• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Nutmeg Thread

bought a jar of whole nutmeg nuts the other day. not sure how i'm going to go about the eating of them. wish i had some liquor to do an extraction with. gonna be broke for the foreseeable future though.

I actually did consume it before school and I was fine. A couple of my buddies I smoke and do other shit with could kind of tell I was a little out of it. The feeling actually was pleasant and it lasted about 2 days. I felt like I was stoned most of the time and I reacted slow to people talking and when people touched me i felt it a couple seconds late. But I liked it. I didn't have a hangover or any bad nausea I felt fine the whole time. Although I never get hungover like after drinking a Bottle of dxm or drinking a large amount of alcohol .. Thanks for the tips guys and I ate about 20 -25 g ... (Hardest thing ever to eat ) I found it best to put it in apple sauce and take huge spoonfuls of it and drink after.

Nutmeg Experiences and Question

The first time I tried nutmeg was with McCormicks pre ground nutneg which had about 30g in the whole container. I took about 2/3 of it and after about 4 hours I noticed intense relaxation and tingling in my body. It felt pretty good but that went on for about another day and then subsided. The whole time my mouth was dry, but I hardly noticed it.

The next time, I bought McCormicks whole nutmeg. About 5g per nut. Okay I was feeling pretty lazy so what I did was take 3 nuts and one by one I just chewed them. Lol I washed them down with water but it wasn't that bad. I have a very strong stomach. Okay, after a couple hours I felt very relaxed again which was awsome. It was hard to keep track of my thoughts unless I really tried. This would be good if you knew you were going to be bored for a whole day and wanted time to by fast. Honestly, I could just sit in one place all day if I wanted to relaxing and it would be a very good time. Okay, about 8 hours after ingesting and am still feeling very chill. When I walk it feels like I am floating. The entire high was like this except for one mild hallucination. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror my face appeared to resemble some of my friends faces. It was really funny. I would make a face and it would like another person. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Now, if anybody has experience with nutmeg, I am looking for a more intense experience. Do you reccomend me going up to go to 5 nuts or try 4 next and see what happens. Its about 5g per nut.

Never heard of too many people enjoying nutmeg, you must be one of the lucky ones. I remember Malcolm X used to take it in prison when he couldn't get anything better.

This is about the best experience you can get out of nutmeg. It's not really a hallucinogen; it's more similar to a very very heavy cannabis high. I don't suggest you dose much higher.

The only real downsides of nutmeg are the taste and the long onset time.

I did 7 nuts once. It was alright i guess, very intense. It was very slow coming on, then felt heavily sedated and maybe a bit euphoric for the rest of the day. Crazy dreams were experienced and I woke up to a state of delirium with hallucinations that were anything but fun, can't remember much specifics though and i believe i blacked out for a good portion. The effects wore off throughout the course of the 3rd day and left me feeling groggy. Overall, at lower dosages (i built up to the dose similar in the way you are) I found the effects to be ok, relaxing, slightly good i guess. Mostly just sedating and nothing i would be looking to do the next day by any means. Higher dosages are delirious similar to high dose diphenhydramine. Not really pleasant, but not horrible. Deliriants are kind of.. meh.

I remember a nutmeg respice i was invited to test about 25 years ago, and i think it worth to share, before i forget, for ethnographic interest.
It is, or it was, a traditionnal dessert from morrocco, a morrocan friend of mine use to bring back some with him when he goes for hollidays in his country.
It looks like a crumble powder with a strong nutmeg smell.
The main dish is almond powder and sugar, roast with butter and hashish + grass and nutmerg powder.
They used to add other stuff like grounded nuts, datura seeds and cantharides powder, but just in little amont.
The tast was not that bad, but i didn't eat enough to feel an effect.

Reference for that? People consume nutmeg in moderate quantities w/o any problems.

To be frank, I do not believe the FDA one bit when it says things like safrole and elemicin are "possibly hepatotoxic/carcinogenic". They're toxic in *rats*, not in humans...

Last edited:
To be frank, I do not believe the FDA one bit when it says things like safrole and elemicin are "possibly hepatotoxic/carcinogenic". They're toxic in *rats*, not in humans...

this rules out many of the references i'd be able to present =p

that sounds pretty crazy but i can see why people dont do it much. basically you are totally non functioning for days and just devouring everything in sight. it sounds like something a 14 year old alone at his/her parents house may enjoy but otherwise this shit sounds pretty lame other than the fact that its legal and works

When i was 14, i ate 15g of the stuff and waited. 4:30 hours later, i started smiling and laughing then it peaked about an hour later.
I was extremely euphoric, forgot my depression/anxiety and just layed on my bed, starting at the ceiling and listening to dubstep, which feltextremely good. My appetite was crazy. I ate until my stomach couldnt take it. It was an aswesome experience. 10 days later, I ate 5g of the same brand and 5g of fresh nuts which i grinded. I felt slightly happy, nohere near my first experience. It was kinda unpleasant too.
10 days later, i ate 15g of ground fresh nuts. When it kicked in, it was very unpleasant and i couldnt think properly nor aim at the toilet correctly.
And effects lasted to 24hrs after ingestion.

My conclusion : I either built tolerance to the stuff, or the fresh nuts just don't work for me. (there are various species of nutmeg, right?)

I tried nutmeg when I was 15. I ate like 2 or 3 whole nuts and felt really freaking weird for like 2 days. It was almost like being delirious when you have a high fever.

Since I presently find myself living in an area where I have no connections I thought I'd give nutmeg a try. Everywhere I looked into it I got mixed reviews, from it being the worst experience of their life to thoroughly enjoyable, although everyone said the oil is the best.
I bought 1oz of Now brand nutmeg oil off of Amazon for 5 or 6 dollars and received it earlier this week. Woke up this morning and decided to try it. Hard to gauge how much I took, I'd say over 50 drops if that means anything. Not sure if that's enough, although I've read that 48 drops of the oil is a good dose.
I don't know if it was the brand or the age of the product, but it's been over four hours, and so far, aside from some minor diarrhea, I've felt nothing.
Color me disappointed! :(

I've merged this with the B&D thread :)

I always think this is a great article about nutmeg: http://www.science20.com/alpha_meme/i_am_going_nuts_really-80490

if i were to try nutmeg again, i would follow the tek in this article

I don't know if it was the brand or the age of the product, but it's been over four hours, and so far, aside from some minor diarrhea, I've felt nothing.

nutmeg has the longest comeup of any substance i've ever tried. it can take 5 or more hours to feel first effects. weird stuff.

a lot of people end up falling asleep before the stuff even kicks in.

Same stufff happened to me the first time I ingested nutmeg I got a really euphoric high then every time I try dosing again I get a really stoned feeling high with low euphoria. Maybe we both fucked our brains up and cant get that first high again haha

Been experimenting for several weeks. All doses are approximate (+/- 2g). All material consumed was premium pre-powdered spice originating in Indonesia. Subject is male, 35 years old, 190lbs, caucasian, and employed in computer science research at a major university. No significant history of illness, allergies, etc. Prior drug experience includes LSD (100+ doses), various RCs, psychedelic mushrooms (100+ doses), cannabis (daily, for long periods), amphetamines, narcotics, etc. Subject has abstained from all psychoactive drugs, barring occasional and light alcohol and caffine consumption, for 2+ years.

Powdered nutmeg was administered at 3 day intervals for two weeks. Powder was swallowed "dry" with water.

Dose < 15g: Noticable, though light, euphoria. Effects begin ~4 hours after consumption, peaking at T+6hrs, with return to baseline around T+18hrs. Mild impairment of short-term memory and increased urination, otherwise no noticable side effects.

Dose 10g - 20g: Moderate sustained euphoria, alternating with intermittant waves of dysphoria and anxiety. Noticable, mild disassociation. Inebriation similar to light cannabis intoxication, but without psychedelic effects. Effects begin ~3 hours after consumption, peaking at T+8 hours, with return to baseline at around T+36hrs. Markedly increased urination, dry throat, elevated heart rate. Mild-moderate short-term memory impairment (comparable to moderate doses of cannabis). Occasional slips into dreamlike states lasting a couple seconds.

Dose > 20g: Heavy disassociation with memory impairment. Euphoria during onset, with anxiety and feelings of doom dominating during the peak phase. Similar timeline to moderate doses, but with an extended hangover/comedown phase (baseline at T+48hrs). Marked inebriation, with some motor difficulty. Periods of dreamlike delerium and/or profound disassociation, lasting up to five minute. Increased need for urination, but with some difficulty urinating. Dry throat, noticably elevated heart rate (resting heart rate 140 at ~T+8hrs), tendency to gasp for breath. Tingling and numbness in extremeties, similar to strong vasoconstrictors (e.g., ergot derivatives). Prolonged constipation. Prolonged hangover.

Addictive potential: No cravings or withdrawal symptoms after cessation of effects, even with regular use over one month.

Use in combination with even very light doses (1-2 standard drinks / 2 hours) of alcohol during the peak phase markedly increases the negative and inebriant effects of both substances.

Been experimenting for several weeks. All doses are approximate (+/- 2g). All material consumed was premium pre-powdered spice originating in Indonesia. Subject is male, 35 years old, 190lbs, caucasian, and employed in computer science research at a major university. No significant history of illness, allergies, etc. Prior drug experience includes LSD (100+ doses), various RCs, psychedelic mushrooms (100+ doses), cannabis (daily, for long periods), amphetamines, narcotics, etc. Subject has abstained from all psychoactive drugs, barring occasional and light alcohol and caffine consumption, for 2+ years.

Powdered nutmeg was administered at 3 day intervals for two weeks. Powder was swallowed "dry" with water.

Dose < 15g: Noticable, though light, euphoria. Effects begin ~4 hours after consumption, peaking at T+6hrs, with return to baseline around T+18hrs. Mild impairment of short-term memory and increased urination, otherwise no noticable side effects.

Dose 10g - 20g: Moderate sustained euphoria, alternating with intermittant waves of dysphoria and anxiety. Noticable, mild disassociation. Inebriation similar to light cannabis intoxication, but without psychedelic effects. Effects begin ~3 hours after consumption, peaking at T+8 hours, with return to baseline at around T+36hrs. Markedly increased urination, dry throat, elevated heart rate. Mild-moderate short-term memory impairment (comparable to moderate doses of cannabis). Occasional slips into dreamlike states lasting a couple seconds.

Dose > 20g: Heavy disassociation with memory impairment. Euphoria during onset, with anxiety and feelings of doom dominating during the peak phase. Similar timeline to moderate doses, but with an extended hangover/comedown phase (baseline at T+48hrs). Marked inebriation, with some motor difficulty. Periods of dreamlike delerium and/or profound disassociation, lasting up to five minute. Increased need for urination, but with some difficulty urinating. Dry throat, noticably elevated heart rate (resting heart rate 140 at ~T+8hrs), tendency to gasp for breath. Tingling and numbness in extremeties, similar to strong vasoconstrictors (e.g., ergot derivatives). Prolonged constipation. Prolonged hangover.

Addictive potential: No cravings or withdrawal symptoms after cessation of effects, even with regular use over one month.

Use in combination with even very light doses (1-2 standard drinks / 2 hours) of alcohol during the peak phase markedly increases the negative and inebriant effects of both substances.
Why thank you and welcome to bluelight!

What about those dream like visions with closed eyes? No one here seems to have mentioned them. For me personally it'd be the only reason to try nutmeg, since the only other known drug causing the same effects seems to be MMDA which is completely unavailable to the public as of now.

Thanks for the welcome.Dreamlike visions seem more generalized to me. There is a tendency to "fade out" into brief, hypnogogic-type episodes; much like the short dreams one gets while on the threshold of sleep during a nap, but tending to occur spontaneously while awake as the mind wanders.One troubling thing I totally forgot to mention in my initial post:Appetite is increased at pretty much any dose; however, at moderate-high doses, failing to graze on food seems to cause very heavy side effects (circulatory effects, vertigo, tremors, anxiety). I strongly suspect this is because of some effect on blood-sugar; especially when combined with its strong diuretic effects, this seems more dangerous than simple "munchies".

So what would happen if someone was to preform a large acid base extraction on a large quantity of nutmeg?
Followed my an isolation of whatever alkaloids that would then dissolve into a solvent, then reconsitituted into HCL, and then rebasified//digested through an ammonia solution.
I've been reading lots of weird things about nutmeg and ammonia I'd imagine pure isolated alkaloids would evolve into something..
What would an actual extraction achieve?
Just a mass of strange alkaloids that obviously do something. But more of a Stupificant than a psychedelic?