View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Art/Poetry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer MilkDrop to G-force. Just search for MilkDrop... it's a Winamp visualizer plugin.

Here's a cannabis-inspired virtual collage I threw together in The GIMP.

cannavision3.jpg

*EDIT* Updated to new version.

The first time I tripped on acid (at TheAppleCore's house), I looked at a print of this picture for the longest time. It's incredibly beautiful. However, the owl started to become more and more intimidating longer I looked at it. Its stare is intense...

This (thread) may be the greatest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Yeah, I'm really proud of this thread... I started it a few years back and I absolutely love it. <3 We've had more participation than I ever could have expected.

abearwithno2maskpreform.jpg
:) mmmyes the 2c-i bear with a nitrous mask preforming surgery on himself in the woods

Last edited:
dmtmuch.jpg

this is the jist of what i get on dmt minus the color and intricacy

Niburu, I love those! Did you make them?

I always love visiting this thread. :)

Yes I did. Thanks!

I made them using the mathmap plugin for the freeware program GIMP. You can take an image, or set of images and manipulate them using mathematical formulae to put them onto a conformal map. Sometimes I use photos that I take myself, or images downloaded off of the net, or light micrographs (some of my favourite things to work with) and sometimes I generate images with a simple fractal generator or other sort of image generator and manipulate them in various ways, often layering them with different blending methods to get different effects. Usually though (but not always), I use at least one layer that comes from nature, as chaotic natural geometry is sort of what I'm after.

That's awesome. I've heard of GIMP... I should get it and try it out.

1486471_940_0401701ee8_l.jpg

3252598574_f21963acc7.jpg

These are brilliant man, really fucking great :) :):):) I am working on a dark/black ambient album atm; this is eactly the sort of desolate beauty I am trying to make into music. Please post some more! :)

you make dark ambient eh swilow? it seems to be a growing thing....growling, coiling, rotting, plundering... :D

skeletons, deserts, apothicaries, earths, light, starts, birth, cosmisity! fuckin lovin it bro!!!!! keep em commin

Status
Not open for further replies.