• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Solubility & Stability Thread

5-Meo-AMT

Hmm i am assuming if i bought 500mg then the amount i receive would be around that, the person previous to me will have weighed it out accurately on proper scales, i'm guessing at least accurate to +-.1mg. If it was bought from a web site, wouldn't they have weighed it pretty accurately, what do you think the error level they work to would be?

Therefore for say 500mg of 5-meo-amt dissolved in 500ml water would give fairly accurate dosing with a measuring syringe. If dosing in 1ml increments the error wouldn't be enough to worry about.

I'm not sure evolve's suggestion of dissolving a known amount in a certain volume would be accurate enough for our purposes without accurate measuring equipment.

Further if i have to dissolve the full 500mg at the start to ensure accurate dosing are there then storage problems. I estimate 500mg might do a year plus. Would keeping it for that long risk it breaking down? Say losing 10% loss was ok if it meant dosing could be accurate.

SKJ Just a Taste... (links to 5-meo-amt report)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ernestrome said:
Hmm i am assuming if i bought 500mg then the amount i receive would be around that, the person previous to me will have weighed it out accurately on proper scales, i'm guessing at least accurate to +-.1mg. If it was bought from a web site, wouldn't they have weighed it pretty accurately, what do you think the error level they work to would be?

this is a poor assumption at best and a disaster waiting to happen at worst. vendors are human too, and mistakes happen. not trying to lecture, just from personal experience, i know that vendors have been known to ship more product then advertized. these aren't major chemical distributors, they are often 'garage' operations, and mistakes happen. +/-.1mg is a joke. i have personally seen overage of up to 50mg. have you ever seen 50mg of 5-MeO-DiPT for instance? its nothing, barely there. again, especially with something like Alpha-O, an acurate milligram scale is essential..

Ernestrome said:
I'm not sure evolve's suggestion of dissolving a known amount in a certain volume would be accurate enough for our purposes without accurate measuring equipment.

Actually, I meant to ask if you had an unknown amount of a chemical, could you determine it's weight by slowly adding a known volume of liquid until all is dissolved, provided you knew the maximum solubility of that chemical in that liquid at room temperature.

I have a feeling that this wouldn't be very feasible, but if you added say 1 ml to a pile of chemical X and got everything to dissolve, wouldn't you be able to say, that liquid contains no more than 20 mg of chem X, if it's known solubility was 20 mg/ml?

2C-B

I've read about people expecting 500mg of a chemical and receiving 1000mg!
Get a scale!

A bit off-topic but has anybody ever effectively dissolved 2c-b and what have they used?

2C-B

^^^^
Waaay off topic,anyway i haven't done it personally but distilled water should be fine.
I actually read a post a couple of hours ago by steve elektro(i think) that he mentioned Iv 2c-b,it sounded like he enjoyed it!

Where would someone find the solubility data for alot of these chems?Is this information readily available?

Ok, i'll probably be able to get access to a scale in the near future.
Taking the dangers of that assumption as heeded, what about stuff to dissolve freebase tryptamines in?

I have a feeling that this wouldn't be very feasible, but if you added say 1 ml to a pile of chemical X and got everything to dissolve, wouldn't you be able to say, that liquid contains no more than 20 mg of chem X, if it's known solubility was 20 mg/ml?

Possibly, that's what i envisaged you meant, i don't think it would be accurate enough.

5-MeO-AMT

i dissolved 5meoamt once in water. it went fine into 1mg/ml solution. i dont know if this is the best way to store it though.

2C-B

sgurd said:
A bit off-topic but has anybody ever effectively dissolved 2c-b and what have they used?
Yep, it dissolves fine in water.
aloowishus said:
I actually read a post a couple of hours ago by steve elektro(i think) that he mentioned Iv 2c-b,it sounded like he enjoyed it!
Yes, very much so!
My god, the rainbows!
=D

5-MeO-MiPT

How about 5-meo-mipt? I tried disolving it - it wouldn't disolve in either water, or vodka.

Why dose the chemicals become less stable in alcohol? ex 80proof vodka.

Liquid Measurement for 2C-I and other PEAs

I just received 100mg of 2C-i a couple days ago. I was wondering if the 100mg of 2C-i mixed in 100ml of water is a safe way to measure the doses for me and my friends? I am guessing it is because I was advised by a few people on here to do that. However, I also wanted to know if this works for all Phenethylamines?

MOD's NOTE: I changed the title to make it relate more to the topic

I would use more water so the doses will be more accurate. Actually I'd use alcohol as water may not preserve the molecule as well. But if you use water, use distilled water. Not tap water. Tap water has a high PH, making the 2C-I hard to disolve and it has chlorine. Distilled water is pure and has a neutral PH.

I have no experience with liquid measurement, but with the amount of variables already inherent in taking a KNOWN dose of a RC, I see no need to add more in the mix with things like solubility and such. Please, buy a scale. This may be my opinion, but if you arent willing to buy a scale, maybe you shouldnt be so willing to swallow an unknown dose of a drug that our medical professionals no NOTHING about.

A milligram scale for $150 Here is a scale priced just right. Let your initial reaction to the price help you decide whats right for you. If you are serious about this stuff, the price will seem like nothing compared to the $700 jobs, but if you are just trying to get off, this price isnt worth it for you.

maybe you shouldnt be so willing to swallow an unknown dose of a drug that our medical professionals no NOTHING about.

Since when do many medical professionals know more than a small paragraph worth of a material about any drug they prescribe anyways? That's if they even know anything besides what diagnosis it's used to treat.

All I know is that I know more about my ailments and drugs to alleviate negative symptoms than any of the doctors I've ever had at Kaiser Permanente.

Hmmm... What if you only have a scale that goes to 100mg(+- 5mg)..? Liquid Volume is safe and more efficient than buying a new scale.

youre a mod and you are recommending liquid measure? sure its safe if you are responsible, but then again if you are responsible you wouldnt bitch about buying a new scale. and as for the previous post, im glad you are so confident.