Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew

Welcome to the Big & Dandy Nitrous Oxide Thread - Part 2

JUST SAY N2O !

- Nitrous FAQ

Carry on the usual discussion here about nitrous oxide, N2O, whippits, hippy crack, laughing gas HAHAHHAHAHAHA :| , nitrous, nos, noz, schnozz, the schnazzzzle at the nozzle.

Link to previous thread

Wiki says:

Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas or sweet air, is a chemical compound with the formula N2O. It is an oxide of nitrogen. At room temperature, it is a colorless, non-flammable gas, with a slightly sweet odor and taste. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anesthetic and analgesic effects. It is known as "laughing gas" due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as a dissociative anesthetic

- Here are some nitrous paraphernalia:

nitrous_cracker4.jpg

- Here is a framed picture of the gas:

gold-frame-psd20632.png

Last edited:
Lol, I love the framed picture! Yea, nitrous is one of my top 5 substances. Nothing like vegging with some movies and balloons..very safe profile, fun, fun, fun, good mystical experiences from time to time, combines well with pretty much anything (mxe, 2c-x, my fave) , reverse tolerance, I mean it gets better every session I have with it..maybe a case or two every 2-3 months.
Only complaints, bit of a headache here and there, maybe some nausea if really hitting it.
My fiancee doesn't like it, she says all it does it make everything go "wah-wah-wah" lol, more for me! She was on the phone with the pizza shop and I just did a balloon and i couldn't resist to yell out "don't forget the extra wah-wah-wah" I found it really, really hilarious, unfortunately, she did not. She hasn't had much humour lately due to unemployment.

Ah yeah I can understand that, though often if people are honest it's money that's lacking, not the job that was making you happy. I say often. Of course there are also plenty of people who love their jobs.
Anyway I did plenty of nitrous during my tripping/partying heydays but not an insane or unhealthy amount I think. Yet I have had hypoxia from doing it, I may have a little apneu that perhaps made that more likely to happen. But your suggestion of combining with MXE, 2C-X and having a safe profile I just have to say: it's not really that safe either.
I started avoiding it after multiple 'bad incidents' that were not just psychologically negative experiences but thing like seizure/epileptiform attacks in me and a friend. I got a type of fit I still cannot typify or diagnose but it caused my entire body to become rigid and stiff as a board. I mean extremely, like feeling like tensing or arching the back to one way or the other almost snapping the spine (figuratively, but still). It felt medically serious, not at all like an ego-death. More like the "peaking" effect was just creating brain overactivity like a thunderstorm.

It was unfortunate I didn't feel like it was responsible anymore because it has also given me the absolute sickest in the sense of coolest mindfuck effects. Like experiencing everything happening in reverse, as if a button has been pressed on a VCR, but while still being able to move and act 360 degrees freely. I remember experiencing like surfing synaesthetic waves of music, also quite often the inversion of colors like someone temporarily shifted the "hue" function in photoshop... that's classic.

I wouldn't say no to a tank of medical nitrous... lol!

Have tried with both MDMA and 6-APB. Have yet to experience the full effects. Have a nesting / NOS experienced planned in the next few weeks. I'm told I'm in for a very interesting time :)

To experience nitrous to its fullest extent, you must combine it with a psychedelic substance. Be it LSD, mushrooms, 2C-whatever etc. Also can be amazing on dissociatives such as MXE was very intense for me. Nitrous on psychedelics can be beautiful, but must be treated with respect as it can be a sinister ego shattering experience.

I have come across something of a realisation recently though. That the nitrous trip is actually quite fickle and temperamental. It is also unpredictable but at the same time predictable, a paradox that I still don't understand, and from what I've read many people spend years trying to find out 'what it means' etc etc. Of course it's simply a delusion, but I find it can be so lucid and mind blowing it's hard to believe what's happening is possible at all!

Recently I was tripping on 25I-Nbome and had some of the most intense nitrous trips ever, very hard to describe but anyone who has done nitrous with psychedelics will know what I mean, you can get a kind of underlying theme to the trips in that session. Somehow the trips with 25I had a almost feminine or even feline quality. The way the music and sound changed, the visual element, very strange indeed. But also frustrating at times. The nitrous can be choosy about what music it likes and will let you trip to. In the end I turned the music off and tried it without. 'They' told me to switch it back on. I had some extra surreal hallucinations at this point. And then got stuck in a thought loop for the next two hours. Basically I felt that the nitrous had actually spoiled the trip all in all, and next time I trip I intend to not have any nitrous around.

Somehow the trips with 25I had a almost feminine or even feline quality. The way the music and sound changed, the visual element, very strange indeed The nitrous can be choosy about what music it likes and will let you trip to. In the end I turned the music off and tried it without. 'They' told me to switch it back on.

Fantastic description. Trips really do have an organic quality to them. They have a life of their own.

N2O assistance

hello amigos,

just joined the forum and i have a question. a friend got some n2o in those whip cream can chargers from a kitchen supply store and isnt sure how to use them for a sess, so im tryin to help hehe. i read the big n2o faq on this website but im still pretty confused 8(
the little cannisters dont have a nozzle or valve at the end for one to be able to release the contents in a balloon, so how does one go about doing this?

i initially thought all cannisters came with that little valve thing at the end or else how can it dispense its contents? well anyway since im confuzzled i'd love some help from a bright soul around here

much appreciated
saikadelix

dispenser or cracker, pretty sure it mentions that in the faq

A pin breaks the seal on the charger, releasing the gas due to the high pressure difference and from there into a balloon. Personally use a dispenser.

yea it mentions that in the faq, a dispenser or cracker but i dont understand because i thought that each cannister had one on it. and how does one find a dispenser? is it sold seperately also at a kitchen supply store?

Like others have said you need a cracker or soda syphon. What ever you do don't try to make some home made device to crack them, that will end badly.

@loremipsum how much does one of things cost? and from that the gas can be released into the balloon?
@growit&smokeit thanks for the advice bro i wanna be cost effective but i dont want shit to get fucked up either

Bottles from the store of valerian root/5-htp make nitrous more worthwhile on its own for cheap. Valerian root prevents the uptake of GABA from the nitrous, and the serotonin potentates...just a heads up if yer not tripping

Google is your friend. the questions you're asking are very readily available.

the cartrigde is just a gas container. you put it into a whipcream maker that punctures it to pressurize the cream for dispensing.

to get just the gas, obviously dont add creme.

yea i know i can get most of this stuff from google but theres also a lot of crap to sift through so i figured goign thru you guys n this forum is the fastest way to get the best advice.
thanks for your helps though

Believe me, you want a dispenser but it is possible to use without one... If you don't mind risking fingers and potential explosions and the old AnE trip.

Whack the charger into a fairly heavy duty balloon and hit the tip as hard as you can on the edge of a wall or desk or something that won't break. It has to be small enough though to hit the pin thing. What will happen now is the gas escapes and the charger freezes over. You now have frost burns on your fingers, unless you let go where then you probably have a broken balloon and a wonderful nitrous balloon.

I seriously recommend against doing this, having learnt from experience. Frost burns covering the palm of your hand are not something you want at all, nor are imploding chargers.
We're all fucking idiots at some point eh?

I got really bad frostbite a little while ago from a cracker. Freaked me out at the time too. I still use it since my old dispenser broke, but yea, go for a dispenser.

Just so you know we have a Big & Dandy Nitrous thread. Me or one of the other staff members will be likely to merge this thread with that one once you've had a chance to see this post and reply :)

haha ok i wouldnt mind to have that link. i get it now tho gotta get that dispenser so i dont think i have any more questions. so you can go ahead hehe
thanks for all the tips