• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

I DEFINITELY know what you mean about it going a bit deeper each time in a session (or overall?). Like you turn to the next page of the story that is inevitably infinite, sort of chasing your tail after a while. I remember the first could times it was like this spinning "flower of life" or whatever, that would sort of turn me to the next chapter. Each page is sort of influenced by what the last one was (cause you're thinking about it still I imagine) as well as external factors.

One time I did one, and unknowingly my friend was explaining to another person how a lot of his friends back home are recovering heroin addicts (dark topic) and totally made my trip go in the direction of seeing myself in the future, going COMPLETELY mad from being so obsessed with the nitrous profundity that my life crumbled to pieces (lost friends and family, homeless, put in a mental institute, therapists trying to find out what was wrong with me) and he was sort of narrating that. That was probably the most terrifying one I ever had, I legitimately thought I was never coming back to reality as what I had now found was the true reality (I usually feel this way from the more profound ones, albeit the reality can be just as beautiful as it was dark that time).

The "going mad" thing has always been an underlying theme/fear of my trips since I was very young; the feeling of losing control, losing the ability to discern actual reality from my own reality, especially when the experienced reality becomes more real than actual reality. I found through nitrous though, by being respectful, cautious and with good intentions, experiencing the sensation of being completely convinced of an alternate reality being the true reality can be just as profound, enlightening and beautiful as it can be utterly terrifying; you've just got to initially let go, face the experience as a visitor/guest, and immerse yourself without fighting it.

I've never been afraid of losing my sanity on psychedelics thankfully. You can't lose something you never had in the first place!;) Really though reality is what you make it. IDK why that fear never really bothered me. I've always felt reliance that it's just drugs altering my perception, that was the goal of taking said drugs anyways for me at least! Unless you have some underlying mental health disorder, once the drugs are gone from your system, your system should return to balance. I'm thankful and feel lucky that I don't have to deal with that fear though! It seems quite tedious and annoying!

The feeling always reminded me of the ouroboros. A snake eating it's own tail AKA the circle of life, flower of life, etc etc. I always felt it was something I could never grasp anyways so I tried to not chase it though its always quite tempting...

Nitrous for me always shone brightest in combination with things. Simple tryptamines and nitrous always felt so otherworldly and divine especially in place with other psychedelics especially. Not for the faint of heart but IMO it's all how you go about it. It's something I use rarely nowadays though. I believe the last time I had any was in October or November 2016. Almost two years now. I do hope to do some whilst tripping when I can scrounge up some extra cash sometime in the hopefully near future.

Yeah agreed about combining it, I have never once gotten anything profound from nitrous without combining it with psychedelics. It seems to produce the most synergy with LSD... with LSD, I get there every single time and it's as I described 2 posts back. With tryptamines it's more lighthearted in nature, but not quite as easy to break through. For me anyway.

I have literally never bought nitrous for myself only, I only ever do it when I'm hanging out and tripping with certain friends who are really into nitrous and tripping. I keep it this way because I do really like it and find it compulsive. But fortunately it's not something I seek out.

I have been meaning to try NO2 for a long time now...

However, when I go to order it online I only see them selling whippets in bulk! I do not want to buy 50-100 at a time lol! Imagine the rattle that box would make, I should really get a PO box.

You can find it in head shops all over the place, at least in my area, in boxes of 24. You also need to get a cracker, I'd recommend a whip cream dispenser as the metal crackers you screw and fill one balloon at a time with suck to use.

You can find it in head shops all over the place, at least in my area, in boxes of 24. You also need to get a cracker, I'd recommend a whip cream dispenser as the metal crackers you screw and fill one balloon at a time with suck to use.

Thanks, X.

However, it seems that there are absolutely no headshops in Tennessee! When I move to CO I'm expecting to find some.

I have been meaning to try NO2 for a long time now...

However, when I go to order it online I only see them selling whippets in bulk! I do not want to buy 50-100 at a time lol! Imagine the rattle that box would make, I should really get a PO box.

Try getting 300 of them in a box. Trust me, you'll want 50 if you try it on LSD. I usually go through ~25 during trips. You can easily do 10-15 your first time. Pretty wild stuff. I always have some nos when tripping. It's like gravy to the experience. Plus if you're having a weird time, nos can usually knock you out of it and you forget why you were struggling.

My feeling with nos is that it simulates the feeling of dying. As you get deeper into the experience, the time dilation increases which is why when you combine it with psychedelics, it's even more profound. Psychedelics can provoke moments of eternity and moments of severe time dilation. Nitrous increases that as well as dissolving the ego (generally). This combination gets the user to the point of egoless experience. The experience of being truly in the moment. Now it's not truly there because you have these epiphanies of understanding while in this state. But the understanding is empty because it's really an understanding of dying. The epiphanies are you giving yourself a reminder that you're still alive. In fact nitrous sort of feels like asphyxiation.

Wild wild stuff. I gotta get some more for my next trip.

Trust me, you'll want 50 if you try it on LSD.

Yeah this is the reason I've limited my self to the 24 packs and only when I trip, I've had nights where I've gone through somewhere in the range near 75 chargers. Stuff reminds me of air duster back in my high school days when I take it sober, but on Lucy, oh man I cant get enough of the odd sensation :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm, like duster I supposed, except far more psychedelic and basically harmless if done in moderation (one of the only inhalants that doesn't cause massive cell death - it's still used in medicine after all).

Just be careful asking about crackers. I once got thrown out of a head shop when I asked if they had any. I was stunned. I mean, the whippits were right there in the display case along with the glassware! Definitely get the whipped cream dispenser. The aluminum crackers corrode, get quite cold and you'll eventually strip the threads. The plastic ones don't last very long.

I also once got the third degree from a cashier when buying those punch balloons. I'm not sure what she thought I was doing with them, but she seemed really suspicious.

I was doing nitrous pretty regularly every weekend and started to have some pretty serious side effects. One lonely night, wanting to take it further, I inhaled 30-40mg of DMT then instantly proceeded to take multiple lung fulls of nitrous. What happened next pretty much ruined dmt for me :( Immediately I was thrown into some kind of delirium accompanied by an extremely painful body load. I mean my whole body was in intense pain. To make matters even worse my tongue started to involuntarily flap around in my mouth and my vision went red. I’m not exactly sure if it was a hallucination or what, but I know the tongue thing really occurred. I thought I was experiencing serotonin syndrome or something. Suffice to say this was not pleasant experience and I’ve been extremely apprehensive of both dmt and nitrous ever since.

Last edited:
That sounds absolutely scarier than hell.

I like nitrous without a hallucinogen (although, i need at least a 3 charger hit to make it anything more than just a 15 second head buzz. 3 chargers in 2 pulls. Wonderful.).

I LOVE nitrous with hallucinogens. It's magic. I've said it before, I'm a 1 hitter with LSD and a 2g to 3,5g guy on mushrooms. Never more than 15 to 20ish on RC tryptamines. So what I love about the nitrous is it gives you the ability to take 20 second (feels like a lot longer) tours into the world of a much heavier dose. You get to experience high dose magic and then come right back down to solid dose range. Like I said, it's magical. First time I ever did it on mushrooms I shed a real tear. Immediately knew I would be chasing the dragon on that experience forever.

It's never happened to me, but i imagine on higher doses the nitrous has the ability to almost permanently take you to the next level. At least, that's my guess. Is that the case? Or is it a magically little tour no matter what the dose (of the hallucinogen, not the nitrous.)?

^ Man, shit can get real dark when you start to over do the nitrous and I’m pretty sure involuntary tongue movement is related to brain damage. I tried doing the nitrous alone a week later and Once again my tongue started to roll around. The experiences started to take on a sinister tone as well, so I’m pretty sure that it’s my body telling me to leave itself alone and properly fuck off.

^ Man, shit can get real dark when you start to over do the nitrous and I’m pretty sure involuntary tongue movement is related to brain damage. I tried doing the nitrous alone a week later and Once again my tongue started to roll around. The experiences started to take on a sinister tone as well, so I’m pretty sure that it’s my body telling me to leave itself alone and properly fuck off.

I don't really do it often. I've probably never done more than maybe 30 chargers in a single day. Maybe 40. And I don't think I've ever done it on back to back days. I've only gotten nitrous 3 or 4 times. Once or twice one of my buddies had them. So in total, I've only ever done them on 5 or 6 occasions. And they kid of give me a quasi hangover (I'm a pansy. Anything that gives me any type of headache after use I consider a 'hangover". And I hate them.) So, I doubt there will ever be a time where I ever go on a binge or heavily abuse them for a time. I know that when abused regularly, the side effects can get pretty terrible. Not life threatening, but awful nonetheless.

I'm glad you're taking a break. Never a bad thing to give the brain a substance sabbath every once in a while.

I am using the cheap ICO soda bottle but the handle that dumps the gas breaks. Broke 2. You can fix it using a piece of 5/16 square stock and a grinder. Just trace the shape of the end on the bar stock with a sharpie pen and grind it down. Then drill the 1/8" hole . If you heat this thing with a propane torch you can put the bend in there and cut it off to match the original shape. That metal one will probably last forever.
OK the trick to get the pin out. Bang it on a block of wood and let inertia be your friend. Just don't hit it so hard you break the plastic head. It takes a lot of hits but the pin will come out far enough to grab it with pliers or better, end nippers. Don't get in a hurry. Be sure you are out far enough to get on the flat part. If you grab the taper on the end you will push it back in.

Another issue is the oil in some cartridges. Right now I am using a 0.3 micron filter but that is not a long term solution because I am going to run out of these filters and they cost a bunch of money, even if you could find them. I am thinking cut an inch off the dip tube and put a fuel filter on tube. Then fill the bottle with oil absorber (unscented kitty litter) Maybe wrap a coffee filter over some scotch bright material or something around the fuel filter to extend the life.

As part of all of this I put a gauge on this setup between the bottle and the filter. Be aware even with the extra volume of the filter (50 cu/in or so or almost double an empty bottle) this thing is still putting over 20PSI in there with one cartridge. I certainly would not want to put 2 or 3 in there.

Some gee whiz info. The spout of this ICO bottle is ~1/2" od so a 1/2" ID hose is a nice fit and you can put a hose clamp on it to keep it from coming off .. no balloons. Just hit the hose. That is where I have my external filter. I usually get 2 hits from a cartridge. (or one big one) If I could trick a welding store into selling me a tank again I have a nice rig with a regulator, solenoid valves and hoses. with a switch for each hose.

My wife and used to do 40 pounds on a long weekend and we ain't dead yet ;)
Usually it was just 20 tho. Before the welding store got funny about it we were buying a tank a time or two a month ... for about 15 years.

My wife and used to do 40 pounds on a long weekend and we ain't dead yet ;)
Usually it was just 20 tho. Before the welding store got funny about it we were buying a tank a time or two a month ... for about 15 years.

If you don't mind me asking, about how many chargers would you recon are in a 40 pound tank?

If you don't have an answer i understand. It's kind of a dumb question.

edit: Maybe a better way to ask would be: How many balloons does a 40 pound tank fill up? I've never done it out of a balloon, so I don't know how many chargers go into a balloon that would be sold at a festival. But I feel like that's a more reasonable way to ask the question.

Last edited: