View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread - Elves are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding from a ton of tirp reports is that people dig the additional alkaloids sometimes leftover in the light-yellow crystal (Not dark yellow paste). Anyone find the light yellow DMT to be different than pure white? (Again light-yellow, not the heavily oiled darker yellow gunk that still has DMT in it)

even the white spice will turn yellow over time just through exposure to oxygen.
And yellow spice will turn an even darker shade.

so white, yellow, orange whatever.

ive even enjoyed smoking the oily putty gunk (though my lungs didnt).

really white spice ive had just turns pink.

who loves soap dmt? its white like crystal, but solid like wax. easy to handle and gets the job done yeahhhh. ive always watned to get something like an icecube tray and just make little perfect 50mg sized hits and just pour a bunch of dmt on that i melt up. mmm

My understanding from a ton of tirp reports is that people dig the additional alkaloids sometimes leftover in the light-yellow crystal (Not dark yellow paste). Anyone find the light yellow DMT to be different than pure white? (Again light-yellow, not the heavily oiled darker yellow gunk that still has DMT in it)

Yea I agree that there are things in there that can color the experience, I feel though that the yellower stuff is also much harsher on my lungs.

Yea I agree that there are things in there that can color the experience, I feel though that the yellower stuff is also much harsher on my lungs.

Do you find a difference in harshness when smoked through a machine?

^^ DEFINITELY! I cant smoke it out of anything else... i dont know what it is but it makes it so much less harsh. HUGE RIPS BABY! <3 Thats the ticket ;)

Well I've found that the naphtha left some residue on my DMT crystals. They smell of that naphthalene (moth balls) smell. I want to wash the crystals to remove the non-polar residue. About to look up methods for cleaning freebases.

If any of you have any tried and trued methods for this I'm all ears. :)

Well I've found that the naphtha left some residue on my DMT crystals. They smell of that naphthalene (moth balls) smell. I want to wash the crystals to remove the non-polar residue. About to look up methods for cleaning freebases.

If any of you have any tried and trued methods for this I'm all ears. :)

DMT itself smells like mothballs

And yea even using the machine Istill notice a big difference in harshness between yellow Crystals and white crystals.

Mhrb

How many mg's of DMT would 1oz of MHRB make?
im new to this and i searched.

I got 277mg from 33g. I just drained the naphtha after the freeze precip, leaving the crystals on the side of the jar and evapped the remaining naphtha from the jar. I saved the unfiltered naphtha for future re-use. If I filtered the freezing cold naptha I would probably get a bit more DMT out of it.

This was my first DMT extraction so I thought 0.84% without filtering was pretty good.

Would someone kindly enlighten me as to the meaning of STB? I don't know too much about the various dmt extractions and would love a point in the right direction. There's a few on erowid, but I'm not sure which is the best. Thanks :)

@ Adrian: 3 naphtha pulls combined into one jar.

I'm good at chemistry and it's procedures though, maybe that had something to do with it. ;)

Next time I'll have to find a cleaner non-polar solvent. Naphtha isn't the greatest. I wish I could find some xylene. Lab grade hexane would be sweet.

Would someone kindly enlighten me as to the meaning of STB? I don't know too much about the various dmt extractions and would love a point in the right direction. There's a few on erowid, but I'm not sure which is the best. Thanks :)

STB: Straight To Base. Means you dissolve the MHRB powder in basified water instead of dissolving it in acidified water and then basifying it.

The best tek (which is the one I used is the top link in the erowid section. It has a "new" tag beside it. Sorry I'm too lazy to get the link; Sometimes we have to do things for ourselves. :)

@ Adrian: 3 naphtha pulls combined into one jar.

I'm good at chemistry and it's procedures though, maybe that had something to do with it. ;)

Next time I'll have to find a cleaner non-polar solvent. Naphtha isn't the greatest. I wish I could find some xylene. Lab grade hexane would be sweet.

Ah ok, still pretty good though.

It's nice to be good at chemistry for all these different natural sources isn't it? Being a biochem major has lead to me learning all kinds of cool things to vastly improve my deemster techniques.

STB: Straight To Base. Means you dissolve the MHRB powder in basified water instead of dissolving it in acidified water and then basifying it.

The best tek (which is the one I used is the top link in the erowid section. It has a "new" tag beside it:)

lol there are pleanty of GREAT teks IN THIS THREAD. page 1 baby

IGNVS, I will heavily head your advice on my next set of 100g pulls, that includes shakign the MHRB/Lye mix before adding naptha, and doing pulls as soon as the solvent separates. :)

its the quickest cleanest and easiest way

(yessssss)

:) ;)

also, a good note: if you use less bark to the lye water mix you will get a faster separation of solvents and youll get more your first pull, but more d will have dissolved in the water also. dunno if this helps. usually your first pull comes out real clean if you have a real watery (opposed to slrurry ) mix.

i always tell people about extracting the d when they ask. like "hey how do you extract dmt" and i always tell them the process and they forget about it.
so im gonna spice it up and make it sound mysterious and do some guru role playing mind games with em, like if you can snatch the fly out of my hand style shit. i think itl work ;)

a little thing of lye naptha and dmt shit had been shaking it and lookin at it and BOOM the pressure blew it all right into. thought the person was gonna go blind but about an hour under running water and all was well

So what exactly caused this explosion? I'd like to know how to avoid it lol ...

i always tell them the process and they forget about it.
so im gonna spice it up and make it sound mysterious and do some guru role playing mind games with em, like if you can snatch the fly out of my hand style shit. i think itl work

^^LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.