• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Nutmeg Thread

Perhaps you just have an inborn tolerance - like my friend that can drink 10 drinks and never get intoxicated. Ever.

And nevermind the dose, I think you have found like myself that nutmeg, when taken at threshold doses, can actually be fairly euphoric and enjoyable.

Fuck I can't remember the brand I bought, but it was a small container with a red cap and I ate the whole fuckin thing at like 10pm, then went to sleep. I woke up and had a very strange day thats for sure. My eyes were BLOODSHOT red, and if I sat perfectly still this buzz would start up, and my vision would be strange. It wasn't fun though lol.

nutmeg?

i have heard that taking large amounts of nutmug will make you trip. i have been wanting to try so i picked up 17 grams and am going to try. has anyone here tried it? how can i expect to feel and how long does it last? i have done research and many people say it last between 4-24 hour which is a big difference, what it your thoughts?

Woah don't take 17 grams of nutmeg...don't even take 5 grams. All you need to get some seriously powerful effects is 3 teaspoons worth. Nutmeg can fucking poison you if you take too much, and before you know it you'll be in hospital rigged up to machines getting your stomach pumped.

On another note, nutmeg is a pretty rubbish high. You won't feel anything for 6 hours, and then out of nowhere you'll turn into a groggy mess. Your eyes will get so bloodshot you'll look like you've smoked a fat pound of weed. The effects will last for about 24 hours.

So please seriously consider your plans for the next 2 days, and look up on dosages and trip reports, or else you're going to have a miserable time.

i wasnt planning on taking the whole 17 grams i should have specified that, lol i was going to take 4 table spoons, thanks for spotting that ill pay more attention next time i post

i wasnt planning on taking the whole 17 grams i should have specified that, lol i was going to take 4 table spoons, thanks for spotting that ill pay more attention next time i post

Ok that's not so bad. Still, just be careful with when you dose. The one time I tried nutmeg, I consumed 3 teaspoons at 8pm, but didn't feel anything until I woke up, fucked, at 7am. The effects didn't wear off at all until the following day as well.

Did you buy it powdered or in nuts?
Nuts are said to be way better (I only did them).
BTW, nutmeg is perfect if you want to erase 2 days out of your life. It's not blackout (I'm talking about the day after), you just can't do anything :)

i know someone who did this... really stupid in my opinion he said that he got fucked up but in a really nasty uncomfortable way with absolutly nothing good about it.

Chop up 1.5 fresh nuts, boil them in a tea mug's worth of water for 30 minutes (careful simmer) stirring often. Pour into mug and drink with a lot of sugar. Optional: eat the yummy nut sludge.

Mood lift, light euphoria, mild stimulation, serene buzz. Lasts a couple of days at best. It's nice.

I was initially inspired by this website: http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_info2.shtml
I find that 30 minutes is enough. 15 minutes seems to definitely not be enough. Haven't experimented in the 16-29 range.

right to put it in simple terms its shit! you feel as if you had a bong n got a cold .

you should arouse your curiosity in something more intriguing..........

It has myristicin e. oil as main component. Would be MMDA if animated, but its not. So it makes you sick along w/h a minor buzz.

If you want an otc high I wouldn't recoomend nutmeg. You just get delerious like benadryl or dramamine id say stick to dxm for the best otc high

I don't know what you are talking about but nutmeg was amazing when I did it. I did 5 grams. It took me about an hour and a half to get effects, you lose sense of time, feel chill as hell, it makes you feel semi-lightheaded but it kind of is an enjoyable lightheaded if that makes sense... It is a very out-of-body high and it lasted for about 16 hours for me. After the high was over, I slept for 19 hours straight. I enjoyed it. I haven't done it for about a year though. Now I am going to go pick some up :D

Ok, BE CAREFUL. Nutmeg is seriously dangerous stuff. Do not exceed 1.5-2 table spoons. I'd spend some time looking up doses if I were you. Also, whole nuts are generally much stronger than pre-ground powder. And expect to be really tired the next day. Like bad. And insanely thirsty. And bear in mind that you are basically poisoning yourself. It'll take about 2-6 hours to come up, and not everybody even likes it. I did, but I'm weird. I like everything. Most of my friends thought it was nasty. I say if you want something strange and legal, go ebay some nitrous or get some Robogels. Nutmeg is seriously bottom of the barrel. And fog God's sake, Don't take 17 grams! You'll end up in the hospital, if you're lucky.

I've eaten 10 whole seeds (1.5oz, grated) in one sitting, and yet I live. I was 240lbs at the time. I recommend never, ever taking that much! Nutmeg doesn't get much better at higher dosages, and you can be poisoned by it.

The high itself isn't too bad, but can get tense if you've taken too much. It's like getting really stoned on cannabis shade leaves, but with fewer visuals, IME.

And I'd like to point out that while nutmeg can produce some anticholinergic effects, it is in NO WAY comparable to diphenhydramine. I've taken a lot of diph. Diph will make you forget what you were doing 20 seconds ago. Diph makes you delirious. The dry mouth diph produces is sooo much worse.

Nutmeg, even at the dosages I took, never made me forget what I was doing. It did become scary, and I thought I might go into cardiac arrest or suffer some kind of CVA, but my memory was fully intact, and there was no delirium. At all. The dry mouth was entirely manageable, but my eyes... sooo red.

After a while you may learn to despise nutmeg's taste. If this happens, you can pour the grated seeds into cold milk and gulp it down quickly. It takes only a few seconds, and then it's done. The milk will mask the flavor a little, and will also help settle your stomach.

Another one of nutmegs effects: it makes your body feel minty.

Nutmeg is incredibly pleasant in smaller doses. Expect mild euphoria and just a general sense of serenity. It's not really an experience though.

Smoking some bud on it is really nice though, I found I didn't get paranoid at all.

found the taste wasnt nearly as bad as anyone says, but the effects were minimal and maybe interesting at best... however, i never used real nuts, only the pre-powdered stuff.

it made me go full on blind for hours the next day after i woke up. (very young at the time.)
I kept openeing me eyleids with my fingers to make sure i wasn't closing my eyes,
and yes i went temporarily blind. (twice that day)
Vision only returned after i went to sleep and woke back up.

Scary stuff. Just do some fucking nitrous