• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy PMEA Thread

^^^^ wow. The extreme dose/response variability of this substance is not exactly the best news...

What is troubling the extreme dose/response the question of the actual physical purity of said substance. Source discussion out, do any of you have any tools at your disposal to assay your substances? I would be very curious to see what exact molecules are in everyone's little vials.

I tried it again recently at 107mg. This was still not a strong experience. Mood lift and a sedative effect (even without alcohol this time). I was again left feeling like I wanted more of an experience for my time and money.

It's hard to say why, but I don't really see the point in pushing the dose any higher. It didn't feel toxic or anything, I just think it would only put me to sleep at higher doses. The strongest effects at 107mg were mainly the sedation, not psychedelia or entactogenia.

I think I'm giving up on this one.

MMT, I don't have any testing kits (should probably get one). I used a very reputable supplier though, and I have verified it is the same supplier TM-321 used. Very likely the same batch.

Well, again today I have experimented with this chemical. I have been dosing 35mg every 30 mins or so. So far today I have dosed 270 mg since starting about 5 hours ago. All in all I am just buzzed and creative feeling. Sorta enactogenic in character. Sure there is prolly some tolerance since yesterday's experiment, but I dunno about this chem being as magical as we all had hoped...

Back to grail hunting...

Call me irrational, but perhaps this material has somekind of severe tolerance? After reading that first report on PMAE I thought that 100mg was clearly an overdose. 270? wow...

^^That's probably a big part of it, but I think it is also a very forgiving chemical. My trials were a few weeks apart, and 100+mg was still not very intense at all.

Thats so weird. I have dosed this with several friends and all had simular results to me at low dosages. Given we all used it with alcohol. Still we all had giddy trippy experiences and all of us are very experienced with entactogens. Weird. Weird. Weird.

All I can say is more for me. ;)

Could be it's better in a social setting too. I've only done it at home alone or with my wife.

250 mg with lots of alcohol tonight and still not much more than a little bit of a grin...although the other day on 270+ (I kept going for a few more boosters after that last post) did put me in a very creativelanguage space. I felt very able to describe anything in deep poetic depth, sorta like how dxm does for me. Sets the glossolalaia in motion. At least that is how I felt...it was cool, but still I have had nothing near what I would recognize as tripping, or intense. My barometer is the fact that I could still talk to my mother or my boss if I had too, and I prolly wouldn't spill too much love on them either... ;)

Hmmm... well, I finally got to try this stuff. I really like it, 55mg felt like a strong MDA pill with a 6-ish hour duration, lots of visuals, very little body load. No further details until I have some time to experiment with this some more.

I'd have to agree. It does have some pretty serious individual variance.

A friend of mine barely got to half the intensity of my 55mg experience after taking a straight 140mg from the same batch... weird.

Very, very interesting. Is anyone aware of any other chemical with such apparently divergent effects between individual users? Of course nearly every drug will vary somewhat, but this one seems to vary almost by an order of magnitude.

^^^

MDA and PMA are both like this.

I actually have friends that ENJOY the PMA experience and readily seek it out. :/

Well at least Im not the only one on here that gets off on it at all. I was beginning to wonder. Most of my friends felt the same effects as me to varying degrees. The stuff is gone from the original gram I bought. Really strange that others claim to feel nothing.

I tried a low amount, maybe 20mg or so. It made meheadachey, some small 'vibration' in my peripheral vision but not much else. :( I then proceeded to spill the rest all over the floor :/

Anyone have anything further to add? This one leaves me curious, but so far not enough to actually put it in a capsule and swallow it.

^^
Nothing to add, yet, but I think I might try it soon... Hopefully I will get a *good* batch!!

-Maitland

I insufflated a dose of PMEA a few weeks ago. God knows why. I didn't take notes and now I can't remember the exact dose, but I think it was 20-30mg. The effects were not much different than 2-3 strong cups of coffee. I.e. I couldn't calm down, got sweaty and flushed, had no psychedelia whatsoever, and wished I hadn't done it. I think I'm done experimenting with this one, just as I'm done with IAP.

Plastic Soul, I don't think there is any consensus yet that the variation in effects is a difference in batch vs. difference in individual physiology.

Wow I don't know what to think of this stuff...

at first I was really worried that people were going to be passing this stuff of as speed and god knows what else, but now with the increadible amount of variation it seems that wouldn't work so well.

TM-321 wrote (presumably in response to MagicalKat):
"Well at least Im not the only one on here that gets off on it at all. I was beginning to wonder. Most of my friends felt the same effects as me to varying degrees. The stuff is gone from the original gram I bought. Really strange that others claim to feel nothing."

MagicalKat described a '6 hour-ish MDA type experience'. No offense, but that is nothing like what you had described - a 10+ hour mindfucking trip which you suggested warranted comparison with the mescaline-like TMA series.

It's possible that a big part of the problem here is that people too often dismiss other substances consumed during a trip as some sort of inconsequential psychedelic gravy. I've said this before but it warrants repeating: there is no such thing as 'psychedelic gravy'.

You can't dismiss the possible contribution of other substances consumed during a drug experience as inconsequential. Nitrous, THC and alcohol can radically alter the character of a psychedelic experience. I get very frustrated when I read trip reports that note how 'nothing happened til we lit up a little bud' or 'did a hit of nitrous', which 'really brought it out'. Well duh ;). A few hits of acid or a few grams of shrooms would have brought it out even more, amigo.

If you are interested in acquiring some insight into the charatcer of a novel compound, it's very important to WAIT until a stable high is firmly established before mixing with other psychoactives - including alcohol, pot or nitrous.

Information regarding how a given substance is in combination with other substances is valuable and has its place, but we need to be careful to distinguish between taking a drug by itself as opposed to in combination with little buddies like alcohol, weed and nitrous - especially when we have no idea of how a novel compound (like PMEA) might be expected to act by itself.

Re-read TM-321's initial report with the 100mg- essentially nothing of note happens until AFTER he does a balloon of nitrous. That makes the report of questionable value for me.

While I think the jury is still out on this one, the vast majoriy of reports I have heard here and elsewhere suggest that this is more along the lines of IAP than anything else- a relative dud (I seem to recall some early reports describing IAP as something special- reports which proved to be quite inconsistent with the eventual consensus).

I may try it if I see a more favorable consensus for it build, or if fate lands it in my lap ;). I have definitely not heard enough to warrant seeking it out.=D

Last edited: