View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

yaesutom

Bluelighter
Does anyone know, what is the least amount of solution needed, of either alcohol, or water, or a mix (vodka, for ex.) to dissolve 1mg of 5-meo-dipt in? Would one milligram (or whatever) fit into one "drop" of some solution?
I don't have a milligram accurate scale, i've dissolved 5-meo-dipt in larger solutions fine. I (and i'm sure everyone) hates the taste of this stuff, its horrible! I would like to be able to drip drops of 5-meo-dipt, on some other thing like flour (or another solid that can absorb the little bit of water/alcohol), so we can put a dose (or half a dose) into a capsule, so we don't have to taste it..
I suppose I could take a good amount of 5-meo-dipt, say 250mg, and just keep dropping drops in, until i can get it all dissolved, then maybe add a little more. But, if anyone already knows how much can fit into a "drop", i'd appreciate the advice!
Mod's Note: I just can't stand when people call it 'foxy'. I had to change it. Carry on.
[ 22 July 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]
--------------------------------------------------

Mega-Thread Notice!

This will be our official thread for solubility discussion. Psychedelics and dissociatives only, of course.

Since the topic of liquid measurement technique goes hand in hand with many solubility issues, I'll also go ahead and make official my personal stance on it: Liquid measurement technique is only worth a damn if a scale of reasonable accuracy is used to confirm the initial quantity of the substance to be dissolved. That said, let's have this thread focus on solubility, not an explanation of liquid measurement for n00bs. If you need help with the measurement technique, please start a thread in Drug Basics, or add to this one. This page will also serve as a useful guide. If you're trying to properly execute liquid measurement technique and you need to know how accurate your scale should be for initial measurements, please post in this thread.

Please post questions and answers about solutions, or feel free to post about your own experiences out of the blue. All BLers are welcome to help with this, since I get the feeling it might be kind of a pain. I'll browse DB and PD for more potential mergers later today.

If anyone wants to post links to suggested threads for this little project, I'll be putting you on my personal list of badasses. Once a mod decides on whether or not to merge the suggested thread, your link will be deleted for the sake of keeping things clean, but we'll be sure to give you credit for the suggestion.

edit: seethe = badass. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
5-MeO-DiPT

Hard to say... this would depend on what solvent you used, the temperature, purity of the 5-MeO-DIPT, etc.
I think you'd need more than "a drop" with most solvents.

5-MeO-DiPT

pour out some solution and add the 5-meo-dipt, and just add more solution if it hasn't all dissolved. It's logic.

Filling caps. If you took 200mg of 5-meo-dipt then added that to 1800mg of filler, is it possable to blend them together enough to make a formula that is consistant enough to fill 10 200mg caps and expect there to be 20mg of 5-meo-dipt in each cap? Or would you end up having too much in some and not enough in others?
If it can not be blended consistant enough can the mixture be dilluted in water, then stir the water, then dry it out back into a crystal form without changing any of the chemical proporties of the 5-meo-dipt?

> If you took 200mg of 5-meo-dipt then added that to
> 1800mg of filler, is it possable to blend them
> together enough to make a formula that is
> consistant enough to fill 10 200mg caps and expect
> there to be 20mg of 5-meo-dipt in each cap?
If you had powders of exactly even particle size/density, and put the mixture into a pharmaceutical mixer for a few days... this would work. However, working with just home equipment, you would not be able to get an even mix. Some caps would be very strong and some very weak. If you dont have access to a scale, just use the liquid technique. Nothing else will work that well.

Lotsa: You would definitely end up having too much in some and not enough in others. Very dangerous!

5-MeO-DiPT

i won't get into the selling thing...
the person i know generally tries to get folks maximally informed (here, read this blurb from tihkal/erowid/lycaeum/whatever) and then gives it away to willing test subjects (in a closed course by professional drivers)... but anyways...
for transportation purposes once, dissolved 5meo-dipt into 151 vodka dropwise (to be dropped onto sugar cubes)... the stuff is very soluble in high proof alcohol... i think like 5 mg per drop, 2 drops per cube, wrapped in foil... transported well, 20 mg was noticable but not overwhelming...
so dissolve a known amount into a counted # of drops of high-proof booze (ex: 100 mg into 25 drops hot vodka ---> ~4mg/drop)(if you warm the booze it will dissolve more quickly, but may be evaporating as you stir & dropwise deposit the charged solution onto the waiting carrier...)
ymmv...
void where prrohibited by law...

Storage of 5-meo-Dipt in H2O?

So, a friend aquired 1 gram of 5-meo-Dipt. He was wondering how long it would stay active(would it degrade), and in solution, in 1000mL of distilled water. Also, he could be holding on to this solution for many months, so take that into account..

5-MeO-DiPT

Although it would work (to my knowledge, I could be wrong) it is not a good idea for long term storage. Water will grow mold and/or bacteria tainting your 5-MeO-DIPT
If you were to do this same thing and use alcohol (the higher the proof the better IMO) then you could have it for much longer. Alcohol does not go bad like water will.
Hope this helps

5-MeO-DiPT

^^^^^
Agreed. To answer your question though...nobody knows how long 5-MeO-DiPT will remain stable in water because no one has ever tested that out. It has only been available to the masses within the past 3 years or so and no long-term storage investigations have occured. If you do keep it in a solution, be it alcohol or water, store it in the freezer. This will ensure it will last longer.

5-MeO-DiPT

i kept a gram in distilled water in an amber glass bottle in a paper bag in the fridge for a while last year. i only took it out about once a month to refill a dropper bottle. over the course of about 6 months it got noticeably weaker. in the end it lost about half its potency and i ended up tossing it out. it’s a pretty crappy chem to begin with, and the body load vs dose/response just got out of whack.

5-MeO-DiPT

I kept 100 mg in distilled water, in (laff all you want) an empty Sobe bottle, for about 8 months in the end...the 18 mg felt like 14...which is about what i wanted anyways. I dont regret it, since its really cheap and if someone drank out of my fridge and ingested foxy id feel kidna bad, and get sued respectively.

5MeO-AMT question?

I hate to ask another of these questions but i could not find info on it so here it goes whats the least amount of solvent can 1g of 5MeO-AMT be dissolved in and what solvent would be best yet easyly obtainable would 10ml work with just water or some grain alcohol.

5-MeO-AMT

I presume, that you have the freebase of 5-meo-amt...
That means that it will be insoluble in water and soluble in ethanol(grain alcohol). Dissolve say 100 mg's in 100 mL of pure alcohol. That way you can easy dispense a precise amount without having to drink to much.
I dont think anyone has measured the solubility of this chemical in any solvents...
But i know from experince that grain alcohol works nice!!
Good luck

5-MeO-AMT

I read recently of someone else who had attempted dissolving 5-Meo-AMT in water with no success. Ethanol, methanol, DCM, and chloroform should all work. Obviously, if you want to ingest this after it is dissolved, your only real option is ethanol. If using ethanol, you want to use the highest proof available. If you can get it, then use Everclear. However, the only state in the northeast that I know sells it is CT. The amount of ethanol needed to dissolve the substance will depend on the proof. If it were 100% (200proof) then the maximum amount you could dissolve would be around 1g/ml.
BTW, I was recently thinking that it would be very useful if someone put together a solubility chart for all of the RCs available.

5-MeO-AMT

i dissolved 25mg, roughly measured from 250mg, into 50 mg of slightly warm water. if i recall correctly not all of it disolved, but the vast majority did, just slowly; after an hour or so and some shaking here and there. now as to how wise it is to keep alpha-o in water over a long period of time is another question. the grain alcohol would more likely be your best bet.

5-MeO-AMT

Isopropyl alcohol will work, but make sure you evaporate all of the alcohol before you consume your alpha-O. Isopropyl alcohol is not good to ingest. Even the bums on the street know that. You're best to stick with ethyl alcohol.

Solubility of 5-MeO-DiPT HCl

Does anyone know what is the least amount of distilled water{solvent}that can dissolve 1000mg of 5-Meo-DiPT HCl(solute)? Is distilled water preferably the best choice as a solvent...any other options? Will increasing the temperature of the solvent help in the formation of the solution?I know this is another 5-MeO-DiPT question, but I don't care.

5-MeO-DiPT

Use alcohol as it will be a more stable liquid to keep it stored in, and will discourage the growth of bacteria. I got 100 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT to disolve in 50 ml of water with no problems. It seems pretty soluble. But again, I'd use alcohol. And make sure you keep the solution out of heat and light. The fridge or even the freezer is the best place to store it.

4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DET

I have been told 4-aco-dipt + 4-aco-det both are unstable in water. Does anyone have any information on this? I found a mention at erowid, but no real data. If h2o can't be used, any idea what else the solution should be made with?