Welcome to the Big & Dandy PCP Thread

dl70.png

Phencyclidine molecular structure

bar_008.gif

External links:

{PCP analogues - A summary by Adder}

bar_008.gif

[original post:]

i'm interested in PCP, and since there is not really a PCP thread, I guess i'll open one. ;)

unfortunately, erowid information is quite limited, so i am still searching for basic some basic information:

what are the pros and cons of the different methods of administration (smoking, snorting, eating)? how does smoking of pure PCP work - with a smoke bubble?

how are the dosage levels? erowid just says some vague things about "5-10 mg", and in most trip reports, there is just talked about smoking "some PCP laced herbs"

and finally, how long does the trip last?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, I was going to say that I was suprised by the fact that PD does not have a PCP Big and Dandy, but then I realized that it also does not have an LSD Big and Dandy. The "oldies" apparently don't need their own threads. ;) The BDD forum would be far more suitable to your questions. :)

on a scale of one to trippy what would you rate pcp all you pcp users out there?

I was slipped PCP when I was young without being told the first time it was tried; since I had no idea I had injested anything but weed, I thought that the tunnel vision was actually me slipping off into the universe and I was afraid I was going to get lost (the whole world appeared to be painted onto two marbles that were retreating into a darkness that was all around me).

PCP made me feel like a ghost, in a world of ghosts. People would be in front of me talking, and move away, but their afterimage was still in front of me and would slowly fade or appear to blow away. I also felt like I was above myself looking down at myself many times.

With other drugs the 'mindfuck' arises and I can separate from it. With PCP I was aware of it for a split second and then I would be overwhelmed by it. It was like getting caught in a violent brainstorm. I would literally forget where I was going or feel like it was taking hours to cross a street.

I'd say, for myself anyway, that it was very intense.

IGNVS said:
on a scale of one to trippy what would you rate pcp all you pcp users out there?
I would say its somewhere between black lights and LSD ;)

^ hmm sounds like it would be good to get a bunch of my artsy freinds loaded on the stuff and have em come over and paint my room

Good idea!

And I'm totally aware there's no LSD Big and Dandy... I'm not sure why those who began the B&D thread tradition didn't make one right off the bat. But they didn't, and now it's a daunting task to try to combine all the LSD info into one without being redundant or having a 2,000 post thread!

One day I'll do it though. It's been on my list.

sadly to say virtually everybody i know who has taken pcp their first time (including me) have had no prior knowledge to the drug they were taking. usually it was laced in weed or some other drug. pcp comes in a water soluble hcl salt or freebase oil and overdose level is as low as 50mg oral.

My only experience with PCP was somewhat scary as I was expecting something ketamine-like, but the stimulating aspect of PCP meant that I couldn't just sort of switch off and ride it through as I can with ketamine when it goes dark and frightening. Possibly it was also because with ket I can tell myself that in half an hour any such things will have well and truely subsided - the thought of it going on for hours due to PCP's length of action probably helped in contributing to the unpleasant feel. Overall PCP compared to ketamine the way that say tryptamines compare to PEAs - much less controllable & malleable; with a dissociate that means it can become way more distressing (hence my reluctance to try PCP aghain despite my ongoing love affair with ketamine)

i would love to try pcp, its just a matter of finding reliable clean pcp. people are always afraid of getting their drugs laced with pcp, im afraid of getting my pcp laced with unreacted poison. if i could get pure phencyclidine im almost sure i would enjoy it. it just has a remarkable stigma.

sometimes I smoke weed with sketchy people. I am sort of afraid of ingesting PCP without being told (someone forgets to say its in the marijuana) as a couple past friends of mine have had similar experiences.

Question to those who have smoked weed laced with PCP: Can you see any sign that the weed is laced, such as a chemical smell to the smoke or a strange reaction when you light the material, or even just appearance of the green (can you lace nuggets or must you chop up the weed to lace it?).

This is all very foreign to me, but I have come into contact with PCP before so I know its out there. I hope to never smoke that stuff, it sounds like a horrible drug...and one experience with ingesting a roll which was apparently PCP convinced me to never pursue it.

I've only been around it once, with some guys smoking it in a joint. It had a distinct chemical twang to it. I wasn't puffing on it though, so I have no idea about the taste. I also had no clue how much was in the joint, so i wasn't about to try it (not the sharpest folks around).

I'm not completely against trying pcp, but I definately would take it slower than almost any other drug I've tried. Dissociatives are among my favorite drugs:)

theres almost a liquid smoke type flavor when you get wet off a cigarette, kind of that over powering flavoring that bottled liquid smoke gives meat

PCP is an EXTREMELY intense dissociative psychedelic/anaesthetic. Some people freak out on it, sure. But that's the same with all hardcore psychedelics.

I do believe, however, that for hardcore psychonauts it could be very useful, to the degree of ketamine at least, if not moreso. You just have to know what's coming and how to handle it, I think.

If I had a reliable source and knew exactly what i was getting and how much of it, I would probably experiment with phencyclidine.

It's too bad that most PCP comes from Compton and is bought sold and used there. That is an extremely ghetto area and you'd be likely to get ripped off or killed if you (a white person) walked up to a black thug in Compton asking for PCP. So unfortunately, there is no reliable source for me that I know of. I'm not going to go walking around Compton trying to cop.

I have never been scared away by the intense experience, that part I would look forward to. I just have an issue with being in that dissociative state and still having the ability to walk around and mingle with society. I have yet to find a dose of Ketamine that was too much, I love that mind space, but PCP scares me in that I could still get into that mind state, and still be able to wander around, K renders you incapable of doing that. Granted, I'm not sure how much of the "stigma" surrounding PCP is facilitating that fear of it, but it is still a substance I am leary of.

I just have an issue with being in that dissociative state and still having the ability to walk around and mingle with society. I have yet to find a dose of Ketamine that was too much, I love that mind space, but PCP scares me in that I could still get into that mind state, and still be able to wander around, K renders you incapable of doing that.

I just have an issue with being in that dissociative state and still having the ability to walk around and mingle with society. I have yet to find a dose of Ketamine that was too much, I love that mind space, but PCP scares me in that I could still get into that mind state, and still be able to wander around, K renders you incapable of doing that. Very much my concern, esp after having tried it - thankfully at a lowish dose (5mg)

fastandbulbous said:
I just have an issue with being in that dissociative state and still having the ability to walk around and mingle with society. I have yet to find a dose of Ketamine that was too much, I love that mind space, but PCP scares me in that I could still get into that mind state, and still be able to wander around, K renders you incapable of doing that. Very much my concern, esp after having tried it - thankfully at a lowish dose (5mg)
since this is finally the first concrete information, how did you ingest your 5 mg of PCP? how long did the trip last?

Went with 5mg rectally - that way if I got strong alerts in the first 5 mins I could get rid of it really quickly before it all become too much. As it was I didn't (well I don't think I did) have to do that, but as to how long it lasted, I really can't remember as it left me with fucked up time perception & understanding quite what it felt like for quite a while - several hours is the best I can do

I wonder if a research chemical company would ever do a custom synthesis of phencyclidine or any of its analogues. One certain vendor comes to mind. What do you guys think? Could it happen?