PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Art/Poetry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture2300.jpg

Picture2301.jpg

a painting/collage i recently finished, painted the colored oil spill parts during my first mescaline experience, really fun

inspired by Oliver Vernon, www.oliververnon.com check em out

Last edited:
AMAZING! this whole thread, ridiculous! crazy! *falls over* AMAZING. the bluelight community is so creative & talented.

I realize that's a hand, but what else is going on in that picture?

OH! Awesome. I will have to check out this thread in its entirety later. I posted this in the Off Topic Journal in DC because I couldn't think of anywhere else. Hopefully it will be appreciated here as well. While its not art, I find it incredibly trippy to study while tripping.

attractive_article.jpg

An average of 15 female faces rated as attractive
Credit: The Face Research Lab

Xorkoth said:
I realize that's a hand, but what else is going on in that picture?
Hand, holding a sharp steel "objet d'art" w/ some poster in the background.
All coincidental (didn't look through the objective), including the colors.
Unedited.

sunsm01fh5.jpg

Return of the Sun
The photo was taken at sunrise last year on Return of the Sun the day after the shortest day of the year when the sun makes its return into the northern sky.

Psychedelic Inspired Art

Since I find no real forum for posting art inspired by psychedelic entheogenic plant substances or their use or created while under such influence, I thought I would post this thread in the Psychedelics forum. If someone sees fit to move it to another forum more appropriate then please do so.

Here for Blue Light, I have created a shroom visual which I call the Shroomy Visual Coat of Arms.

shroomyvisual16abc.jpg

I will not post this image elsewhere so it was made exclusively for viewers at this site.

Other art by me can be seen at:

60 images

http://www.mushroomjohn.org/truecolors.htm

and over 3,000 images at:

http://www.releasethereality.com/mjart.html

mjshroomer

hope you all enjoy my visual techniques,

Thank yo and have a shroomy day

Hey, I like that a lot Shroomer.....we should make that the PD Coat of Arms if its somehow possible =D

Anyway, I'm going to merge this in with the Big and Dandy Psychedelic Art/Poetry thread.....but aye, feel free to keep posting such pictures!

Hi Swilow,

I was told by a member to post it in a different forum, but I posted it as Psychedelic Inspired Art after my cd-rom before I knew this forum was here.

Yes you may use this for the PD coat of arms.

I will post more here later on and I will try to post only images I have not post anywhere else.

I made this and a series of 24 images over the holidays so I will [post another in a few minutes.

mjshroomer

Glad you like it

this art is all so amazing!

i like the trippy self portraits and the one of the girl with the hair and necalace. thats what it looks like in the mirror sometimes ;)

A Thorn in My Mind I and II

Damien8787,

I just have to say that your girl image is beautiful. Really well done. I like it a lot. Perfection. Thats what it reminds me of. A perfect being

Now, More fractals of a thorny nature from my mind

Thorny image I:
athorninmymind1.jpg

and

Thorny image II:
athorninmymind2.jpg

mjshroomer

mjshroomer said:
Damien8787,

I just have to say that your girl image is beautiful. Really well done. I like it a lot. Perfection. Thats what it reminds me of. A perfect being

Now, More fractals of a thorny nature from my mind

Thorny image I:
athorninmymind1.jpg

and

Thorny image II:
athorninmymind2.jpg

mjshroomer

Love it. <3

Space: The Final Frontier - Bryce 5 Program

Created in Bryce 5 and KPT'S 3 and KPTS 5.

A Sci-fi psychedelic sky.

zmuppetsinspaceonshrooms1.jpg

mjshroomer

The Lords of San Pedro

Created in Bryce 5 and KPTS 3,5,6 and 7.

With a live San Pedro to enhance the idea of the image.

See the vibrations of the cacti in motion.

Lords_of_san_pedro_master1.jpg

mjshroomer

Space: The Final Frontier

This was created while under the influence of 1 and a 1/4 fresh ounce of a Philippine grown strain of Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms on my lab top in Amsterdam a few years ago.

In Bryce 5 and KPTS3,5, 6, and 7.

newspaceship2.jpg

mjshroomer

King Kong, Mushroom John, The Dragon and the Shroom

A fantasy image made from a montage of me and a dragon and an image of Kong and Naomi Watts.

Johnflies10abc.jpg

mjshroomer

Wow this thread is beautiful. I do think that psychedelics lend themselves especially well to art, as well as insight and self-transformation (and good old fun, of course). Anyway, here's a poem from my very first psychedelic experience, on 2c-b:

Paradoxes = This Title is a Mask is a Mask is a Mask

The masks- I wear each mask according to situation
So who am I?
-but this stance is itself a mask

These words themselves are masks!
What is behind these words??

And these words themselves are masks!
And And And!!! Forever?
“Forever” is itself a word
What lies behind forever?

(Insane laughter?)
(Enlightened chatter?)
THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL A PARADOX
(these words themselves are masks)

THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL FUCKED UP!
THESE WORDS THEMSELVES ARE MASKS!

- i would describe this poem as "frustrated philosophical grasping." I'm a very philosophically minded person, and I often encounter paradoxes in my thinking - they used to frustrate me to no end, but I'm beginning to find an elegant, infinite beauty in them. When I began this poem one fantastic night, I was preoccupied with the idea of my personality, and how it shifts from one situation to another - as if I wear a new "mask" for each situation. I then tried to ascertain, what is behind all these masks? Here's where the paradox comes in: i was trying to discover the unalterable essence of my Self, what lies behind all the masks, but then i realized that the present self (me) was in fact another mask, all my questions resulted from this mask, all my preconceptions and new conceptions resulted from this mask, and therefore any attempt to get behind my mask was itself another mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.