• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural vs. Chemical / Synthetic Psychedelics Thread

Do you (tend to) prefer synthetic psychedelics (incl LSD) or natural ones?

• Natural

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
One time, I told one kid at a party that I was on a small dose of 2c-b. He'd never heard of it before and he was interested in psychedelics but claimed he didn't want 'anything that was made in a laboratory..' and I just pretended to see his point instead of arguing with him at the time but had I been more knowledgable I would have instantly brought up that a tribe in africa ditched their previous rite of passage drug of choice and replaced it with 2c-b. Ha. What would he have to say to that I wonder?

What if 2ce or triptamines like 4-HO-MIPT/MET are simply not yet found on earth yet because its resident in some kind of deep sea creature or these molecular structures are very common another planet on which there was a different lapse of the evolutionary process of plants/animals. I wouldnt be surprised if this is the case.

I also wouldn't be surprised. Actually there is an aquatic animal that contains a compound that is one molecule away from 2C-B if I recall correctly... there are various brominated compounds found in the sea, including 5-Br-DMT. It would not surprise me AT ALL if there are various other active tryptamines and phenethyamines found in nature that we just haven't discovered yet. Could even be that some we have synthesized and tripped on already.

Interestingly, you can supplement the growing medium that you're growing psychedelic mushrooms in with a different base tryptamine (famously the experiment was done with DiPT) and the mushroom will generate the corresponding 4-hydroxy version, ie, in the experiment the mushrooms were found to contain 4-HO-DiPT after harvesting. Isn't that fascinating?

there are various brominated compounds found in the sea, including 5-Br-DMT.

Tyrian Purple, a natural indigo dye, is based on 6-bromo-indole. Come to think of it, did they ever do studies on the activity of 6-substituted psychedelic tryptamines? I believe the are a number of 6-substituted analogs of AMT out there, but that is more of an entactogen.

Interestingly, you can supplement the growing medium that you're growing psychedelic mushrooms in with a different base tryptamine (famously the experiment was done with DiPT) and the mushroom will generate the corresponding 4-hydroxy version, ie, in the experiment the mushrooms were found to contain 4-HO-DiPT after harvesting. Isn't that fascinating?

DET, not DiPT, but yes, that was pretty cool. Shulgin mentions it in TIHKAL under his commentary for 4-HO-DET:
"It is as if the mushroom psyche didn't really care what it was working with, it was simply compelled to do its sacred duty to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine it came across. It was observed that if you put N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET, not a material found in nature) into the growing process, the dutiful and ignorant enzymes would hydroxylate it to 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (4-HO-DET) a potent drug also not known in nature."

Tyrian Purple, a natural indigo dye, is based on 6-bromo-indole. Come to think of it, did they ever do studies on the activity of 6-substituted psychedelic tryptamines? I believe the are a number of 6-substituted analogs of AMT out there, but that is more of an entactogen.

DET, not DiPT, but yes, that was pretty cool. Shulgin mentions it in TIHKAL under his commentary for 4-HO-DET:
"It is as if the mushroom psyche didn't really care what it was working with, it was simply compelled to do its sacred duty to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine it came across. It was observed that if you put N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET, not a material found in nature) into the growing process, the dutiful and ignorant enzymes would hydroxylate it to 4-hydroxy-N,N-diethyltryptamine (4-HO-DET) a potent drug also not known in nature."
I remember reading this. I wonder what amount of base tryptamine one would need to succeed in such an endevour.