs (thats if you got vials from vet)so it could be a bit dangerous.
But if you know your source good then noo worries.
Be safe!

Mega-merged B&D for you. We may want to update the dosage range suggestion for the OP but I have no clue and no time right now to investigate.

you can most certainty hole from tiletamine! I brought 5mg of what I thought was mxe from a company I had brought from for the last 18 months with not a problem . My mxe arrived and I measured out my normal dose of 150 mg and took 100 mg of it and lay on the bed waiting for the warm blanket of mxe to wrap me up and take me to dissociative heaven. After about 30 minutes I noticed the come up was felt sharp and not warm like mxe normally does. (if that makes sense). I waited another 10 minutes, at this point I knew something was seriously wrong and that it wasn't mxe I had taken so tried to make myself vomit with no avail. So I lay back on my bed and decided to stay calm and ride it out. I was completely out of it I knocked my chest of draws over and fell on my bed, before I hit the mattress I was engulfed by a thousand white lights and I was gone for the next 2 hours only waking to vomit on my pillow. The only thing i remember was being in a black void that felt endless and malevolent and accelerating up and through white clouds into a gold sparkely sun Which felt false and evil. It was the most terrifying experience I've ever had with any drug even more than when I smoked 30mg of 5 meo dmt. That's as near to dying as I've ever felt, im just glad i didn't take the whole 150mg as im sure that would have pushed me right over the line. After a couple of hours i regained some sort of consciousness enough to realise i had trashed my room and had been sick all over my bed and had knocked my pride and joy my fishtank over and killed my favourite fish it took me a week to recover. I guessed it wasn't mxe but decided to test it again with just 10mg doses untill i holed it took about 50mg. I did this because In case it was indeed mxe and it had just reacted badly with something id eaten. The second test wasn't any better and it just felt cold, uneasy, with second rate visuals and just felt toxic. I Decided to send it off to warwick university to test and it because i was curious what this horrible substance was and come back as mostly being 2-ethylamino-2-(2-thienyl) cyclohexanone (tiletamine) so I contacted the vendor but they just denied everything and fed me a load of bullshit.
I think the tiletamine in the vials thats used in vetinary practice contains a benzo which might make it a bit more pleasant. I love almost all dissociatives but this one I can't see anything enjoyable about it and will never take it again.

Methoxetamine - Warm, cosy, comfortable floaty feeling with nice visuals and an afterglow that lasts into the next day

Tiletamine - Cold, edgy, nervous, uneasy floaty feeling and a terrible toxic feeling to the whole experience that lasts for days after.

So you can hole from it but i can't imagine why you would want to but what one man enjoys another may not and vice versa.
Have fun with whatever you do :D
Interesting...

I also ordered 5 g of MXE from the UK right before the ban, I guess it was about a year ago? It was allegedly a synth from a European laboratory, as opposed to previous batches which had been Asian if I'm not mistaken.

After taking a smallish or moderate sized dose, I don't remember exactly but in the range of 30-50 mg, it became apparent that there was something wrong with this material. The words I would use to describe the feeling would be indeed cold and toxic. It did feel like a dissociative drug of some kind but not like MXE. I also gave a sample to an acquaintance who was eager to try it, even though I told him this batch was either of very low quality or not MXE at all. Later he told me it was indeed the shittiest MXE so far and he hadn't enjoyed it at all. Fortunately I still had enough lush proper MXE at the time, so I put this faulty stuff aside and haven't touched it since.

I contacted the vendor about the bad quality and they told me where their MXE originated from. After reading davesquirrel's post I did some research and without going into too much detail, it seems this stuff might have come from the same place as his faulty fake MXE. I have also done business with the supplier in question and have absolutely no complaint about their service or the quality of their other chemicals (including other batches of MXE).

:\

As tiletamine is a dissociative it is covered by Psychedelic Drugs rather than BDD, so I'm going to move it over there - perhaps your other questions can be answered :)

BDD > PD

Thank you, effie!

^I'd say say you'd have to slab psychosis on top of the trip to consider it schizophrenic like, but I'd never go into a trip expecting schizophrenic like symptoms. It does create somewhat of a manicish high if that's what people mean when they say schizophrenia, for MXE that is, I wouldn't say ket. Can't speak of behalf of tiletamine. Seeing as ketamine is being used in experimental treatment for depression\mania.

Hello, is this the right thread location? Haven't really asked a question like this.

Does anyone have any knowledge\experience with tiletamine? (Telazol or not.)

Such as:

Duration?

Peak?

Dosages causing certain effects?

Any psychedelic elements?

Risks?

Pupil dilation?

Is a 't-hole' real and is it hellish\possible bliss?

Euphoria\in particular doses?

Possible ROAs\efficiency with it?

A general smell?

Comparable to other dissociatives?

Side effects, long term effects etc. Anything really. I am referring to usage in humans primarily and am aware it's schedule III in the states.
Yes, been to the wiki and to erowid and the depths of google.
I saw a thread from 2002 on bluelight and have done a fair amount of research, but I am just trying to gather some more information. Is the mechanism of action well established? (Tiletamine or Tiletamine w/ Zolazepam)

Thanks.

Tiletamine @ an EDM after party

Dosage: 70mg
Combinations: Needlepoint LSD 200mcg [Already wared off but slight after effects and visuals were present], and small doses of cannabis

Duration: 3-4 hours

Peak: 1-2 hours into the T-Trip

Dosages causing certain effects: I snorted 70mg [Expecting it to be K] and felt completely disassociated after 30 minutes but did not make it into a T-Hole.
Felt stupid, clumsy, and confused especially when I expected it to be K. I attempted to talk to party goers at the after party and it was awkward because I couldn't get out words most of the time.

Any psychedelic elements: Similar to MXE but not really. Brighter colors, walls shifting.

Is a 't-hole' real and is it hellish\possible bliss: I believe you can reach a t-hole. This shit is a powerful dis associative. And I was in a hellish state of mind. Very uncomfortable, I would not enjoy being in a T-hole.

Euphoria\in particular doses: Slight euphoria at times. It comes in waves. I felt good at times talking to party-goers then felt shitty, awkward, confused, and stupid again.

A general smell: Different from K. It is more of a chalky drip when snorted also.

Side effects, long term effects etc: Later on in my partying years, I met this man at a festival that explained to me that he was abusing this substance for a while, but ended up quitting his abuse of the drug. He has noticeable long term effects, like eye twitching every half minute to a minute [Tremors, and tonic spasms] from long term use in which he admitted thats what Tiletamine does to you.

This drug is complete garbage. Its a very dirty long lasting ketamine feeling. Be careful out there people. A lot of people are selling this stuff as K and you take a bump and you think its K at first but its not, and it ends up lasting 3-4 hours of awkward confusion.

Next day I felt spacey and fried, but the next day or two I felt normal again

Be careful everyone !!

Last edited:
This is an old thread, it needs a good reason for resurrection. Here it is.

I have been going all over the web looking at the very few Tiletamine reports there were. Almost all of them, including many who said they had the real thing, were Telazol (Tell Us All) type mixtures of half Tel, half Zolazepam, intended to have a benzo blackout overshadow the dissociative experience to prevent animals freaking out. This obviously causes excess zombification, memory holes, enhanced addictiveness and compulsiveness, diminished entheogenic effects.

I got a big observation I saw mentioned nowhere online, here it is:

Tiletamine is the thienyl version of O-PCE. It is O-TCE.
Likewise, O-PCE is the phenyl version of Tiletamine.
Tiletamine is to O-PCE what TCP is to PCP

O-PCE is big, now that MXE is out of the picture.
Tiletamine is likely similar to O-PCE, a tad more potent and a bit shorter acting (thiophene metabolizes faster than benzene) that O-PCE and likely a tad more stimulant.

Tiletamine = O-TCE

Its probaly not nearly as fun as MXE and definitely "not for everyone" but I think that people appreciating O-PCE might appreciate O-TCE if it came without the ubiquitous benzodiazepine wallop.

I don't want to be in a benzo blackout, but if I have to be, then certainly not on a strong dissociative. This is why we keep benzo doses very low on dissociatives, to avoid going off the rails.

Interestingly O-PCE is rapidly soluble in water, so Tiletamine will likely be also.

Its something I'd like to play with a quarter gram with, scross 24 hours, in 15mg rectal doses.

I had experiences with "Low quality mxe" that are extremely similar to the ones described in this thread. three other friends also tried it and reported the same toxic effects. I'm pretty sure that it was tiletamine now, I wouldn't take it if I were you.

ALright I have a source for this is worth buxyng evnen i just as a collectors item?

And rir you just guess I lvove it more than opce

I know this is an old thread but it’s the B&D so here goes.

.The reports seemed mixed on this one- from cold and mechanical dissociation with flu like symptoms the next day, to glowing reports of strong anesthetic and dissociation properties with vivid hallucinations and lasting antidepressant effects. So I figured there was really only one way to find out how it’d go for me (and it’s one of a limited number of available dissos here so... why not?)

I’d read it’s much more potent than ketamine so I started small at 5 then 10 mg intranasally (of this white crystalline powder), on separate occasions a week apart after an initial allergy test. I was always sure to crush the crystal to powder. I found these small doses came on within 10-15 minutes, peaking by ~30 min for maybe another 30-60mins before a very long decent to baseline.

30 mg less than 1 week later had me wonky yet functional. It was rather cold and analytical but given its functionality I eventually found myself doing some yoga (made more difficult by my loss of coordination) to some psytrance. It was serene. This dose came on quickly with first alerts in a couple of minutes (my tinnitus flared like only dissos tend to do) and a strong dissociation by 15. Walking wasn’t too bad and I even managed a short hike around t3... but navigating muddy hills was hilarious in my state. Once off the peak I had a slow decent to baseline around about t8 but I felt rather stimulated afterwards. The next day I had some lingering dissociation and didn’t feel all that great, I was hot and felt kinda icky. But I chalked it up to too much vaping (of nicotine).

I didn’t really notice any of these negative side effects in the days after I increased the dose to 40 or 25+25 (separated By a couple of minutes). But again it lacked the warmth I remember k and there was an even longer tail end with even more pronounced lingering dissociation the next day. But honestly it felt more like an afterglow than a hangover

I also often felt compelled to dose again on these larger doses, to keep it going, but often just small bumps of 5-10-15 mg spaced throughout the day/night. Sometimes even continuing into the third day. (Not usual going beyond 4 doses total a day)

It’s hard to say whether this compulsion was from the substance or the strong pull I feel towards dissociatives.

So...I blew through that first order of 500mg in about a month dosing as such. I enjoyed it, despite the “cold dissociation” and wanted to order more but I figured I should wait a bit before getting more. For obvious reasons haha

A month wasn’t enough of a reset though, as 40 mg didn’t get me where I had expected. Again, being compulsive, I blew through 100mg in 3 doses on day 2. The doses were spaced a few hours apart. Seemingly adding quite a bit to the experience, rather than the severe diminishing returns I expected . In fact I was rather unresponsive after the last dose on day 2. We were playing video games When quickly it became impossible as I was lost in My thoughts. I’m not sure if I’d call it a “hole” but its got to be close. There was no way I was getting up or functioning

So this past weekend, a week after my last experience, I took 70 mg (30, 20, 20) followed by 30 mg on day two. A couple hours after my dose on day 2 I was incredibly shakey in my hands/arms. This persisted, somewhat, into the next day. Despite copious amounts of magnesium. I even notice it to a very small degree some 5 days later.

Unfortunately I had not read this b&d to see others had experienced this side effect but was prompted to look in the index after reading similar reports on Reddit . This was reported to be pure Tiletamine (not mixed with Benzos) but admittedly I have yet to have it properly lab tested.

I should add I always had what I imagined were tinges of pain in my bladder on day 2 and day 3. I’ve never had an issue before but I’d wager the damage is cumulative (?). Also, worth noting my nose was never too bad in the days after dosing but it’d be congestion with a bit of blood.

til;dr
I enjoy Tiletamines effects. It’s potent per mg and in its effects, even if they’re not as magical as other dissos. Despite its strong dissociation during the peak its rather stimulating and functional afterwards. Often the long tail end and following days are pleasant. But be mindful, sometimes higher doses have produced shakes, bladder issues and a sore nose into the next day, for me. I passed it off to a friend to hold onto so I don’t get carried away again. I’ll revisit in a few months with only a single moderately high dose...

Finally, I’m curious to know if others have experienced anything similar (in regards to the shakes) with other dissos or is this just some intrinsic side effect of “Tiletamine”? (Or perhaps it’s just exasperating the physical symptoms from my alcohol withdrawal, which I’ve read came continue for weeks after cessation - I’m almost at 3 weeks now, yay).

Last edited:
@tired of crap @dus_aster
I did alot of tiletamine a few times.
Doses that people on BL called bullshit but...why would i lie?
Granted, my disso tolerance is almost unheard of. Nothing to be proud of.

Re: the shakes...
I defo had them, it was weird, i remember describing the feeling as being a small dog lying on a vets table sub anethasied(sp) and it wasnt nice.
Not sure where im going, im drunk, jus sayin, the shakes are definitely real. And i dont know why.

Tiletamine sucks tbh.

Thanks for the in-depth report! Please consider posting this in Trip Reports too, we don't have a lot of reports on

Re: the shakes...
I defo had them, it was weird, i remember describing the feeling as being a small dog lying on a vets table sub anethasied(sp) and it wasnt nice.
iirc your shakes were during the experience? Did you ever have them reoccuring after a binge/when not "high"?

Mine persisted for weeks.
Adding taurine and NAC to my usual dose of magnesium (which did nothing after the first two binges) signficantly reduced the severity and duration of my shakes. They were pretty well gone after 2 weeks as opposed to 4 weeks after the previous binge

So Ive been drinking again lately.
Last 3 weeks Ive reduced my consumption significantly (by about 2/3rds). However, last week was about on par and I drunkenly ordered more of this under the guise of "this will help me quit drinking".

Plan is to stick to IR doses as others (Asante, iirc) have mentioned its far more "psychedelic" than with In dosing (which I find to be quite compulsive. Ill be sure to update